It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell aliens theory revived by deathbed confession

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This is old news, but just to add to the evidence that life exists outside of this Earth, here is a snippet from a press release I dug up :

INDIAN CRYO PROBE CAPTURES LIVING MICRO-ORGANIZMS FROM OUTER SPACE

The analysis at Cardiff done so far has brought to bear unambiguous evidence
of living cells at several altitude points above troposphere and up to 41
kms. The analysis indicated that about a third of a tonne of
extra-terrestrial bacterial matter enters every day into the earth's
atmosphere possibly forming part of over 100 tonnes of cometary material
that enters earth's atmosphere daily. These results are being reported on
29th July, 2001 at the Astrobiology Session of the 46th Annual SPIE
Conference at San Diego by Professor Chandra Wickramasinghe on behalf of
the Indo-UK team of scientists.

Source

Sorry to stray from the OP's topic!

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
True enough grover. But scientists are also now saying human knowledge deep in science is evolving.
I take that to include what was science fact yesterday may be a wee-bit more advanced today and perhaps further beyond or different tomorrow -- yes?

Dallas

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
This is old news, but just to add to the evidence that life exists outside of this Earth, here is a snippet from a press release I dug up :

INDIAN CRYO PROBE CAPTURES LIVING MICRO-ORGANIZMS FROM OUTER SPACE

The analysis at Cardiff done so far has brought to bear unambiguous evidence
of living cells at several altitude points above troposphere and up to 41
kms. The analysis indicated that about a third of a tonne of
extra-terrestrial bacterial matter enters every day into the earth's
atmosphere possibly forming part of over 100 tonnes of cometary material
that enters earth's atmosphere daily. These results are being reported on
29th July, 2001 at the Astrobiology Session of the 46th Annual SPIE
Conference at San Diego by Professor Chandra Wickramasinghe on behalf of
the Indo-UK team of scientists.

Source

Sorry to stray from the OP's topic!

There is considerable debate about this.

Also could it not be that those living cells (since it did not state that they were explicitly alien in nature) are radiating out from earth? Given their proximity to the planet I would put my money on it.

There is the possiblity that life originated here on earth and it is spreading out into space, not the other way around. In short earth is shedding living cells which catch the solar winds and drift out to other worlds.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The point I am trying to make is that the what ifs go both ways.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
There is considerable debate about this.

That is no surprise when the whole scientific community is so resistant to 'new ideas' (it's actually been around for a while now) and change, though I can appreciate the need to confirm that it is more than just a theory.

Also could it not be that those living cells (since it did not state that they were explicitly alien in nature) are radiating out from earth? Given their proximity to the planet I would put my money on it.

A quote from the link I posted before:

The bacteria were found in air samples collected by altitude balloons, from
a research facility at Hyderabad, India, which went up to 41 kilometres --
twice as high as similar probes launched by NASA.

This took them above the tropopause, the boundary between the troposphere
(the lowest atmospheric level) and the stratosphere.

"There is now unambiguous evidence for the presence of clumps of living
cells in air samples from as high as 41km, well above the tropopause --
above which no air from lower down would normally be transported", said team
leader, Chandra Wickramasinghe, professor of astronomy and applied
mathmatics at Cardiff.

Another from the wiki link:

On November 26, 2000, it was reported by Chandra Wickramasinghe that the Indian Space Research Organization have recovered microorganisms from an altitude of 16 kilometers in the Earth's atmosphere, and that the microorganisms were "unlike any known on Earth".

There is the possiblity that life originated here on earth and it is spreading out into space, not the other way around. In short earth is shedding living cells which catch the solar winds and drift out to other worlds.

Highly unlikely - we have a thick atmosphere and relitively high gravity... just ask NASA how hard they have to work to get anything into space! The only possible way this could occur is if a very large object makes it through our atmosphere, which is a very rare event due to us having such a thick atmosphere. Not saying that some of our bacteria would not be ejected out into space during such an event, but if you take into account all the other evidence, its more lightly that it's the other way around...

From Wiki :

The Precambrian fossil record indicates that life appeared soon after the Earth was formed. This would imply that life appears in several hundred million years when conditions are favourable.

Which is basically saying that as soon as Earth became habitable, life appeared... which implies that it is out there already, and just waiting for somewhere habitable to colonize.

Personally, I think it's arrogant to think we are/our Earth is the only place life could come from/flourish, when we know so little about what is out there.

Having said all that, yes it could go both ways, but for the reasons I posted above, I think it's more of a 'one way flow'!

So far, as far as I know, there is no evidence of it having gone the other way. If you find any, please post a link

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I wonder if these bacteria are related to the things that swarmed around the tether and are seen in other shuttle footage?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by orthisguyoverhere
I wonder if these bacteria are related to the things that swarmed around the tether and are seen in other shuttle footage?

Probably - although most likely distant relations

Sorry - couldn't resist! Anyway, I have a strong feeling that all life in the universe is probably related.

The objects in the tether footage etc are way too large to be bacteria or ice crystals (as they'd have us believe). The reasons why have been discussed to death here on ATS, so be sure and do a search if you want more info on the subject.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
They hear the truth and know it not, they see the truth and turn away..
The name Roswell is so thoroughly saturated with media assertions of kooks and charlatans, that this deathbed confession will fall on deaf ears.
A MAJOR LANDING IS THE ONLY WAY SOMETHING THEY CAN NOT COVER UP SOMETHING THEY CAN NOT CONTROL OR HIDE..
Yesterday, we have all ready lost the battle for the truth...today we have lost the truth of Sept 11th. If we can IGNORE SEPT 11th in favour of ET disclosure..we deserve the Government that we get.
The whole country needs to push for OPEN HEARINGS on SEPT 11th and impeachement hearings for the President. NOTHING is MORE IMPORTANT.
Homeland Security
Patriot Act
TSA
IRAN & IRAQ & ISRAEL

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Source: roswellproof.homestead.com...

AFFIDAVIT:

2002 SEALED AFFIDAVIT OF WALTER G. HAUT

DATE: December 26, 2002
WITNESS: Chris Xxxxxx
NOTARY: Beverlee Morgan

(1) My name is Walter G. Haut

(2) I was born on June 2, 1922

(3) My address is 1405 W. 7th Street, Roswell, NM 88203

(4) I am retired.

(5) In July, 1947, I was stationed at the Roswell Army Air Base in Roswell, New Mexico, serving as the base Public Information Officer. I had spent the 4th of July weekend (Saturday, the 5th, and Sunday, the 6th) at my private residence about 10 miles north of the base, which was located south of town.

(6) I was aware that someone had reported the remains of a downed vehicle by midmorning after my return to duty at the base on Monday, July 7. I was aware that Major Jesse A. Marcel, head of intelligence, was sent by the base commander, Col. William Blanchard, to investigate.

(7) By late in the afternoon that same day, I would learn that additional civilian reports came in regarding a second site just north of Roswell. I would spend the better part of the day attending to my regular duties hearing little if anything more.

(8) On Tuesday morning, July 8, I would attend the regularly scheduled staff meeting at 7:30 a.m. Besides Blanchard, Marcel; CIC [Counterintelligence Corp] Capt. Sheridan Cavitt; Col. James I. Hopkins, the operations officer; Lt. Col. Ulysses S. Nero, the supply officer; and from Carswell AAF in Fort Worth, Texas, Blanchard's boss, Brig. Gen. Roger Ramey and his chief of staff, Col. Thomas J. Dubose were also in attendance. The main topic of discussion was reported by Marcel and Cavitt regarding an extensive debris field in Lincoln County approx. 75 miles NW of Roswell. A preliminary briefing was provided by Blanchard about the second site approx. 40 miles north of town. Samples of wreckage were passed around the table. It was unlike any material I had or have ever seen in my life. Pieces which resembled metal foil, paper thin yet extremely strong, and pieces with unusual markings along their length were handled from man to man, each voicing their opinion. No one was able to identify the crash debris.

(9) One of the main concerns discussed at the meeting was whether we should go public or not with the discovery. Gen. Ramey proposed a plan, which I believe originated from his bosses at the Pentagon. Attention needed to be diverted from the more important site north of town by acknowledging the other location. Too many civilians were already involved and the press already was informed. I was not completely informed how this would be accomplished.

(10) At approximately 9:30 a.m. Col. Blanchard phoned my office and dictated the press release of having in our possession a flying disc, coming from a ranch northwest of Roswell, and Marcel flying the material to higher headquarters. I was to deliver the news release to radio stations KGFL and KSWS, and newspapers the Daily Record and the Morning Dispatch.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
continued...

(11) By the time the news release hit the wire services, my office was inundated with phone calls from around the world. Messages stacked up on my desk, and rather than deal with the media concern, Col Blanchard suggested that I go home and "hide out."

(12) Before leaving the base, Col. Blanchard took me personally to Building 84 [AKA Hangar P-3], a B-29 hangar located on the east side of the tarmac. Upon first approaching the building, I observed that it was under heavy guard both outside and inside. Once inside, I was permitted from a safe distance to first observe the object just recovered north of town. It was approx. 12 to 15 feet in length, not quite as wide, about 6 feet high, and more of an egg shape. Lighting was poor, but its surface did appear metallic. No windows, portholes, wings, tail section, or landing gear were visible.

(13) Also from a distance, I was able to see a couple of bodies under a canvas tarpaulin. Only the heads extended beyond the covering, and I was not able to make out any features. The heads did appear larger than normal and the contour of the canvas suggested the size of a 10 year old child. At a later date in Blanchard's office, he would extend his arm about 4 feet above the floor to indicate the height.

(14) I was informed of a temporary morgue set up to accommodate the recovered bodies.

(15) I was informed that the wreckage was not "hot" (radioactive).

(16) Upon his return from Fort Worth, Major Marcel described to me taking pieces of the wreckage to Gen. Ramey's office and after returning from a map room, finding the remains of a weather balloon and radar kite substituted while he was out of the room. Marcel was very upset over this situation. We would not discuss it again.

(17) I would be allowed to make at least one visit to one of the recovery sites during the military cleanup. I would return to the base with some of the wreckage which I would display in my office.

(18) I was aware two separate teams would return to each site months later for periodic searches for any remaining evidence.

(19) I am convinced that what I personally observed was some type of craft and its crew from outer space.

(20) I have not been paid nor given anything of value to make this statement, and it is the truth to the best of my recollection.

Signed: Walter G. Haut
December 26, 2002

Signature witnessed by:
Chris Xxxxxxx

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
One thing that pissed me off about the article:

This wasn't just the world's first UFO sighting, this was the birth of a phenomenon, one that still exercises an extraordinary fascination.

We've been here for a very very very long time, I seriously doubt the "first UFO Sighting" took place in 1947. We have cave paintings (? cave drawings? y'know) of creatures that highly resemble what we know today as aliens, or UFOs, etc. Along with a bunch of art from the middle-ages, anyway...

If it truly was his deathbed confession, I believe it whole heartedly.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by not_fazed
Grover,

Well to the best of our knowledge oxygen is fairly common throughout the universe. I'm no more a chemist than I am a biologist but I would assume that if oxygen is present in an extra solar planet's atmosphere, the chances are that the inhabitants would evolve to breathe it. Even so, a humanoid doesn't necessarily have to breathe the same gases that we do.

actually its pretty rare
its a by product of fauna

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

As far as I am concerned, the biggest problem with the whole UFO/alien phenomena is the so-called aliens appearance. The odds that a separate life form from a distant planet, even one from this solar system, much less one from another star would evolve into a human like form is just too great.

That may be the case, but certain forms may be ideal for generic life functions (our bipedal form may be a natural fit for locomotion, for ex.), and if that's the case such forms would probably naturally emerge after hundreds-of-thousands of years of evolution. I've felt for some time that common greys (if they exist, of course) might be evolved humans from the future or a parallel universe. Cavemen had muscle, we've got less (cubicle life, I guess), and greys have next-to-none in the common description. Why would they need it? We have teeth, they don't. Why would they need teeth when they've got nutritionally-ideal synthetic shakes to sip? Also, hasn't the average brain size of humans increased over time? Greys seem to have large noggins, no? I really hope humankind never gets to the point where individuality is no longer valued (greys seem to lack individuality in the descriptions I've read -- think school uniforms taken to an exteme) and where the risks involved in natural reproduction are used as an argument for controlled, sexless reproduction (how much of our humanity we'd lose). I think that if greys exist, and if they are creating hybrid life, that perhaps they are trying to get back some shard of humanity (part of our emotional spectrum) they lost long ago.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

From Wiki :

The Precambrian fossil record indicates that life appeared soon after the Earth was formed. This would imply that life appears in several hundred million years when conditions are favourable.

Which is basically saying that as soon as Earth became habitable, life appeared... which implies that it is out there already, and just waiting for somewhere habitable to colonize.

since when was a billion years "soon after"
and thats just bacteria that wiki is talking about
multi celled life didn't appear for over 3 1/2 billion years after the formation of the earth

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Everything biologists know regarding life, basically comes from only one example. Us. Also in a different solar system, there are probably minerals that we don't know about and the such, along with organic elements. Thus leaving the discussion of "What does a life form need..." very limited to a single scale: Us.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I was trained as a biologist, I see no reason why this could not be the case with humanoid evolution.

the theory that life may have been seeded here on Earth, but came from elsewhere, and there are many scientists out there that consider it a possibility.

I think one need only look at the wide diversity of species here on Earth to realize that aliens could exist in a myriad of forms other than humanoid.

I also think it is possible that human life was seeded here.

[edit on 7/1/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by orthisguyoverhere

Probably - although most likely distant relations

Sorry - couldn't resist! Anyway, I have a strong feeling that all life in the universe is probably related.

The objects in the tether footage etc are way too large to be bacteria or ice crystals (as they'd have us believe). The reasons why have been discussed to death here on ATS, so be sure and do a search if you want more info on the subject.

Maybe they are a food source?

By the way, I have read all the other threads. Is the air a bit thin up on that high horse or do you not understand that I was trying to see if this subject could be related to the "creatures" mentioned in the tether threads?

[edit on 1-7-2007 by orthisguyoverhere]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
By the way 290 points does not a scholar make.......We'll talk when you've been here a bit longer.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
POINTS? Point's make a scholar...ha..the only currency of any value here is an idea..have you got one of any value or are you just a critic...smug in his POINT VALUE..I'd rather see a great idea or argument posted than some FLATULENT pedant lecturing a newbie on the value of his post...
IMHO

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
God, this is a really interesting thread with everybody at each others throats - amazing.

If I remember correctly, a couple of years ago, an American scientific university [not sure where] made a computer study of dinosaurs.

I believe they concentrated mainly on the Velociraptor as it was the most intelligent dinosaur of it's time. The Velociraptor had a massive head cavity which scientists believed contained a brain similar to our own!

Studies of the head cavity concluded that Velociraptor probably had a very keen sense of smell, binocular vision and acute hearing - something which all carnivor dinosaurs had.

Given that as a starting point, and using evolution as a built in factor determining physical development, scientists were able to advance the Velociraptor from the Late Cretaceous period through to the modern (1990s) age.

The results were startling to say the least and models suggested that if Velociraptor were around today, they look very much like the 'Greys' we associate with films like 'Close Encounters'.

I have tried but so far have failled to locate any of this research material or case studies relating to the Velociraptor.

If anybody knows where this research might have been carried out and by whome and any links to websites, I would be most grateful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join