It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa Apollo Moon - more anomolies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by M4K4V3LI
Um did anyone else notice on the bottom right "foot" of the lander the reflection of a humanoid and possibly his ship behind him??? zoom in....
its the leg closer to the space junk he pointed out?? I am going to find out how to post pics up here so you can see if you need help finding it....

Why don't you read the posts ?

Originally posted by Badge01
Here's the actual link to that.
www.hq.nasa.gov...

What do you make of the two things that look like photographs in the right foot of the lander. Zooming in the one on the right looks like it has the flesh-colored head of an unsuited person.

I see what you mean about the nozzle almost touching the ground after having looked at the original.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Now also to elaborate on thermal aspects of space missions and spacecraft, sometimes a more advanced method is used. Things such as heatpipes. Which are expensive, but not really ALL that advanced. Basically a tube filled with a condensing gas transports heat away or to a certain area thru the use of a condensing and vaporizing ation within the tube or pipe.

Also radiators are used this is more of an active thermal control system, whereas heatpipes and blankets are passive in nature. The ISS has radiators that can be deployed or retracted when needed to expel spare heat from the station into the cold of space.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I played with the colors a little bit and cropped. That is a little strange looking pic.
Look at the one on the left looks like the sun setting behind a pyramid.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by webstra

Originally posted by greatlakes
Kapton© tape

Please tell me all about it greatlakes......how do you know about this magic ducktape

I was talking about Kapton tape, but if you want to dumb down the thread fine, here's some ducttape information for ya
I can't believe you haven't heard about NASA and ductape, where've you been under a moonrock?

Originally posted by webstra
....why didn't i here NASA say that DUCKTAPE was a very important part of the whole APOLLO project ? Let me tell you this NASA...i am very disapointed.

www.octanecreative.com...

...and here you can even buy a piece of Kapton tape from this site, from the Apollo program. You will also find some pieces of velcro there as well....

www.collectspace.com...

Google is your friend (well for searching stuff that is...)

[edit on 7/1/2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Maybe they needed permission from that humanoid and he was just making sure thats all they took a picture of. LOL
it looks like a picture from an old men from space or something movie.? they probably used that when they ran out of tinfoil to cover it with.

oh thanks for that close up now if you really look at it on the left hand side (the humanoids right) you can see another face it looks faint but the features are there. it also looks like that "craft" is part of his head or maybe hes wearing a hat?
no but it really is interesting to look at.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by M4K4V3LI]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   

'The Duct Tape Guys'

What is your point ?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I sure as hell wouldn't want to have a radiation/thermal/impact protection that has been stabled to craft around me. And since tape is very effective and simple for something that will only be used once then it's pretty much the perfect solution.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I sure as hell wouldn't want to have a radiation/thermal/impact protection that has been stabled to craft around me. And since tape is very effective and simple for something that will only be used once then it's pretty much the perfect solution.

Thank you...i think i make my own lunar modul.....with duck-tape......from the guys......

[edit on 1-7-2007 by webstra]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I dont see where duct tape is an issue. Havent you see plastic in the oven before for cooking. As for the sticky melting im sure they had a solution for that, doesnt seem like something that cant be fixed.

However if they are actually using the duct tape out of the hardware store to me thats a different story. Ive seen that stuff get hot and it melts quick.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Yes you're right....and if something is wrong...just stick a duck tape on it....

it's only space.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I have said for years tyhe moon landings were faked and if these are the real photos then all the proofs there. The LM looks like its been knocked up by the Blue Peter team, duct tape, cellotape, panels that are only fixed evry foot or so etc. etc.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Oh am I missing something or is there some kind of magical way of attaching these sheetings that is better than tape?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
Also, what does hard vacuum have to do with the issue we're talking about?
I think you're confused. The vacuum of space is taken into account by the structure of the spacecraft, not by the thermal and micrometeoroid protection. Maybe thats where you are being led askew, thinking the blankets keep the internal atmosphere for the astronauts,and thus how does tape perform this function...? I dunno, I hope thats not what you're thinking. Again the structure of the craft provides the positive pressure and internal breathing atmosphere for the astronauts.
[edit on 7/1/2007 by greatlakes]

Has it not occurred to you that inconsistently applied micrometeorite shielding that has been fixed up with 'duct tape' has the potential to come loose? If the shielding were to fail the thin walls of the LM would be open to attack by abrasive micrometeorites. So yes this would be a problem in a hard vacuum.

...and here you can even buy a piece of Kapton tape from this site, from the Apollo program. You will also find some pieces of velcro there as well....

www.collectspace.com...

Google is your friend (well for searching stuff that is...)

You misrepresent the facts sir.

This tape is not from the LM, but the Command Module. And it was applied to the entire outer surface of the CM in a consistent manner.

The thermal control requirements for the spacecraft in outer space necessitates a relatively low thermal absorptance-to-emittance ratio of 0.4 for the surface of the CM. This low ratio is achieved with a pressure-sensitive Kapton polyimide tape that is coated with aluminum and oxidized silicon monoxide and that is applied over the entire external surface of the ablator.

ntrs.nasa.gov...

So no, I have not seen any evidence to suggest that in real space applications duct tape is used to hold micrometeorite garments on craft as though they are bubble wrapped. Nor do I think I will ever find any, because as I stated earlier the notion is absurd. Not only does it make it nearly impossible to keep the center of mass where you want it, it also provides an inconsistent approach to protection against micrometeorites.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Oh am I missing something or is there some kind of magical way of attaching these sheetings that is better than tape?

How do you think tape works? Its an adhesive on a strip of plastic. You have some material you want to apply to a craft. You simply take the adhesive and put it on one side of the material. Then you apply the material to the craft.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Speaking of nice LEM tape jobs (from a German site):

Since I my German is pretty rusty, I can only offer the link and that this is supposedly Apollo 17.:

www.gernot-geise.de...

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
I played with the colors a little bit and cropped. That is a little strange looking pic.

But what do you think about the whole thing? Why are there apparent photographic snapshots leaning up towards the camera, resting in the pan of the lander leg?

Since it's blurry and not large, I suppose it could be something else, but I don't see how. Humans are pretty good in recognizing flesh tones and that one on the left definitely looks like a face.

On the other hand, if it's just a reflective surface, why is there a person without a spacesuit on the Moon just off camera?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
spot the differences.

What a joke........

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
In both pictures....it looks like they didn't had the decency -to play- where the camera should be, in front of their belly....

And in the second picture...it looks like it was casual friday...so no space-suit......

[edit on 1-7-2007 by webstra]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I dont see what you are talking about.
Just like you said they are two different pictures. Besides its a shadow you cant be sure whats what.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Here's the actual link to that.
www.hq.nasa.gov...

What do you make of the two things that look like photographs in the right foot of the lander. Zooming in the one on the right looks like it has the flesh-colored head of an unsuited person.

I see what you mean about the nozzle almost touching the ground after having looked at the original.

I was zooming in and checking out the lander and I was looking at the "right" lander pad. On this pad there are a few pieces of reflective foil (silver) that are facing back at the photographer. There are reflections of objects in the foil but I cannot tell what it is. Can anybody zoom in and use photoshop (or another program) to clear up the fuzziness. I think there may be something there but I only have the basic Microsoft picture viewer. One of the reflections looks like a face in it but it is just my mind playing tricks on me. Link to photo above. Thanks in advance.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join