It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people losing interest in ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I can only speak for myself. In the last 48hrs I have learned about the struggle of Natives in Canada by real people effected, I have ask about and found information on beer around the world, gained some new resources, gained new friends and past alot of time to boot! I think this is a busy place for me!

[edit on 30-6-2007 by ConstantlyWondering]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Slowdown!!! What slowdown? I've watched a lot of pages flowing faster than the Arkansas River in a flood. During the False Flag deal, I would go to the bathroom and get another beer, and come back to find I was three pages down in reading.

If anything, we're all catching our breath and waiting for the next thing that breaks.

I have my pretzels, a cold brew, and my scrolling mouse. I'm ready.

I'm already preparing a thread that it was shapeshifting reptiles that flew the planes on 9/11, and that the ghost of Elvis told me to get ready because they are going to take over the world by ousting the NWO, which are a bunch of misunderstood good guys descended from the Illuminatti who have been protecting the world for hundreds of years, with the help of the Nordic Visitors. Oh, and the reports of Bigfoot are because these lovable critters are pets of the Nordics that are let out to potty in the woods on a regular basis.

"Git-ter done!!!"

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm going to say YES. When i first joined I was hear multiple times a day..now its been a few weeks since I have posted....I dont know why there seems to be a lack of threads intriguing enough for me to start a discussion in. So now I just check in every one in a while

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This website is probably the one I spend most time on, i've learnt about so many incidents and events that I never would have heard of elsewhere, so no, I don't think i'll ever lose interest, it's fascinating. Big thanks to all who make it so!

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I'm asking for a raise.

Right, I know mods don't get paid for their work here. I distinctly remember seeing a fuss a few years ago about the fact mods don't get paid while less popular forums pay their mods.

Unless things have changed since I used to visit.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
stopthenwonow, you are right about the payment. They really do the job for the monthly chicken and goat sacrifice, followed by a BBQ.

And the Mod who has passed out the most warnings gets a free tattoo of SO's choice, and Springer decides the location of it.

You don't honestly think they do all this work because they're nice people do you?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Sometimes in the summer chat forums and boards have a downswing in traffic. I noticed this on two other boards that I used to post on. Folks are outside enjoying the summertime.

If you notice something moving slowly, it could be because of that.
Folks are outside having a picnic or a swim in the pool instead of being
inside chatting on the computer.

I am wondering what that says about those who are frequenting ATS, while all yall are havin fun in the Chemtrails filled radiation inducing skies and sunshine? - BURN TIME, roll over!

As for the 'something moving slowly', I hope we can now look forward to some major UFO sightings, especially if every one is outdoor enjoying the polluted air and receiveing the EMF waves from their freindly local Comms. towers.

[edit on 30/6/2007 by deaman88]

[edit on 30/6/2007 by deaman88]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm asking for a raise.

Smart move...Not likely to actually happen, but you won't know if you don't try.

But I agree that ATS is busier than ever. But I've also noticed that a lot of "old timers" seem to have lost interest...or at least, lost track of how (in)active they've been here. I've been registered at ATS since before the last half of 2002 and, Lord knows, I haven't always been active. There's been periods up to a year or so that I haven't posted at all.

I find that it's easier to flag a few threads of interest & check on them once in a while...Also, I check on the hottest & most recent threads lists. If I see those threads going a bit slow, that's when I start scanning through the main forum page for a new topic to look at. I usually wind up having to clear out some threads from my Favorites list about each week or two because the list gets soooo looooong.

What I've been seeing with ATS is growth...In Members, participation & breaking news from around the world. Also, as ATS got noticed by more & more people, I've seen growth in number of jerks trying to pull fast shenannigans too...One of those "unavoidable evils" in the forums biz, unfortunatley. I've seen ATS grow up from, literally, infancy to near-Godzilla in size. In effect, I've seen Simon Gray give birth to a monster!

Ummm...Not precisely, since Simon still beat me at signing up here by about three months...However, I must have been at least sitting in the waiting room outside of the delivery room. I feel sort of like the "uncle that comes over to visit a lot."

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The old ATS forums were alot nicer.

The new forums suck.

Harder to find topics. Harder to browse the forums. Harder to read with the horrible color layouts. TOO MANY FORUMS. The list goes on.

And the accumulated trolling of the board's die hard members have turned ALOT of people away.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImplementOfWar
And the accumulated trolling of the board's die hard members have turned ALOT of people away.

This is how Korea intends to handle the problem:

Chat room bullies face end to their internet anonymity

Cyber-bullies who plague internet chat rooms with obscene and insulting comments will be banned under the first national scheme to strip them of their anonymity.

People going online will be forced to provide their real names and social security numbers under a new law that makes internet portals responsible for policing message boards and weblogs.

The law has been introduced in South Korea, and is certain to be closely monitored by other countries where there is concern over online abuse.

More...

Nothing like over-reaching...

Fortunately, ATS for the most part does a good of keeping the bad stuff to a minimum. Sure it exists here, but it's a lot worse elsewhere...

Rather than let the trolls drive you away, you could always push this:

The upside is that there's a lot of great stuff here to read!

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I only lost interest in ATS because some members do not use the search engine.

I mean, you tend to see numerous repeated subjects (even though threads are already in place).

Plus, what happened to the investigation side of things? members use to work together and look at a possible conspiracy. Now, most just jump to a conspiracy without researching into anything.

When I first joined (many years ago), I got the best advice

not everything is a conspiracy

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The only thing particularly that I have noticed is that some of the really interesting threads seem to get shut down and members banned before they should be banned.

The trolls do seem to have gained power and maybe even favor from some of the mods.

The member by the name TheFetch was banned when he was bringing some of the most unique information I have seen around here for awhile.

Certain people seem to protect certain information from being discussed. I don't like that.

I still enjoy the site immensely and can access ideas and information that intrique and aren't available everywhere. The members here are intellegent and entertaining. I am glad to be part of ATS, but I do hope that it still it is able to remain free from outside control for the duration of it's existance.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by interestedalways]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
The only thing particularly that I have noticed is that some of the really interesting threads seem to get shut down and members banned before they should be banned.

One thing I'm extremely confident about - the only thing that will get you banned is violating the T&Cs.

When I first joined, there were a couple of bannings that troubled me. I sent one of those complaint thingies about it and got a response from Majic who was a councilor and not a mod at the time. We had a u2u conversation that completely put my concerns to rest, mainly because they were straightforwardly addressed.

If someone's been banned, they no doubt have been given ample opportunity to address their situation and were belligerent about it. And even after being banned, there's still possibility for redemption, but not if the behavior isn't modified.

There's still a couple of banned members I'd like to see back, but the ball's in their court, I'm sure.

I'd bet anything I have (which isn't much) that no one's been banned for the information they're relaying.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Originally posted by interestedalways

If someone's been banned, they no doubt have been given ample opportunity to address their situation and were belligerent about it. And even after being banned, there's still possibility for redemption, but not if the behavior isn't modified.

I have noticed on a couple of occassions that the member will be warned about things like excessive quoting or something like that and they will continue the behavior while saying they are being treated unfairly.

There are usually more things going on than meets the eye.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
...what happened to the investigation side of things? members use to work together and look at a possible conspiracy...

I do wish that were more embraced by the membership.

It still happens here, but you have to search a bit longer for it.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by loam]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I do wish that were more embraced by the membership.

It still happens here, but you have to search a bit longer for it.

hmm...

maybe we should perform a coup d'etat on ATS?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I agree with ImpliedChaos with his post:

"I'm going to say YES. When i first joined I was hear multiple times a day..now its been a few weeks since I have posted....I dont know why there seems to be a lack of threads intriguing enough for me to start a discussion in. So now I just check in every one in a while"

I feel the same way.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It is not easy when you get banned because someone takes offense and report you for getting deeper into the problem...

for example:

the thread topic is 'problematic chicken'... you then go to the root of the problem: 'an egg'...

someone gets offended because you mentioned the root of the problem (the egg) because he/she HAVE AN OPINION that the egg is not the problem and this person reports you to the mods for derailing the thread off topic...

you then get post ban because you did not obey the rules...

there are more interesting forums on the net (I will not name any because I could get banned) where you can even use hard-core words like 'darn' (this is sarcasm of course, I will not use any hard-core words because I could get banned, again
) and similar...

and it is perfectly normal to swear there...

this forum have too strict rules and it shows with fall off in interest...

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by untilted
there are more interesting forums on the net (I will not name any because I could get banned) where you can even use hard-core words like 'darn' (this is sarcasm of course, I will not use any hard-core words because I could get banned, again
) and similar...

If it's "perfectly normal to swear there" then that's where the swearing goes. If you feel the need by all means swear there. That is not what ATS is about and it's something that EVERYONE agrees to to post here. It's that simple.

I have no problem with this and in RL I swear worse than a sailor.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by untilted
) and similar...

And that contributes to discussion, how?

Personally, the absence of profanity is the reason I enjoy this board most.

EDIT:

Originally posted by intrepid
...in RL I swear worse than a sailor.

Me too.

But it still contributes little...other than my passion for any given issue or point.

Like I said, I'm glad that is not allowed here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join