It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomalies On Triton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
After viewing some of the Moon threads i started thinking more on the Lunar anomalies and looking at some of the images i coulp find. During my research, i have come accross one of Neptunes Moons , Triton..
Here is a very good image, and perhaps i am seeing something where there is nothing, so i thought i would post it and see if any of our Lunary experts can see if i am looking at nothing.. Or not??

img526.imageshack.us...

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Fowl Play]

`````````````````````````
URLed image - stretching page

Please read Image Size Guidelines

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 29/6/07 by masqua]

[edit on 29/6/07 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
OK, what exactly do you see there? I see nothing anomalous, except that Triton is pretty darn strange and wonderful place.

Also, you need to provide the link to the original image for full disclosure. (or did I miss it?)

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Do you mean the big smudge running slightly diagonally down across the image? While it does look like dodgy Photoshop work, it may be because the original image was made up of different shots. NASA does that when they think it will look pretty.

Other than that, I know of no non-normal anomalies (sorry, I mean I see nothing anomalous). Still looking though.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
He may be referring to the nearly perfect dark square near the edge at the three o'clock position. Interesting, but an object on a spherical surface viewed from almost 90 degrees around that sphere is only going to look square if it isn't. Also, there are hints of uneven color inside it so my best guess is it's an imaging artifact.

jra

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I don't see anything odd either. This image consists of a number shots put together. They do things like this a lot, and generally for the many Moons orbiting gas giants. Only one probe has ever flown past Neptune and that's Voyager 2, back in 1989. They would not have been able to get close-ups of Triton from every angle, since it only flew past once. Similarly, Cassini which is orbiting Saturn right now, can't get close-up shots of Titian and the other Moons all the time, from every angle, so you'll see images of Titian that look like a mosaic of different images consisting of different resolutions patched together. When ever Cassini passes by Titian, it's at a different distance, this is why some images will be more detailed then others.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The pic is very beautiful. Never seen before.
But I think its one of those cases where you need to circle the things you are seeing. I must add that there are some very strange looking moons floating around.
Iapetus(saturn)
Enceladus(saturn)
Hyperion(saturn)
Various(jupiter)

Especially, see Europa in the last image.

[edit on 29/6/2007 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
That I must say, is a cool pic. But as far as I can see it is hard to judge the landscape , I must say.

My favorite ( for off earth proof of life) is this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

I no it is not photo shopped because you can go to the NASA site and check it OUT.

One thing that is for sure, is that, wee sure do have a bunch of moons in this here solar system that are planet "like".

Ruff

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hey Rocksolidbrain...

Nice but please could you list the photos above 1, 2, 3, 4, etc and which moons they relate to ?

I liked the first of a cratered moon which looks like a little walnut shell. Which moon is that ?

Photo number 3 looked very interesting and as if it was previously impacted quite heavily.

What is the suggestion from the OP about Titan ?
I don't understand the question or even if there is one. the OP is hopelessly vague. Help us out here.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Its Triton btw, and im not being vague, i am just no expert at picking out Lunar anomalies, but as i was viewing this pic, i noticed several features that i thought potential of intelligent design.. I believe , in posting , some of our classy experts can tell me if im wasting my time, or if there is infact anomalies present..
Not that vague really??

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Hey Rocksolidbrain...

Nice but please could you list the photos above 1, 2, 3, 4, etc and which moons they relate to ?

Ok, I've edited the post and labeled them.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
very cool pictures but to me every thing is strange in those pictures. I don't see any faces though.

top topics

join