It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive car bomb in London? Just saw on FOX news

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Spain's tele5 saying that the bomb is the type that has been seen used in Iraq.

there`s no doubt that this was a bomb and that it would have caused considerable damage, but I doubt again it was Al Qaeda backed.

Probable some British Asian extremist wannabes with some connections in the middle east or some knowledge of the devices used in the middle east.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by nescafe8572]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
or its the public and media panicking thinking every thing is a bomb, if it is a bomb then it is but like people say it is to early to say.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
so based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever you already blame muslims for it! there are many people who could have carried it out and as i mentioned before - the last time nail bombs were used in london was by a white male rascist and he did his attacks to cause maximum damage to people - something lacking in this case at 2am in an empty area of london.

i don't know who carried this out and neither do you so if it turns out not to be muslims can we expect a public apology to them on ats from you?

That's exactly what they want everyone to believe. They've been drilling the public with this for years now. I wouldn't get too upset over someone making an assumption when that's apparently the media's agenda.

Just look at the article just posted:

Al-Qaeda link to central London car bomb

POLICE have linked an attempted terrorist attack in central London yesterday to al-Qaeda and were frantically searching central London for more bombs after a car bomb was found and defused near Piccadilly Circus.

Yet while police sources told the BBC the device contained an "international element", Scotland Yard's head of counter-terrorism, Peter Clarke, said it was too early to say who was responsible...

...John O'Connor, former commander of Scotland Yard's Flying Squad, told the BBC the incident had the "hallmarks" of a failed suicide bomb attempt, while there were widespread comparisons to the style of attacks launched by al-Qaeda members in Iraq.

No link whatsoever, other than appearance. Yet, the article's headline says it all.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
well Gordo Browns statement earlier seemed to indicate this was terrorism.

So far though this is looking like V for Vendetta without any bomb actually going off.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by kickoutthejams]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ste2652

Why would ETA want to attack London?

[edit on 29/6/07 by Ste2652]

I never said ETA would attack London, altough there is the Spanish Embassy.Spain is full of targets that are easier for them.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
SKY reporting the nugov is going to review the involvement of the military in terrorism issues. Although that could mean a lot of things depending on your cyncism levels.

and New Anti-Terror laws...

Doesn't sound good though. Sounds like a pretext!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Its all very simular toDhiren Barot's plans

He wanted to pack limos with gas cylinders etc.

Maybe the reason there was no increase in 'chatter' is because all the ground work has been done already by a cell he was working with.

I hope this is a one off - but my gut feeling is that if there are not a number of arrests / devolopments soon it may be the start of a campaign.

As for suggestions this is amature, i'm on the fence on that one, on one hand the device failed. But on the other hand it would be a smart move to use gas cylinders cos of their avaibility and innocient uses. This isn't Iraq/Iran, its a bit more difficult to just pick up high explosives from your one stop bomb shop - easier to go B&Q on sunday afternoon.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Its all very simular toDhiren Barot's plans
This isn't Iraq/Iran, its a bit more difficult to just pick up high explosives from your one stop bomb shop - easier to go B&Q on sunday afternoon.

Just dont go to B&Q on a tuesday when they do their OAP 10% discount.
Its full of muppets

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
So far though this is looking like V for Vendetta without any bomb actually going off.

Speaking of V for Vendetta, I was watching Sky News this morning showing footage of the police/ PM/ General Government/ Newsreaders speak of the events and I noticed the word 'vigilance' was used atleast 2-3 times during each of the sessions.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
yes but these guys whoever they are seem to worse than the follow up attack that went wrong after 7/7. THose guys detonated their backups and got blown up in the air a few inches but nothing much else. These guys don't even appear to reached their detonation zone as most experts are saying it wasn't at all likely to be where the car was found.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

These guys don't even appear to reached their detonation zone as most experts are saying it wasn't at all likely to be where the car was found.

That time in the morning I would of thought that was the only real target in that area - highly doubt the plan was to leave the car else where and set a time for the morning, that would of looked very sus round there.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
yeah I personally would have gone with the suicide bomber goes chicken and does a runner but just saying the schnews folk on TV, the experts are saying no he was definitely on his way to somewhere...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
sky news:

officer risked life by removing the mobile phone trigger

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Mobile phone trigger eh?

Not a sucide bomber then - or just a back up?

Funny thought (for a not so funny subject) what if they forgot to put petrol in the tank after filling up the jerry cans on the back seat?

Mind you, second hand car - could of had a mechanical fault or something.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
well the officer WAS a highly trained member of bomb disposal team. No point coming to work and saying 'I'm not doing THAT'

Don't let you swooning patriotism get the better of you Infinite, that's a cross post isn't it?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
BBC report on the attempted car bomb, better than FOX News :p

The thing that has confused me about this is that none of the intelligence community were aware of a plan for this (rather crude) device (It was 60 litres of petrol, a few gas cylinders and a load of nails inside a Mercedes).

Of course the media will scream Al-Qaeda! But I'm not so sure. The fact that no one was aware of this suggests to me a loner (or a few people), maybe with an Islamic fundamentalist agenda, but a person (or group) who was not acting within the 'Jihadist base groups'. Of course there are always a few who slip through the net...

[edit on 29/6/07 by Chupa101]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

well the officer WAS a highly trained member of bomb disposal team. No point coming to work and saying 'I'm not doing THAT'

Don't let you swooning patriotism get the better of you Infinite, that's a cross post isn't it?

really?

ashame he wasn't a highly trained member of the bomb disposal team.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Fox just that the two cars are connected they founf petro and stuff in the other vehicle.

Giving credit to the police that removed detonator in first car.

Were to be set off my mobile phone

[edit on 29-6-2007 by observe50]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Earlier reports said bouncers from a nearby nightclub saw the car being driven erratically before it crashed into a bin. They claimed the driver then got out and ran off.

How about this? Fumes from the petrol? Nerves? Never passed a driving test in this country
? Bottle of whiskey as dutch courage!

I was expecting another car to be found in all honesty - and in an underground as well, just like Barot's plans. How more I wonder?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
uk.news.yahoo.com...

nore stuff?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join