It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist - The Movie

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I strongly recommend that everyone who views "Zeitgeist" visit this web site for a thorough rebuttal to all of the movie's major claims:

www.preventingtruthdecay.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtbchris
I strongly recommend that everyone who views "Zeitgeist" visit this web site for a thorough rebuttal to all of the movie's major claims:

www.preventingtruthdecay.org...

that only disputes part one, not all of the movie's major claims...religion is always up for debate....lol. So, the movie took most of it's foundation of argument from this single book... without crediting it? Thats pretty sucky. Ironically enough, a friend of mine blogged about the exact same argument (on Horus, etc) a few days before I viewed the film. I thought it was weird that they sounded the same (friend and movie)..the theory isnt that new I suppose. I'm sure others brought up the same idea before the book was published or written.

thats not the part of the movie that interests me though. It's whats after that started my interest into whats going on lately (and lead me to this forum!)

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Chiiru]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Chiiru,

You are absolutely correct. That site only addresses Part I of Zeitgeist. I apologize for not being more specific in my prior post.

Kindest regards,

rtbchris

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Just to let everyone know, you can purchase a DVD of the movie through the website. Click on downloads, in the center towards the bottom is a link to purchase the DVD. You have to have a paypal account since that is the only payment option available but they are only $7 per copy in the US.

BTW, Excellent movie.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Yes, a must see, I'm watching it again right now. BUMP!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I would just like to add to this thread that Part 4 "The Revolution is now" is coming out in October 2008.

Part 4 trailer: Here

If you have not watched this and are a new member I highly recommend watching this documentary....Highly speculative, but definately thinking way outside the box. An eye opener that will keep you watching, even if you do not agree with the religion part the other parts should keep you interested.

-Kdial1

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Excellent documentary. Hits the nail right on the head. I know its aimed at you Americans but I think that's a good thing, your people need to see this. They should show it in schools everywhere, its not fair that children are being indoctrinated with Judaeo-Christian beliefs of self insignificance and unable to make informed, balanced decisions on life.
reply to post by Chupa101

Im sorry this is as far as I got with the posts before I just had to respond. The matter of the fact is- they are doing the exact opposite (not only in America, but in Canada and possibly other countries around the world too[most probably Britain as well]). One of my close friends came to me appauled by what her little brother has been learning in school.. that 19 terrorists highjacked a plane(oh wait a sec, i thought 6 of them are still alive to this day) etc etc, im sure we all know the bull# story. Just goes to prove the statement "corrupt education".
The one thing that this documentary has taught me is to NEVER take something as true at first glance- even in movies like this. There are some questionable claims like the RFID chips, one world government(although the evidence points towards it) and a few others I cannot recall at this moment. Do your research and find out for yourself what is true.
This is the most amazing video I have ever seen, mainly because I myself was totally, 100% fooled by the government. I was in about grade 8 or so when 9/11 happened, so my intellect of the world around me was just developing, and I was yet to learn that things are not always what they seem. Its one thing to hear that the government has been lieing to us for the past 100+ years, but to actually have it happen to you, and to be totally fooled, is a major kick in the ass.
Well im sure you all dont want to read pages of my philosophy, just had to throw that out there. If you have children make sure to educate them about this sort of thing. As the saying goes, our children are the future, and unless we have an educated society, these people will continue to do what they have been doing for hundreds of years.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Great video... thanks. I was kind of hoping it would tie it all back to Jesus being a lie... like who was behind that?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Goodmorning to all of you forum-dwelling conspiracy theory lovers,

For starters I'd like to say that the presently discussed move, Zeitgeist, is, in my opinion, a work of (contemporary) art. Not that I think very highly of the quality, argumentation or even the so called 'message', on the contrary: I think all three areas need a lot of work still.
I call this movie a work of art because the creator obviously put a lot of time and effort into explaining and visualising his opinion of the current state of events that (apparently) all you Americans (if not all of the world) find (y)ourselves in. And when a expression of creativity, even one as controversial and dare i say ' inspirational' as Zeitgeist, has this much thought, research and energy put into it, it becomes art and should therefore be respected.
But no more than that. It is the nature of Art to ' hold up a mirror to reality', an expression of the artist's personal emotions and (in this case) beliefs. It is an interpertation of fact and thus flawed.
Zeitgeist shouldn't be considered to be a new Bible of sorts, or even that much of an eye-opener. The film doesn't present a new idea or a previously unknown fact of life. It isn't the truth. The situation of the masses being controlled by an elite as described by Zeitgeist isn't bad, wrong or inhumane. Since the dawn of time dominant groups have ruled over and abused the passive and dosile lower class(es), and however hurtfull and opressive that may sound: a lot of good has come of it.
Sure we have war, femine, disease, random violence, teenage pregnancy, religious extremes and the like. But we, in the West, also have every kind of luxury and entertainment you could possibly dream off! As said in the movie these luxuries and entertainments only serve as distractions to keep the general population from over-educating themselves and try to claim their (rightfull) claims off freedom.
But who would want 6 billion people to have an equal say in every aspect of life? I wouldnt, and I'm pretty sure most of the world's population doesn't either. The ancient Greeks almost accomplished it in Athene, just before the city got whiped off the face of the earth.

The point to all my jibberish is that I belive freedom of speech, religion, education and all other forms of it, is overated. Wherever's there's a human (King or beggar) involved you'll be lied to and fooled into things you dont really need or want to do and you'll be ruled over. Now that IS a fact. The trick is to control the meassure in which it affects your own personal ' world'. If you dont take these so-called leaders seriously, they have no say over you, whatever fear or anger of their words and actions you may harbor. People have lived liked this for generations and apparently, as you're alive to read this bull, the system works just fine for pretty much everyone. For those of you who just cant possibly live in a society that's constantly controlled I have one thing to say: If you cant take the heat, get out of the nuclear reactor. Dont try to bring down a system that makes it possible for millions to live pleasantly, relatively care free and (somewhat) happy, you sick egocentric #s.

With this I take my leave, may you find wisdom, peace and love and may you fail utterly in trying to spread you're so-called 'awareness'.

-SomeKindOfSuperHero

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Is it possible that the Zeitgeist webpage is just set up by the government to track potential "terrorists?"

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Doesn't "Zeitgeist 2, Addendum" come out today? (today is October 3rd for all of you reading this at a later date) If so, I can't find it online and would be very appreciative if someone would post a link to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join