It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist - The Movie

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I watched the movie with great interest as well. I found it very interesting and thought provoking. I visited the web site and was very impress by the list of sources it had ready for the skeptics.

www.zeitgeistmovie.com...

Also clarifications.

www.zeitgeistmovie.com...

I will be sharing this with my family and friends as well, not all will want to see it.

[edit on 10/7/07 by Rhain]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
thanks for sharing...

i liked it...

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
This was an excellent post. Thank you. Im gonna burn this on some DVD's and pass it around I think.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taskism
This was an excellent post. Thank you. Im gonna burn this on some DVD's and pass it around I think.

Thank You and You are most Welcome.

And I did exactly the same thing - burn the movie and pass it around!

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Too bad they don't go more in to detail about how the biblical account of creation is just an astrological, and astronomical reference to the movement of the earth and the stars visible from earth.

With that said, I could not figure out how Revelation referers to objects in space and their movements? You know, just for consistency. Any one know?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Excellent documentary. Hits the nail right on the head. I know its aimed at you Americans
but I think that's a good thing, your people need to see this. They should show it in schools everywhere, its not fair that children are being indoctrinated with Judaeo-Christian beliefs of self insignificance and unable to make informed, balanced decisions on life.

The USA was built on a good ideal, but that has been corrupted my men who desire nothing more than money and power. The same sort of people who control us here in the UK. I wouldn't be at all surprised if 7/7, the Glasgow bomb and the attempted London Bombings were all inside jobs.

These people still don't control the whole internet, lets use that against them, spread this video. Its time for people to take the power back.

The age of Aquarius is upon us.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Like most everyone here, I've seen lots of these kinds of videos. I've been exposed to the concepts in this film many times. Still, I found this particular movie the most compelling --- and disturbing --- documentary I have seen. It is a must see.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Lies and fabrications based on tripe and crap. But hey if it floats your boat go for it. But lets not pretend that Jesus was born on Dec 25th, cause we all, (with brans) know this is NOT the Fact.

If you don't believe me get a little tme called the greatest Documents of Western Civilization, available from Barnes and noble and see what Constatine wrote about dec 25th and Jesus and his reasons for that date.

Then when your Educated in teh facts come and respondd. And by the way that is just one of the litany of falsities given in this tripe of a Crockumentary...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Lies and fabrications based on tripe and crap. But hey if it floats your boat go for it. But lets not pretend that Jesus was born on Dec 25th, cause we all, (with brans) know this is NOT the Fact.

If you don't believe me get a little tme called the greatest Documents of Western Civilization, available from Barnes and noble and see what Constatine wrote about dec 25th and Jesus and his reasons for that date.

Then when your Educated in teh facts come and respondd. And by the way that is just one of the litany of falsities given in this tripe of a Crockumentary...

Did you even watch the video?

It doesn't say "Christ Was Born on Dec. 25th" it says that "The Bible states 'christ was born on Dec. 25th"... which is not TRITE... it is factual information about the christian religion.

if your going to call it trite and crappy the least you could do is talk about the one section of the video not based off of historical analytical evidence.

hell it's 1/3rd of the movie... pretty obvious if you had watched it.

Coven out

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven
It doesn't say "Christ Was Born on Dec. 25th" it says that "The Bible states 'christ was born on Dec. 25th"... which is not TRITE... it is factual information about the christian religion.

Nowhere does the Bible say that Jesus was born on December 25th. The Bible doesn't point to any date. Circumstances and descriptions in the Bible suggest he was born in the Spring (likely April). But no date is ever given.

And THAT is the point. Christmas, Easter, etc. were all layered-on to the doctrines of Christianity well after the fact. Is it mere coincidence that the two major Christian holidays just happen to fall on the two solstices? People don't like information that challnges their belief system. Case in point here.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I think that your inability to spell supports the films hypothesis that the American government are denying proper education to US citizens to keep them subordinate.

Also if you had bothered to watch the video before commenting, you would see that it actually states that it is the Christian belief that Jesus was born on the 25th of December, which is a direct reference to the Annual Solar cycle in the Northern Hemisphere.

Also there has never been a document from the era that states the name 'Jesus'. Only a reference to 'Christ' which means the 'Anointed One'.

Please apply all the information within the Thread before commenting on it.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I just watched part one. Total crappola. Check out the sources on the website. I mean "really check them out". That probably speaks to the credibility of the Producer. They could at least use sources not considered radicals by their own peers. Why is only one side presented without rebuttal? Why are wild theories presented as if they are proved facts?

If you are interested in more info about part one here is a link to a thread that is relevant. If you want to make an informed decision, read the whole thread and check out all the provided links. You will find the Producer did not even get the Horus story correct. Link to thread.

Who is the producer? Why no credits? Why do they use a method of contact that requires lowering my firewall permissions and leaving protected mode? Phishing expedition perhaps? Does the Producer get any financial consideration for the links on the sources page? Part of the profits from the sale of books perhaps? Is the Producer a level headed researcher or a radical extremist?

FYI - Only a non-Christian or someone who is pretending to be Christian and never read or studied their own faith would think December 25th is the birth-date of Jesus. The Producer forgot to do any research and I'm betting the whole film is a compilation of someones poorly researched ideas based on personal bias. I have not set foot in a church in over 20 years but that does not mean I appreciate lies and spin in what is supposed to be a non-fiction movie.

[edit on 7/18/2007 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chupa101

The age of Aquarius is upon us.

Don't read anything into this other than I find this interesting. You don't believe in Religion but you believe in Astrology? Or was that just a reference to a famous play?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven

Did you even watch the video?

One I watchd it and two the Bible does not say he was born on December 25th, and if you think it does I am sure you wouldn't mind showing me. See my bible says he was born in Late September, probably the 29th. But I am waiting anciously for your evience. If not it means your just parroting what you heard, which is the LIES I pointed out..

Point Set and Match...

EDIT - The Bible story of Christ's birth is in the Book of Luke the first 2 chapters... In case you needed a pointer...

[edit on 7/18/2007 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well Blaine91555, define Religion. I don't hold much for the Abrahamic faiths, mainly because the suffering the institutions have caused and are still causing. I guess I'm more into Taoism.

There are people who believe in God, be it Jewish, Muslim or Christian, who are good people. It would be wrong of anyone to say otherwise - moderates who see a God beyond the religious texts.

As for astrology, I don't really see the mystical side to it, I see it more as an ancient science, measuring time, seasonal transition and Solar activity. I do think that it is driving a self-fulfilling prophecy, the transition from one age to another seems to run parallel with changes in society. The age of Aquarius will no doubt hold another major transition of us, I think it will be a Type 1 Global Civilisation. Whether that society is controlled by a small elite - ruling us all with fear, or a Democratic, freedom driven one-world government is down to us.

[edit on 18/7/07 by Chupa101]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Obligatory mention of debunking thread (decide for yourself if it was, in fact, a debunking, I think the debunkers succeeded here.)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

One I watchd it and two the Bible does not say he was born on December 25th, and if you think it does I am sure you wouldn't mind showing me. See my bible says he was born in Late September, probably the 29th. But I am waiting anciously for your evience. If not it means your just parroting what you heard, which is the LIES I pointed out..

Point Set and Match...
[edit on 7/18/2007 by theindependentjournal]

Really? Can you give me chapter and verse where the Bible says Jesus was borin in September???

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Probably what he or she was referring to was that the study notes in his/her Bible claimed September as the date, but the fact of the matter is that NO day and/or month is given in the Bible for Jesus' birthdate, but December 25 is highly unlikely, as shepherds would most likely not be grazing their flocks outdoors at night during the winter.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
uberarcanist, that Thread doesn't even come close to debunking this film. Its full of Christian defensiveness of their 'Son of God'. A lot of the actions of Jesus can be seen in other figures that pre-date him by Hundreds if not Thousands of years, that's a well known fact. Miracle performing Demigod's are riddled throughout Ancient culture.

Hell amenti even says that the Catholic Church has: "very little to do with true Christianity".
Now, to every non-Christian on the planet that's laughable after what they have done in the name of their 'Christ'. Whatever people say is 'true' Christianity is insignificant; it has been made into what it is by the Catholic church. They hand-picked texts and constructed the Bible!

This film raises a lot of questions about Society and the people who run it. It has a lot of truths, about the Federal Reserve and the men who profit from war. It also brings into question events on 9/11. Just how did WTC building 7 collapse? The world needs answers. The truth is out there, even if it is ugly.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I can give you the date if you can follow clues, but it only proves my point that the movie is a lie when it says he was born on Dec 25th or that the bibe says that...

Now to get christs Birth date you have to follow the clues, the reason I think this is is because Jesus said "DO NOT CELBREATE MY BIRTH". Which of course they say they are doing, what he said not to do...

So here we go follow along if you can please... This will take a knowledge of Jewish Rites and Rituals and feasts so you know..

Luke one says that John the Baptist was 6months to the day older than Jesus in Luke one. So when was John the Baptist born and if we get that we get Jesus's birthday, right?

So Johns dad was a Priest in the order of Levi, Levitical Priesthood, and hat he was serving in the temple for the Rite of Aria and that after that on hs walk home he was struck mute because he didn't believe the angel that his wife would bare John... so we know that the rite of Aria runs in mid to late June by our calendar today so JOhn's dad goes home and the bible says that then his wife Concieved and had a perfect pregnancy, 40 weeks. So you go out 40 weeks from the end of June you get the End of March for Johns birth. Now in the story of Jesus's Birth it says that Jesus's mother Mary went to see Johns mom and johns mom was 6months pregnant when the baby in her belly leapt at the presence of the Lord in Mary's belly. So what is 6 months from march 29th or so? I calculate it at The end of September or Early october ina perfect pregnancy of 40 weeks that the bible says Jesus birth was.

So with a little Hebraic knowledge on their rites and festivals one can calculate the birth date of jesus. tehre are other clues also like the Shepherds in the field, in December the sheep are not in the field but in the sheds/barns. It is winter in December and the sheep arent in the field in Winter, ask a sheep herder and we know that the shepherds that went to bethleham came frm their flocks in the fields. this surely wasn't in December.

I do want to tell you that there is half of the christian world that thinks he was born in march like John but the Bible clearly says 6months to the day after John so it couldn't be in my opinion Marc`h. But nonetheless March is also not December if it comes to that.

So Jesus was born in laet September or Early October according to the Word and the clues given. But again I do not do Christmas because Jesus said not too. Constantine wrote the Edict for Christmas celebration in his edict he said flat out we will make his birthdate Dec. 25th, the date of all the pagan sun gods births, so that it would help converge the various faiths and not cause disruption in already celebrated holidays. It was the same with Constantine and Sunday worship, until then all faiths used a Saturday Sabbath.

I hope this helped you understand how one gets Jesus's birthdate from the clues. But nonetheless the movie that this thread is about is either Ignorant or Liars, but it must be one of the two. Anything to declare Jesus a fiction for some is enough to start doing what the makers of that movie did. They wanted Jesus to be born on Dec 25th so that they coul link him to Mithra, Horus, Osiris, Zeus, Odin and many other SON gods. And again this is false and is well known to be false with those that study this field, so either the movie maker didn't know or lied, either way it is false...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join