It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Isaac CARET - Drones [HOAX]

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Access Denied
Some more food for thought for anyone's that interested...

Meme Wars: We Have an Agenda
www.realityuncovered.com...

"Yes, both SERPO and the CHAD game are "phony," but to leave it at that is to misunderstand the game that is being played. As the Alchemist said to his Apprentice: "the game may be fixed, but it's the only game in town."

Most interesting A.D.....a very intelligent writer attempting to force the documents to fit within the framework of his original premise, that we're being gamed. Even so, he clearly finds what he's looking at breathtaking and almost impossible to render. He even goes so far as to estimate just how large a canvas would be needed to achieve the resolutions seen in the Linguistic Primer, but I notice he failed to address an important issue: Why, after crafting this (literal) gigantic masterwork for the benefit of a process camera, would the hoaxer then transfer it to an 80's era copier, obliterating so much of his finest work? Take a highly magnified look at these diagrams and you'll see what I'm talking about.

He also waves off the brilliant concepts within the reports and claims that the content was clearly web derived, even providing what we're supposed to assume is a good source. I actually went to the link he pointed to and found virtually nothing similar, save for the word "anti-gravity". Perhaps someone else will have more luck searching the site for language plagiarized by "Isaac", but I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by klatunictobarata
Man, CHUNDER, am I stupid or what?
You say in #2 the following: " I also have proof that this whole thing is real but don't feel comfortable sharing."
There is a 50-50 outcome probability that you have proof or not. Good odds indeed. If you could elaborate more on why you feel uncomfortable or could steer us in a comfortable way to a better direction, then we might gain some valuable knowledge.
Or you could just be a tease!

Just to put the record straight - sorry if I confused the issue but as pj says I did apologise for the sarcasm.

I was merely trying to point out the futility of making vague allusions to veiled evidence, whichever direction the evidence pointed.

If someone's not comfortable sharing something they shouldn't refer to it in the first place.

Edited to add - NGC, the reference to the Borg's hive mind was brilliant, any more of that and I'll accuse you -- albeit wrongly -- of being Isaac !

[edit on 26-7-2007 by chunder]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonking

Originally posted by pjslug
Hold on just a second... are you trying to say that the person(s) who put this elaborate hoax together (if a hoax at all) with incredible CGI and vector art and state-of-the-art computers didn't have a typeface so had to resort to using a typewriter?? That's so laughable that if I drank a cup of water right now it would be coming out of my nose for the next month.
Your previous posts have been very insightful, however.

[edit on 7/26/2007 by pjslug]

None the less, they look stuck on and there the exact size of the punch out

It’s not like the mid 80’s were the Stone Age

Hoax or not it's bizarre

and stuck on the scan not on the photo before it was scanned
notice how much brighter it is
has anyone found these fonts?
don't know what I was thinking ,the caret doc's look like they were done on a computer , still wonder what fonts they used

[edit on 26-7-2007 by moonking]

font will most likely be Courier which as explained was quite commonly used in typewriters. The fact that these punch-outs match in size is most likely a coincidence. The use of such markers was and still is so common that they were most likely pre-produced stickersheets, which would also reconfirm the use of Courier.

The report itself:
im inclined to say that the header/footer is a narrow version based on Arial, which as far as design, time and implementation would be possible and even a very likely candidate..

the body of the text:
Apolloseems likely, though there's many similar, perhaps more common typefaces possible.

It seems logical to not stick anything directly on the original photograph. Why would you? Original photographs are powerful media, and if the image is something you don't want to spread and would like to control as much as possible, then the objective (at least MY objective) would be to keep as few originals as needed in as good condition as possible. The fewer photo's you have, the fewer you need to keep track of. So when including these in a report you simply cut and paste the old-fashioned way. The guys that assembled these reports weren't graphic artists, so it doesn't surprise me that they fumbled around to get the result to match the message, and didn't care about aesthetic details.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
There was a response that used the word "libel" and it spooked me a little so I decided to clam up.

I did not mean to cause you alarm or offense, I was merely stating that the terms you were using in the post were giving me the impression you were going to dive-bomb the poor guy in an email and that, given he is a professor (and by proxy I would assume fairly intelligent and well off) might have caused him to get busy on your ass with the litigation angle. I was just warning you that's all, I wouldn't want anyone to get sued over the debacle, so I'm sorry to have alarmed you, but I just wanted to warn you that debates like this can cause a great deal of personal interest, to the point where people can't stop thinking about it and get obsessed, and then, as with all humans, we tend to think fast and to hell with the consequences.

I agree, we need to question EVERYONE, and I personally think that if you post on a forum like ATS, then you've got to be expected to get people, who look at this stuff all day, a little paranoid, so much so that they will undoutedly expect you're in on it so if I was E.T. I wouldnt immediately run off and hide because someone suspected me - its common nature for those in the UFO circles to be suspicous, its the natural order of things, but he is a well educated man, and I'm sure he can understand we were just being cautious and following every lead - no harm in asking is there?

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11
Actaully if I were you, I would just stop talking about it all together. It's proven this thing is a hoax, and its also proven the hoaxer is right here in this thread, and its been proven that someone here is making multiple accounts to make it appear multiple people are agreeing with them. Its also proven that the only reason this hoax is still going, is because the believers are using straw man tacitcs to ignore the real evidence.

Dude, your being a donkey again, please go back to the nice you!

You're not a mod, so you have no proof that anyone is using the same IP addresses, and I'm pretty sure the Springster would have alerted us and banned the offenders already by now if anyone was. I'm not a mod so I'm assuming, but I'd bet the IPs are somewhere near the posts so they can check at a glance like most forum software. I agree, in that I'm pretty sure if it is a hoax there are people checking in around the 'net, but I doubt they would actively signup because they'd get cocky and end it too soon if this was just 'for the lolz'.

=====

A lot of people are giving it credance where there used to be none in the paranormal/UFO arena, whereas a lot of hoaxes fell when people pointed out flaws in things like security, language etc there will always be apologists these days because we are more PC and seem strangely more accepting. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but if it proves to make a break-through then I'm for it either way.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Agent Violet:

I agree there are some strange things in this report - for one, there is no abstract or glossary of terms, but we only have a small section of the total document, so we can't make judgements based on the little we have, there could be a glossary, etc but we just don't have it. It's good to keep these things in mind however.

---

One question I had and a few others seem to have themselves, or nearly is:

How exactly do they program the drones? If these were reverse engineered from crashed drones then the writing and functionality were damaged in some way (see the bent spikey bits in Isaac's photo) and we had no previous knowledge of them or how they worked so HOW did we come to understand it?

Based on the above and as several others have said and I did ages ago, is the writing PAINTED, DECALED or what? It looks like a decal of some sort (whether its spray painted, micro-etched, atomically constructed) so how did we determine its construction and how did we apply it?

Again, from the above and from the Isaac photo, all we seemed to have of the drones were the rings - why was there no arms in the photo, because the RINGS have NO LETTERING. Yes the gravity generator does, so I was of the assumption that the aliens gave us the generator and the I beams and told us how it worked, but that's a bit too convenient isn't it?

Did they also give us the machinery to write on the drones? I'll have to go back and read Isaac's story again, because I don't remember him saying they'd given us anything, we had to figure it out for ourselves, and therefore, we had to find a machine to write on the things...

I'm not saying it's impossible, but consider giving someone who doesn't speak your language (lets say English for the example) an English high-level computer language and ask them to make something complex, like an information system for a library or an accounting package, WITHOUT the manuals, WITHOUT help, just plain old ingenuity - it smacks a bit incredulously to me that people would have worked it out well enough to have what appear to be fully functioning drones (aside from the fact they apprently de-cloak at times, so I guess that's an error).

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I can't help thinking that this guy is clever if its a hoax, then he's playing with us, like an old master might leave clues in a book or painting, or someone would give a puzzle box to a child. I'm wondering if there's something hidden (and I don't just mean the weird 'Eagle' and 'T' watermarks):

I'm thinking so far outside the box at the moment I've run off down the street and I think I lost it; these are ramblings, but they are related to the thread and if I give someone else some ideas then jolly good:

Hidden messages/meanings - perhaps he WANTS us to find him/the place and had to disguse it in plain sight:

PACL - pound sign, ampersand, caret, left parenthesis £&^(

Alternate anagrams of CARET:
TRACE (tried looking up places called TRACE near Palo Alto, found some weird stuff on Google maps, but since I don't know the area...)

CAR ET (or ET CAR) (don't even try on Google)

ERTAC

---

Wikipedia Article on Caret symbol: "The term comes from the Latin caret, "it lacks", from 'carēre', to lack; to be separated from; to be free from..."

Perhaps its an anagram of CARET PACL so we need to add both words together?

I shall drink more beer, perhaps the answer lies there at the bottom of the can,

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
That's a pretty good idea for researching this. Too bad that I'm not in a position to get beer atm.

On topic, the guys who say that it not a good report cause there's no technical details did you take into account the rather large blacked out parts? Maybe there's a reason why isaac wouldn't want us to know specifics of the technology and he blacked them out. I doubt all that space would be something that would put himself directly in danger.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The caret symbol has traditionally used to indicate a control character.

^C indicates a Control-C character sequence.

I think it was picked for the name with no hidden meaning other than possibly the term 'control'.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
First off, 11 11 you are being abusive again. I am not aware that you are on medication that is a mood controller, but if you are, please make sure that you aren't skipping dosages. For a short while there you acted downright civilized, then you fell into the deep end of the mental pool and couldn't swim.

I am not being nasty towards you. I am concerned with a fellow human who displays such capricious mood swings and obvious lack of need for rational thought. I am concerned that you have allowed this whole thing to overcome your better judgment viz-a-viz maintaining a balanced approach and decorum.

Now about my nightly sojourn in the Land of Nod. We all are aware of the idea that our minds use "dream time" to sort through complex problems seeking a solution. To paraphrase an old song, last night I was "in a CARET state of mind".

The solution I "dreamed" up was that the writing was a template. Think of the lettering as a diagram to be followed for some other action that is done to the material, much like a form of nano-rearrangement. To gain a desired effect, one would first lay out the pattern for the desired work on the surface of the item, then subject the item to whatever (alien?) forces could cause the rearrangement on a molecular level within the item, and it would seem as if the writing were doing the work.

I suppose I came to this idea from the wonder that Native Americans had for the "talking leaves" of the white man. My forbears had a hard time understanding the idea that thoughts could be reduced to a repeatable sequence of marks, and so at first thought there was some magical property in and of the marks themselves. This seems to be the stumbling block people like schuylar and others here trip over.

Now I am not so conceited as to think this is the answer to how whatever we are looking at actually works, or was the intent of the hoaxer to portray, (if this is a hoax), but rather I am trying to show that there are ways that such an idea need not be totally incompatible with our current understanding of the laws of physics. A way to reduce the idea of magic to the realm of POSSIBLE science.

And no, I don't dream on acid.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ejsaunders
I'm thinking so far outside the box at the moment I've run off down the street and I think I lost it; these are ramblings, but they are related to the thread and if I give someone else some ideas then jolly good:

Oh, Oh, can I play

caret
react

Pacl = Pretending And Clearly Lying
Caret = Can Anyone Really Even Tell

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by chunder
Just to put the record straight - sorry if I confused the issue but as pj says I did apologise for the sarcasm.

I was merely trying to point out the futility of making vague allusions to veiled evidence, whichever direction the evidence pointed.

If someone's not comfortable sharing something they shouldn't refer to it in the first place.

Edited to add - NGC, the reference to the Borg's hive mind was brilliant, any more of that and I'll accuse you -- albeit wrongly -- of being Isaac !

[edit on 26-7-2007 by chunder]

I guess you are refering to me, and you are right, for that I apologize.

Just to clear things up, when I said that there some detalis I dont feel comfortable discussing, is out of 2 concerns: a) of not divulging info that can be of use by people just trying to collect info from sites such as this, b) myself getting in trouble, thats all my concern, I'm not trying to play James Bond or nothing like that.

But I'm going to follow you advice, sorry if I came across wrong there.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
EJ,

I tried the ol Anagram game a few weeks back and combined all the main names to see if i could get anything but I got diddly squat. If it is a hoax I wouldn't be at all suprised if there is something hidden somewhere, we just have to find it.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
There at least 22 eyewitnesses with even more that can’t be counted involved with the five groups of pictures that were taken
If you are one of them, we would like to hear from you

Chad sighting: at least 5 eyewitnesses (Chad, wife, friend and neighbors (implying more than one)
“My wife and I were on a walk when we noticed a very large, very strange "craft" in the sky”
"Many neighbors aside from my friend have also seen it."

Cell phone lady: 2 eyewitnesses
“. I ran around to the other side and was yelling to my husband to come out”
‘I would bet at least a few other people saw it”

Raj: at least 6 eyewitnesses (raj, fiancé’s, fiancé’s parents (4), everyone in the car (implying more than one) 2
From his crags list post "We were eating with her family and they saw it too."
From his flickr post "At one point a car stopped to look as well. No one had any idea what this thing was but everyone in the car was visibly freaked out by it."
"I'm not sure who else saw it in the neighborhood since I don't live down there, but I'm sure at least a few others must have noticed it."
"We sent a copy of the photos to their newspaper but haven't heard back yet."

Stephen: 1 eyewitness
"Are these going to the 6 o'clock news or what”

Ty: 8 eyewitnesses
"On the 5th of this month, I was on a mountain biking trip with 7 other riders"
"One of the guys I ride with works for a bay area newspaper"
"It turns out that this was not the first time he had been made aware of it"
"Apparently about a year ago, a couple reports came in from somewhere in Saratoga about basically the same thing"
"Also he received at least one photograph"
"I really do get the feeling that he's willing to talk about this"

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is one good Ego stroking thread, congrads to the poster for getting people to believe into your not so elaborate hoax... I bet you feel really special now

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
This is one good Ego stroking thread, congrads to the poster for getting people to believe into your not so elaborate hoax... I bet you feel really special now

As must you for the above insightful post. Wow, what a contribution!

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Yeah ya know I took the much shorter route than trying to use clever analogies, I don't think you need to write 3 paragraphs to know what this really is...Even giving someone that much of your thinking power and time is just as demeaning as the hoaxer himself...So thanks again for backing me up in saying the obvious but more people probably would have read it if i turned it into a novel...

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Chunder, actually Isaac states that there aren't any "buttons, levers, or switches" on the anti-gravity generator.

So i wonder how exactly is the thing 'activated'.

Although, it does state, "PACL has been provided with a small--blackened out--device, capable of controlling the generator....switching it between its 3 modes"

So any guess what this small device is?

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It's been so long ago now, and my brain is slightly fuzzy from the beer (and the general amount of medication I take anyway for pain), but wasn't Raj's drone pictured near a house?

I vaguely remember seeing the drainpipe in one shot, so then I'm wondering if these things are all going to/from one direction, or are following/reconning something specific?

It would be interesting to get to speak to anyone involved, particularly Chad, since he said these things appear often near him - we could get people down there damn it with a good camera!

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I was looking at the Inventory Review picture an I rotate picture 90 deg to right and it look like its in sitting on the floor (a post had comment on this that it was in a wharehouse were picture where photograph) I looked at object 14a and 14b and both of them have a marking like a cross or star on each of what it look like is attache to circle.
Another question I have is how they made this object on a computer and then transfer them to a lithographic paper (if they are fake) I been doing yahoo search on companies that sell round object haven't had any new stuff.

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join