It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are all UFOs plate shaped

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
why are they

i think their are a few reasons

1. all UFOs are fake

2. they could be the ones that made us

3. they are the onse runing the matrix

4. we are their toys ant they spy on us

5. the presidnt is a partner of them and has been trading tech. with them

6. they are exploring the univers

tell me wat you think the reason is for theis being the most seen type of UFOs

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Your hypothesis is wrong. UFOs come in all sizes and shapes.

There are a good number of them saucer shaped, though. A saucer shape does have some nice aerodynamic advantages, as well as stealth functions. Although, it does tend to flip over in flight, like one of those high-density Frisbee golf discs. Generally, a sphere is still probably your best UFO design if you're concerned about power requirements. If you have a built-in Mr. Fusion reactor, and power is not a concern, however, then you could make a UFO in any shape you wanted.

A more interesting question is why don't we see more identical UFOs in different locations? After all, once you have the best design, why change it? Cars and trucks all pretty much have the same basic design. Why wouldn't UFO designs all start to look the same?

[edit on 26-6-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Even the origin of the phrase 'Flying Saucer' was taken out of context since they were crescent moon shaped.

There's lots of different shapes. And of course there is 'Classic Disc'

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Aerodynamics (I think) is used because your space ship/car/boat ... is moving into a hostile environment (air, water...) creating friction, lowering your max speed and putting a lot of pressure on the structure of your space ship/car/boat...

now let's assume that EBEs have full control of MHD (hence they can use gravity at will to move in space), superconductors and alloys.

I think that aerodynamics is no longer important at such a level as you have a direct use of gravitational forces + tech that handles the pressure it implies.

on top of that: if MHD is the tech they use they can fly any size, any shape of spaceship. basically: aerodynamics are no longer a limitation. you can design a spaceship that really suits your needs.

but i must say that the guy out there who 1st had the idea of a "saucer" knew about design. it's a cool shape

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
uv777bk touched on it.

kenneth arnold reported the first "flying saucer" but the newspaper reporters made a mistake. He actually said they were crescent shaped- more like a boomerang but the papers reported "flying saucer" and suddenly thats what poeple started to see in the sky. Not crescent shaped or boomerang craft.

never has the power of suggestion been more apparent. Why would the aliens re-design their craft to conform to the reporters mistake?

[edit on 27-6-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Actually a HUUUUUGEEE, hell... the majority amount of UFO's are infact Triangular or Spheric in shape.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
A hydrodynamic shape like that of a shark would be good for a UFO, too. Super cool. What you want, though, is a shape that will most efficiently make use of the space inside, while allowing you to maneuver easily. And since you're also flying in an atmosphere, you may wish to incorporate lifting body features to make your flight a little more energy efficient. Maybe something like this:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hmmm i am not an engineer or anyhting like that but given what i have read on the subject, i'll stick my neck out and take a best shot guess that many of them are saucer shaped because of the anti gravity technology they the ET's employ inside the ships. Perhaps the latest wave of triangle shaped UFO's have come about recently because they have improved in their technology? Or to put it another way back in the 1970's the games console consisted of a simple black and white screen with very few games such as the classic tennis game with a white dot being "battered" across a straight white line. Today in the early 21st cenury we have high def screens with stunning graphics, wireless controllers and add on features that would have seemed like science fiction to kids back in the 1970's. So perhaps we are just witnessing ET also upgrading their technological ability as well. Designs change over time ....

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
well, this is efficient in a way...
this shape is a wing.
that shapes seems best suited for "jet engine" where you "push" the plane (hence: you work against gravity).

According to witnesses: Ufos can reach top speeds (could be achieved with a jet propulsion though) BUT can also make 90 degrees turns pretty easily... hoover etcetc. this you can't do with a jet engine that is at the back of your space ship.

Now: using MHD, Ufos wouldnt need a wing shape anyway: the propulsion is not at the back of the ship. it can be all around it... (using the fuselage "as" the engine)

on top of that, using MHD may allow to create a distortion of gravity. it is then also possible to think they are not "pushed" but that they actually "fall".

in biology, some consider that "walking is a series of controlled falls".
how about flying?
if your propulsion technology defies gravity, it is then possible to consider flying as a series of controlled falls as well.

imagine that you just create gravity in front of you. you would "fall" in forward direction. change the orientation of gravity 90 degrees right: you will fall to the right etcetc

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
the shape depends on the polarisation/propulsion method they are using inside.. The discs operate on a inverse mirrored polarisation, one to give it propulsion, or a focused slope. and the other to give it thrust, or focused gravity. Like a plate, it can be tipped up or down, just add spin and the ability to travel very fast.. and wallah. I think. I may be flawed but have checked out some of the nazi schematics, it seems to be that way.

The thing i wish to see before i die, is time travel, and the ability to come back.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by mastermind77]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
seen a few documentaries on time travel. seems pretty unlikely we see that during our lifetime... the amount of energy required is HUGE.

anyway: the amount of energy is huge according to the standard we know...

Einstein came up with an equation just 3 letters and a figure long... maybe that with a different understanding of the universe and its laws we might be able to travel through time...

I've heard theories about frequencies: basically you create a distortion of gravity (again...) that allows you to bend space/time. basically: you dont travel from A to B in a straight line but you are narrowing the distance by bending the fabric of the universe.

by doing so: maybe that time travel is possible...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Hmmm i am not an engineer or anyhting like that but given what i have read on the subject, i'll stick my neck out and take a best shot guess that many of them are saucer shaped because of the anti gravity technology they the ET's employ inside the ships. Perhaps the latest wave of triangle shaped UFO's have come about recently because they have improved in their technology? Or to put it another way back in the 1970's the games console consisted of a simple black and white screen with very few games such as the classic tennis game with a white dot being "battered" across a straight white line. Today in the early 21st cenury we have high def screens with stunning graphics, wireless controllers and add on features that would have seemed like science fiction to kids back in the 1970's. So perhaps we are just witnessing ET also upgrading their technological ability as well. Designs change over time ....

Maybe they saw us humans driving super cool and colourful vehicles and they thought well why we can’t do the same. I think aliens are pretty boring and they could learn a lot of great things from us, most of all how to have fun and live it up like us

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
so you think the y go to disney world on week ends? of watch the sopranos drinking beer and waiting for the super bowl to start? hahahaha

I think they consider us the joke of the comos...
sure any civilization would have its own problems and cultural background. but to a more "advanced" (technologically) observer the difference between Apes and us must be very very thin...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
The thing i wish to see before i die, is time travel, and the ability to come back.
[edit on 27-6-2007 by mastermind77]

I cannot begin to start to wish that I could even explain why your statement is a bit daft.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think alien spacecraft seem to be mostly circular because they are designed to be very maneuverable and a circular shape may be more effective for space travel.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Due most like to a lot of copycat hoaxers...

The classic Flying Saucer...

In days of old, it was the easiest way to fake a ufo. Two pie plates, hubcaps, garbage can lids, etc., etc., ad nausea.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
not sure whether the shape s relevant past a certain degree of technology. maybe the shape just has to be "convenient". their docking bay may be circular

so a "saucer" may be easier to park

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Kenneth Arnold, in arguably the first modern "sighting" that got media attention, claimed that the crescent shaped flying objects he saw moved like a "saucer" would if you skipped it across water. The "saucer" wasn't the shape, but was a comment on the way they moved. News media went with flying "saucer" because it would play better with people than flying "crescent".

Then you had the era of the "contactee's" who hoaxed a lot of pics/video with.....saucer shaped objects. The rest is history.....

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Its well known in science and bioogy that a circle or ball is the most energy efficient object that there is.
That is why all our cells and eggs etc are circular.

Just logics people nothing fancy....

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This documentary is quite good.

Link

Its in 10 parts, I think you'll find the section on disk shapes etc in sec 2 - it's all good tho.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join