It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does everyone live and how do u assess the terrorist threat there ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Just tying to get a broad idea around the world of how worried people are in their respective countries ?

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Manhattan... you can guess the threat level without me telling you.

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Southampton,England.We have got used to terrorism supported by a foreign power.

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Southampton,England.We have got used to terrorism supported by a foreign power.

Would that be Lybia or the US ?

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I wouldn't want to upset anyone here by saying(JB is unusually bashful)

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hey what happened with the bloody way above awards? Its almost december hello

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Thought you were going to the Gym,Tyler.

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 09:26 AM
link   
surely this cannot be a reference to the IRA, the jolly fund-raisers of Boston, your somewhat deplorable University and its Mountbatten Centre?
I thought not.
If, on the other hand, it is: congrats on a shaft of insight in a thread that threatens to raise dreariness to a new low.

"In my home town we celebrate Christmas on December 25th. Please post voluminously to tell me when you celebrate Christmas, and how you know it's the right date, and if you think it marks the Nativity of Our Lord.. blah...sigh...yawn..aarrrgh...sigh

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 09:30 AM
link   
...what in the name of all that swims, flies, crawls, creps or walks, did you foresee as the outcome of this posting? 900+ post-codes and "we watch the telly"?

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The joke(british) was that you knew Lord Mountbatten had dandruff because they found his Head and Shoulders on the beach.

Christmas?You mean that pagan festival to celebrate the shortest day.I can see Jesus celibrating right now in my minds eye.Carving that big old turkey for his disciples at the last supper.

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Ah, J-B, remember that cruel old jest. Your picture of the Last Supper, while cynical, evokes memories of dear old England - silence for the Queen's speech, hideous "celebrities" visiting sick children, summer holiday adverts, a weary old James Bond film, and off to B&Q for the sales on Boxing day.
All punctuated by brutal "Don't drink and drive" ad's and deary documentaries about the starving millions so that anyone actually trying to enjoy the whole charade is torpedoed.

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Ah, J-B, remember that cruel old jest. Your picture of the Last Supper, while cynical, evokes memories of dear old England - silence for the Queen's speech, hideous "celebrities" visiting sick children, summer holiday adverts, a weary old James Bond film, and off to B&Q for the sales on Boxing day.
All punctuated by brutal "Don't drink and drive" ad's and dreary documentaries about the starving millions so that anyone actually trying to enjoy the whole charade is torpedoed.

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 01:37 AM
link   
is more afraid that if we don't buckle under to U.S. pressure in either increasing spending on our military, or allowing your agencies in, will suffer from a terrorist attack. The difference being that we think it would come from your government. Hasn't anyone in the States clued in yet that the attack was, at least in part, co-ordinated by your intelligence agencies (Gov. or private).
Canadians and Europeans seem to have a pretty good grip on it and aren't so willing to 'jump the gun'. Look at the NY Times recently, Saudi's not helping efforts in US war on terrorism as much as they could (next is the war on the Saudi's, Hell, they have oil too), not to mention, Police under-staffed, that's why they couldn't find the Wash. sniper (we need a bigger budget and more laws that allow us to impinge on civil liberties).
People, it's all coming down the pipes. You can hear it, read it, see it, and comprehend it if you just turn off that silly 'it'll never happen here B.S.'
Sure, you may disagree, but the media is different here, and stories about American politics aren't tainted by excuses and American propaganda, they just report the results of legislation passed that crushes your rights.
It is a simple, undeniable fact that one person, who can't even string a comprehensible thought into a sentence half the time, and has about as much in common with the average American as he does with a Kalihari bushman, can, with a word, completely suspend your Civil Rights and eradicate your Constitution. Even scarier is the fact that once he isn't in power, the next dude could do it, and if not him, then the next dude. Basically, you've sold the protection of the future generations of your country down the river without having a clue what the dangers from within are that the future may hold! What is that ole' Ben Franklin quote about liberty and security, and those who trade essential liberties for security deserve neither.
Living verifiable proof that history teaches nothing, and to keep it that way, make sure you write the history.
There is no marching in the streets, nobody claims that the government is working towards totalitarianism, nobody says 'Hey, I give a # about the future, so I'm going to do something about it now, while I can.' Everyone is like Tyler says, sheep, happy to be sheep. It is a good analysis, despite the borrowed analogy.
The key to which is understanding how sheep are kept.
In a pen. Protected by fences. Constant food. Protected by specially trained dogs, who also make sure no sheep go astray, and are good sheep (by that I mean, putting the sheep that have the nerve to lead other sheep astray, in there place). Threatened by other dogs who aren't specially trained.
We think, man, the dogs have it easy, but in reality, the dog is under more constant scrutiny of the farmer. The sheep don't like the dogs, and, imagine the world as being a better place without them, when, in reality, they would still be in a pen, kept there by the farmer. Ahhhh, FREEDOM. I can go anywhere in the pen I want as long as I don't go where I'm not supposed to. I can eat as much grass as I like. I hate the dogs, all dogs. Why can't the sheep see the farmer for what he is???
Rave, rant, rant, rave, rave, rant!!!! It's so simple!! Grrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhh!! I'm so damn frustrated with the masses!!

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
Manhattan... you can guess the threat level without me telling you.

I think I've got a pretty good idea of your threat-level *before* factoring in the potential terrorists attacks...

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Just tying to get a broad idea around the world of how worried people are in their respective countries ?

Belgium, and we have put in jail some muslims terrorists.

One of them found a mobile phone in the prison ( we don't know how ) and phoned to a journalist and may be to his terrorists buddies

We know that we are on thier targets lists. In Belgium, we have 2 US bases and the NATO headquarters ,and these muslims terrorists will attack us soon.

And I don't speak about the NATO pipeline who's far from 6/7 km from my home !

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
The joke(british) was that you knew Lord Mountbatten had dandruff because they found his Head and Shoulders on the beach.

Christmas?You mean that pagan festival to celebrate the shortest day.I can see Jesus celibrating right now in my minds eye.Carving that big old turkey for his disciples at the last supper.

Careful what you say and to whom, John! A fellow Southern Baptist asked me what I was going to get him for Christmas, and I launched into my spiel which is similar to yours there. I thought the ol' boy was going to try and clean my greens right there in the hangar. Can you believe, he called me a communistic athiest?

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 10:50 PM
link   
didn't accuse you of will-ful non-consumption. I understand that is a crime in the States.LOL

posted on Dec, 5 2002 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm out here by Area 51 in Nye County. I really don't think anything could infiltrate this area.
The only thing I'm concerned about is one of Vanderburgs rockets going Amuck!

posted on Dec, 5 2002 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I live in Southwest Louisiana. If we are attacked by any type of terrorist, the whole world would be silent as they see a twenty-five mile crater etched into the Earth. We have one the of largest Liquid Natural Gas plants in the world. (And starting sometime year, we will host THE largest plant for LNG.) If one of those tanks blow, the crater will be enormus. Not to, mention our area is one of two places in the USA that produces rocket fuel amongst other premium petroleum products. We hold the threat to a high regard.

posted on Dec, 6 2002 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
I live in Southwest Louisiana. If we are attacked by any type of terrorist, the whole world would be silent as they see a twenty-five mile crater etched into the Earth. We have one the of largest Liquid Natural Gas plants in the world. (And starting sometime year, we will host THE largest plant for LNG.) If one of those tanks blow, the crater will be enormus. Not to, mention our area is one of two places in the USA that produces rocket fuel amongst other premium petroleum products. We hold the threat to a high regard.

Watch out for thode rocket fuel plants ! The chemicals they use these days are based on HE compounds. Most have RDX the main ingredient in plastic explosive.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join