It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dashcam Video Shows NH Officer Being Shot, Killed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Last month, there was an incident in Franconia, NH, where a police officer was shot to death after making a traffic stop. The shooter was then shot to death by a passerby who had stopped to assist the officer.

It seemed like just another tragedy until it became known that there was a long history of conflict between the officer and the shooter in this small town.

Now, the dashcam video of the officer being shot has been released, as well as video of earlier altercations between the two:

Part 1 is the video of an earlier altercation between the officer and the offender. The kid shows a very poor attitude in this video.

Part 2 and Part 3 are a continuation of the earlier conflict, and show the offender getting arrested after assistance arrives.

Finally, the video of the shooting on May 11.

WARNING! Violence and Profanity displayed!

This was tragic, however, the fault lies entirely with the offender, imo. As I mentioned earlier, he exhibited a very poor attitude toward the officer.

Edit: Fix BB code

[edit on 25-6-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks the officer was at fault for anything after watching these videos...well I'll keep my opinion to myself...this kid Liko got what was coming to him...just to bad a cop had to die by his scumbag hands before people got to see he was nothing more than a peice of S***!

and to show little Liko isn't to bright and looking for a fight...on Part 2 of the series at about 7:45 into it Liko asks if the officer is denying him his request for another police officer....Hey Liko you moron...listen and what do you hear...2 thing...sirens in route to your location..meaning another cop and the cop your giving a hard time is on the radio right infront of you telling the other unit to cut his sirens that he is almost there....WTF ...

[edit on 25/6/07 by shadow_soldier1975]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
let me add the officer did do something wrong...he didnt put this POS on the ground in in cuffs soon enough....and it cost him his life!

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm no expert in this but the officer should have drawn his weapon and ask the suspect to exit the car. I guess he thought he knew the guy well enough to rule out the possibility that he would be dangerous.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
One word...

Sloppy.

It's unfortunate, but this officer has just guaranteed himself a spot on every law enforcement academy's curriculum under the heading how not to apprehend and take custody of a fleeing perpetrator. Who turns their back on anyone when in a confrontational situation?

Sad... But a pronounced lack of professionalism. :shk:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
mirthful me i disagree only a bit...the officers were all VERY professional and very calm considering the idiot they were dealing with....they were just slow in ending the situation...and letting it get way out of hand..

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Just a little more background in this case: these two had more of a history than was shown by the videos. At one time, Liko suffered a fractured jaw, courtesy of the officer.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
yeah fractured jaw for what??....u can say this officer beat him up...after seeing how this kid acted and treated that officer in this WHOLE thing I can only think how great he was in other altercations. He was told by 3 different officers to do something and he ignored ALL of them...in my city acting like that..his jaw would of been getting off easy! Atleast now he will sit and rot in jail...being someones boy toy...if we are lucky he'll meet the needle...

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Oh, well. The perp is dead and Gregory Floyd deserves a state dinner and a trip to Disney World.

The officer probably didn't use the best judgement, but it's a done deal, so there's not much use discussing it.

The video will get a lot of play in training sessions, I'm sure.

[edit on 2007/6/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Im not sure I want to watch those clips, but I do have a question.
So this jpasserby, he had his own gun or he used the cops or what?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The only thing you can see in the video is the suspect firing the gun. The officer is off camera. I believe that the hero that killed this thug used the cops gun. Poetic justice I suppose. Even after he was dead his gun was still used to kill his killer.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
Im not sure I want to watch those clips, but I do have a question.
So this jpasserby, he had his own gun or he used the cops or what?

The passerby used the cop's gun while his son called 911 for help.

Liko used a .45 to shoot the cop, then ran over him. He was shoving a new clip into the .45 when the guy shot him.

There was a passenger in Liko's car who said that shooting Liko was the right move, btw.

11Bravo, the cop is out of view of the dashcam, so all you see is the gun being fired out of the driver's side window. But I suggest you watch parts 1 - 3 so that you get a feel for the poor attitude this Liko guy had. He acted like a spoiled little brat with his demands and his disregard for the cop's orders.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Not making allot of sense to me. One thing that strikes me right off the bat, why no audio until the shooting. We cant hear what was said during the first stop, or any commands that may or may not have been given. Then the slow exit of the suspects car from the first stop. ? I didn't see any high speed chase. The suspect just seemed to be leaving a traffic stop, and upset the officer when the suspect threw stones from his tires, look at black marks on the dirt.

During the second stop, why did the officer feel it necessary to hit suspects car 3 times with his cruiser when the suspect stopped willingly? And above all else, why did the officer run up to the suspects car, mace him, then WALK away in a non tactical manner? Why didn't the officer wait for backup?

The civilian that shot suspect can not be held accountable as he acted on what he saw at that time and had no way of knowing any previous history between suspect and officer.

As for the suspect actions, the officer finally provoked the kind of reaction he wanted from suspect. The reason he didn't wait for backup was so he could exact his revenge (pepper spray) without official whiteness of a second officer.

Do the right thing and give us the audio!

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
Not making allot of sense to me. One thing that strikes me right off the bat, why no audio until the shooting. We cant hear what was said during the first stop, or any commands that may or may not have been given. Then the slow exit of the suspects car from the first stop. ? I didn't see any high speed chase. The suspect just seemed to be leaving a traffic stop, and upset the officer when the suspect threw stones from his tires, look at black marks on the dirt.

During the second stop, why did the officer feel it necessary to hit suspects car 3 times with his cruiser when the suspect stopped willingly? And above all else, why did the officer run up to the suspects car, mace him, then WALK away in a non tactical manner? Why didn't the officer wait for backup?

The civilian that shot suspect can not be held accountable as he acted on what he saw at that time and had no way of knowing any previous history between suspect and officer.

As for the suspect actions, the officer finally provoked the kind of reaction he wanted from suspect. The reason he didn't wait for backup was so he could exact his revenge (pepper spray) without official whiteness of a second officer.

Speculation from A to Z with no knowledge of anything for sure is kind of silly. Of course, it takes two sides to make a pancake, but to clearly bash the officer without all the evidence in just doesn't make sense.

I'm not sure I remember correctly, but it seem to me Allseeing', that you, in the past, have been stridently anti-police. If I am wrong, I apologize, but I think your little bit of self-aggrandizing editorializing was pretty much uncalled for.

I do agree that he was unprofessional. Had he been doing it right, and he was sure there was a problem, he should have, in the parlance, "tagged and bagged him" on the spot. Then there would have been no question, and certainly no room for this type of hysterical editorializing.

Edited to add that I believe there didn't need to be a second officer as an official witness. The dash-cam clearly had everything covered in an official enough way.

[edit on 26-6-2007 by sigung86]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Your apology accepted. I'm not Anti-police, I'm anti-bad cop, as I am bad person. The whole reason for having a dash cam is to document the event, both audio and video. My conclusion is that we are only being given one side of this story.

I must attempt to correct your understanding of ATS's mission, and that is to discuss (Editorialize) events. Every member has the right to air his or her position on any subject, regardless of its political correctness.

"hysterical editorializing"? Whats so hysterical about questioning the material presented?? Please explain how I'm being hysterical in questioning the "Official" story? I want the audio, is that hysterical????

"self-aggrandizing"?? I had to look that one up. Thank you, I take that as a compliment. Yes, I have self worth, value, but so does everyone else on this board, even yourself. But your self worth is no higher than mine, and I recognize this. Do you? The only thing not warranted here is your personal attack against me. Attack my position, sure, thats what ATS is all about, Attack me, you have crossed the line.

Sure, without the audio we can only speculate as to what was going on. I would suggest that the ACLU or other such organization demand an investigation into this most tragic event, ASAP.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
All arguments aside, two hard-headed a-holes had to die to prove their points! They where both wrong, whatever started it. It turned into a vendetta.

[edit on 26-6-2007 by lorentrook]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

All aurguments aside, two hard-headed a-holes had to die to prove their points! They where both wrong, whatever started it. It turned into a vendetta.

And we have a winner!
From what I can tell, you're on the mark here.

I only saw the final video, but I'm a bit confused as to why the officer pepper-sprayed the vehicle then turned his back on the suspect.

I've been pepper-sprayed, and while it was certainly uncomfortable, I wouldn't count on it to disable an attacker. It sure as hell didn't disable me - if the guy who had sprayed me had been an attacker and not a misguided drunk trying to help me, he would have gone down. As it was his can of pepper spray ended up smashed into a wall on the other side of the street.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
police harrassment does occur and it would not surprise me that an officer on his daily humdrum routine would spend most of his time, compared to how much time he spends with other citizens of the community, on one lone person who ruffled his feathers in some way. this is going to be an interesting case to keep an eye on.

[edit on 26-6-2007 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

looks like he might of been a renegade cop having a little fun on his own. it happens daily where small time police officers choose specific targets to go after. it's just the norm nowadays. now whether or not the cop should of continually harassed the loud mouthed disrespectful Liko remains to be seen.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Saw this on the news the other day. While it is sad that a police officer died,he made serious mistakes.

If he chased the guy,and rammed his car to keep him from going anywhere,then why did he feel it was OK to just pepper spray the car and turn his back? Is it just this one officer or is it something with NH policy regarding car chases? He should have immediately drawn his weapon before he approached the car. Plus he wasnt wearing kevlar.

Again,no gun drawn,brief pepper spray and turns his back to the perp........sounds like a textbook case of what NOT to do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join