It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documents tell of UFO crash in 1970's!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I have come across a couple of formerly classified memos concerning an apparent UFO crash in South Africa in the 1970's.

There are real, verifiable memos, but I have no idea how to link them here (they're in PDF).

In short, the U.S. Embassy in South Africa sent two memos to the State Department concerning reports of UFOs in S.A. airspace, and whether the U.S. Navy was involved, and then an immediate report about the U.S. government awaiting permission from the S.A. government to view the wreckage of a UFO!!!

This to me is as close to a smoking gun as we'll get because these are real documents. Here are a couple of excerpts:

CAPE TOWN WEEK-END PRESS REPORTED METALLIC SPHERE
CRASHED TO EARTH, JULY 29, ON FARM NEAR JOUBERTINA, CAPE
PROVINCE. ACCORDING TO REPORTS, FARMERS IN AREA STATE THAT
SPHERE FELL AFTER SEVERAL BRIGHT UFO'S HAD BEEN SPOTTED STREAKING
ACROSS THE NIGHT SKY AND THAT IT MUST HAVE BEEN MADE OF VERY
HARD METAL AND FALLEN FROM GREAT HEIGHT BECAUSE IT SHATTERED
A BOULDER ON IMPACT AND WAS ONLY SLIGHTLY DENTED. OBJECT IS
DESCRIBED AS 13 KG BALL, 67 CM IN DIAMETER WITH GAPING HOLE
AT ONE END AND PIPE-LIKE PROTRUSION AT OTHER. SHELL HAS
UNIDENTIFIED "FAINT LETTERING".

SOUTH AFRICAN BUREAUCRACY IS STILL IN PROCESS OF OBTAINING RELEASE OF SPACE OBJECT TO US FOR EXAMINATION. EMBASSY ADVISED ON 30 OCT THAT IT WILL BE ANOTHER ONE OR TWO WEEKS BEFORE EVERYTHING SORTED OUT. WILL ADVISE SOONEST.

Can anyone advise me how to post the full documents here?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes

Can anyone advise me how to post the full documents here?

Sure, just post the url to where the PDF's are posted.

Sounds like an intriguing incident, worthy of further investigation.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If the PDF file is big, I suggest you upload it to Rapidshare.

Rapidshare

Rapidshare is free and easy to upload. Once you've done that, post the Rapishare link here on the thread. It's that easy!

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Anyone have any input on these?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The links just take me to the rapidshare home page so far.

Thanks for the note, too!

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This object was shipped to the U.S. I know this because I got a Project Moon Dust document from the U.S. State Department which said this. The document I got was short and didn't say much.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So, you're saying this is a project Moondust incident?

Can you post your document?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
The links just take me to the rapidshare home page so far.

Thanks for the note, too!

When you click on the link, scroll down and select the free download. It will only take a few seconds and a PDF of the document will pull up.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Okay. Got it. Looks like a pretty safe release for the government. Although they don't exactly conclude it was a booster rocket because of lack of anything boosted, they still lean that way. But the moondust tie in might be interesting.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This is pretty cool, especially with the potential Moondust link.

Not quite a smoking gun, though, but a worthwhile find. No hint that it is 'alien' in design, and the term UFO is used in a generic sense, in as much that a UFO does not necessarily equate to anything alien.

Probably not a rocker booster, but it potentially be from anything else we have up in the skies. That having been said, that it's being reported with mention of NASA suggests either an unknown object, or a conclusively identified piece of NASA spacecraft. And if the Moondust aspect turns out to be true, this could be quite a special set of documents!

Good stuff.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Here is the original post by classified material.

Below is a link to the PDF of the document. It is on pages 4-5 of the PDF.
There is a more positive identification of the writing as Cyrillic here, which would indicate a part to a Russian booster rocket.

www.cufon.org...

PLEASE INFORM APPROPRIATE IVORY COAST AUTHORITIES THAT USG WILLING TO ASSIST IN IDENTIFYING OBJECT. CYRILLIC CHARACTERS INDICATE PROBABLE SOVIET ORIGIN, BUT POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION OF PURPOSE, TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS, ETC. , WILL REQUIRE SHIPMENT TO US AND PHYSICAL EXAMINATION. USG WILLING TO CARRY OUT SUCH ANALYSIS AND TO PROVIDE SUMMARY REPORT OF ITS CONCLUSIONS TO IVORY COAST AUTHORITIES.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
These documents seem to confirm the existence of a Project Moondust conclusively. But does anyone know the full scope of said project?

It sounds like Moondust might have been some government space object recovery program in a basic form. Does anyone know what agency ran this?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
There are several clickable .pdf files about midway down this page www.majesticdocuments.com...
that reference "Project Moondust". That website seems to have quite a few official documents regarding UFO's.

new topics

top topics

join