It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo Children... What are 'we'?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Hello, I am just trying to get a conversation started. Has anyone else heard of this phenomenon called Indigo Children? Supposedly children are being born more intelligent and what not. I know nothing of this, but someone brought it up to me and told me i fit the description. Anyone know about about Indigo Children? Help and replies are greatly appreciated.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
There are quite a few threads on here about indigo children, as well as 1.7 million web pages. I've read through the list of things that are supposed to indicate you are an indigo child, and everyone I know fits at least some of them. Heck, I fit most of them. That's why they are worded the way they are. They way I see it, if children today are growing up smarter than their parents, it's not because they are indigo children, it's because we have more knowledge now than we did thirty years ago and all of our children will be smarter than we are because we will know more then than we know now. (I think that makes sense...
)

ATS search of Indigo Children

Ok, tried three times to get the Google link to show up right but I can't fix it...

[edit on 14-6-2007 by Jenna]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Hey! Thanks alot, I really appreciate the link and help.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
No problem, there's a lot of stuff out there about it.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Yes its true and I suppose real. Who knows what the 'cause' is....But it seems these children are not just bright, but spooky intelligent on all levels, some are psychic, some are gifted artists at young ages and most of them seem to 'know' who they are without having to be told that they are gifted etc etc....

I'll see if I can find any good videos...

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
heres some links:

And this ones amazing, Akiane, she's 10 on this video wtf & lol!

[edit on 6/14/2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
One of them 'critters' appear to have turned up here.

If he is correct, the future doesn't appear bright...

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by omelette
One of them 'critters' appear to have turned up here.

If he is correct, the future doesn't appear bright...

The source is PRAVDA.RU, not a reliable or reputable one I'm afraid. Its like tabloid reporting for the most part.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Reference Wiki

Started in '99 as part of the New Age movement.

Sounds like another reason to place blame for actions anywhere but
on the person.

Meh.

Lex

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I am an Indigo Child and recently have realized my full potential. I just talked my way into a job as an associate producer and TV Program Producer.

I have no previous experience, but knew just what to say, to speak to him exactly the way he needed to to see my potential.

I Will be worth at least 250, 000 grand in liquid assets of my sales in 6 months, by beginning of year 1 I will have 2 projects in production at 75,000 a month.

Plus I can cast myself in every commercial I produce. It's a long way from being an actor looking for the big break like I used to be.

I am an Indigo Child,

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Originally posted by ADHDsux4me

I am an Indigo Child

Any proof ?

Indigo Children are a fad. Nothing more, nothing less.

Invented in 1999. New Age nonsense.

I Will be worth at least 250, 000 grand in liquid assets of my sales in 6 months, by beginning of year 1 I will have 2 projects in production at 75,000 a month.

Nice self-promotion. This contributes, how ?

Plus I can cast myself in every commercial I produce.

Nepotism at it's best.

I am an Indigo Child

And, I'm a hippy.

Amazed,
Lex

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Indigo Children are a fad. Nothing more, nothing less.

Invented in 1999. New Age nonsense.

Not really. Indigo kids are nothing new to the human race. Been here since humans have been on the planet. It's just being SOLD now.

I totally understand what ADHDsux is saying.

Indigo kids are "empathic". That doesn't mean that they read minds. It just means that they are in tune with the emotions of those around them. Thus I see what ADHD accomplished.

I've said this before here, what you call "Indigo Children" are nothing special. They, we, are just in tune with the emotions of those around us. No better than a Mensa member, a long ball hitter(Frank Thomas). We all have gifts. Some are just funky.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It's just another way for our species to separate ourselves from the truth that we are all one.

Some say, "I'm a Baptist" while others say, "I'm a Muslim" and now we have these poor kids being taught to say, "I'm an Indigo."

Mankind will never solve it's problems as long as we try and place ourselves on soap boxes and tell the world how special we are.

You're a human being, get over it.

For the record, I was a part of the Indigo community for many years. One thing I did learn thru it all is this:

"If you feel the need to label yourself, your not an Indigo."

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
As a parent of eight children and a product of the sixties myself...I 100% agree with Lexion, The indigo children and subsequent other colors was/is just an outgrowth of the new age movement.

As humans we all look for ways to be unique and stand out among the crowd of literally billions.

In raising such a large family I readily admit some of my kids are smart, some not so much, one is off the charts compared to the others...some are athletic, while others have no desire to play sports, some artistic, and others who could not draw a straight line....

Hell, I can remember number patterns a mile long, but dont ask me to remember your name next time we meet...it won't happen.

My point is...everyone of us is the same yet different, everyone of us has SOMETHING we excell at while something else eludes our talents completely.

The whole indigo movement was created as a ruse to dig into the pockets of the new-agers who want to feel that they are brining to mankind what we have been waiting soooo long for...saviour(s), in the form of their children...all the while they are truly just funding the latest in line of hucksters and snake oil salesmen.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I like what everyone has to say! It is all a matter of prospective and what 'you' need to advance.
I do like the idea of not categorizing yourself as separate from the whole. We are all simply a potential, the finished product comes with wisdom, keeping the ego in check and meditation.
There have always been 'old souls'. Its just that now we connect better with others of likeness.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I can't believe people are still buying this.

According to www.indigochild.com...

They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)
They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.
Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."
They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).
They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

Most of those sound like nothing more than being spoiled and self-centered to me..
The rest could apply to anyone. Also, if self-worth is not an issue, why the need to be labeled as something special? hmmm...

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The phrase "Indigo Children" came from the former husband and wife team Lee Carroll and Jan Tober, and their co-producer, James Twyman.

From SkepticReport.com: Indigo: The Color of Money

Twyman sells books and Internet course based on the Psychic Children. He holds pricey Psychic Children conferences, camps, and fairs, charging about $300 for adults for the main conference. He offers an Internet course on telekinetic spoon-bending. He purportedly conversed with Jesus ("Jeshua") who revealed to Twyman through a "Divine Partnership" the "secrets of Heaven and Earth," which Twyman turned into an Internet course for required donations -- with a suggested retail value of $150.

and a little later in the same article:

Well, certainly Twyman has asked for and collected a wealth of donations (often required and collected using guilt-pressure) and fees. He created a "registered church organization" called The Beloved Community. He purchased 42 acres of property in the local area for Psychic Children retreats, to start a Emissary of Light type of monastery, and to house workshops for his new "Seminary of Spiritual Peacemaking." He recently announced a five-year goal of 50 churches worldwide. After graduating from the seminary, Twyman suggests graduates can work with the Indigo and Psychic Children.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Indigo kids are "empathic". That doesn't mean that they read minds. It just means that they are in tune with the emotions of those around them. Thus I see what ADHD accomplished.

I've said this before here, what you call "Indigo Children" are nothing special. They, we, are just in tune with the emotions of those around us. No better than a Mensa member, a long ball hitter(Frank Thomas). We all have gifts. Some are just funky.

They are intune with Energies.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
"Indigo" - comes from the color of the aura

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Indigo children.....when i was young this was MGM, Mentally gifted minors....same same...
everyone needs assurance that there is something special about them...seperating from everyone else by "feeling" your somehow in touch with the greater powers...

The young girl artist has a gift, she is a fantastic artist. I live in china, and you can find the same or better artistry by even younger children on most street corners selling their work for a few dollars. There are also Musicians here that rival concert level at ages 7-8-9 years old and younger. Their parents are righly proud, but dont attempt to explain their child is Indigo...they spent thousands of hours practicing with and supporting their childs talent.
These are just people with a gift for certain expressions, whether it is art, or music, or mathematics, or chemistry or any other field. Nature assigns these gifts randomly, more to some than others. Assuming that somehow this is a offshoot branch of Humainty is not thought out.
Many Autistic children show incredible aptitude for music or math or other abilities...are they Indigo children..?

i am curious what the next Generation will attempt to label as the next wave of book+video+publication scheme to market that special feeling of privalege...Maybe star children....or cosmic youngsters....quantum tots...superstring pre adolescents...the possibilities abound.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join