It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Radar Phenomenon Tonight (8:15PM EDT)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I watch radar images all the time (I'm a pilot). I've seen alot of glitches and anomalies. The only reason I decided to post this is because we lost satellite TV this evening. This only happens when there is heavy precipitation to our west. There is no weather this evening. When I looked at the radar loop there is a spike that builds to the west. It's appearance correlates exactlty with the satellite TV lost signal.

Here's the image:

Radar

Any ideas? Anyone else have problems tonight with sat reception?

[edit on 13-6-2007 by jtma508]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I have directv and i havent missed a beat.
I tell you what though if it rains I get real ticked off

[edit on 13-6-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Same here earth. But there's no weather to our west at all. I just posted a link to the image. If it hadn't correlated with the sat problem exactly I wouldn't think anything of it.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
www.dxlc.com... scroll down to the picture of the sun and the corona hole and forecast this is the first time ive seen the corona hole forecast be red in quite a while this would effect our sattelites and since the report is from yesterday the radiation can reach us within 16 hours from detection.....this is just a theory

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
No problems here in

the North East. My satellite is just fine.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
To me it looks like its more to the west. Arent the satilites towards the south?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
also when solar radiation hits our magnetic fields it causes our magnetic fields to warp so its possible this is a contained incident but.....what else could it have been.....do you live near any places that maybe eperimenting with high levels of magnetism or anything like that?.....or maybe if theyres a prison in the vicinity the cell phone killers they use sometimes messes up sattelites

[edit on 13-6-2007 by justanothergangster]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
That image you are seeing is the radar capturing the sunset.

Here is a link explaining the phenomena.

Storm Prediction Center - Radar Sunsets

Hope that helps.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Thanks Tarvisk... that certainly looks like the return. And I noticed that all the WxRad in the northeast displayed similarly oriented returns at the same time. Running the radar loop, the odd return appeard at exactly the same time our satellite went out (we have Dishnetwork. we lost one of the two satellites). The service returned about 30min later at the exact time that the odd return disappeared from the radar loop. Truly weird...

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Happy I could be of help with my first posting ever on ATS!

I found myself wondering the same thing a few years ago while watching local radar, and I found that spc page a few weeks later out of the blue.

That is weird though about the satellite. No answers from me on that one!

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'm no expert on Radar, but I am in engineering...

Satellite transmissions and Radar signals operate using the same principles (EM resonance), and if I'm not mistaken, the frequencies aren't too far off from each other (Someone check that for me, I'm really tired).

I would assume that any phenomenon caused by solar radiation in which could give false readings on a radar image, could also adversely affect the signal received by a satellite dish.

It would certainly explain the correlation in time between your false radar image, and your satellite signal failing.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Hold on a second. That spike is pointing towards the NW. The sun does not set at that angle. I have been fascinated with radar anomolies for awhile, too. Check this page out:

An Enterprise Mission Article

new topics

top topics

join