It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wireless charging to arrive July 9

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well working off of this previously posted thread, it seems like the dream of wireless charging is coming to reality on July 9th of this year. Get ready to charge everything wirelessly.

Wireless charging is one of those categories of gadget that everyone has been talking about for years, companies have been demonstrating and that people actually think exists. Apple has patents for the technology. Motorola, Japan's NTT DoCoMo and many other companies are very close to rolling out cell phone handsets that use wireless charging. Even furniture maker Herman Miller is getting into the wireless charger business -- eventually. A British company called Splashpower has come up with technology that can charge multiple devices at once by simply placing the gadgets on a mousepad-like surface. Another company called WildCharge has products that work much like those from SplashPower.

Despite all this press, blogging and chatter, nobody has shipped one yet. All that is about to change.

Wireless Charging

Maybe if we are lucky, we can do away with all of those pesky power cords by the end of the decade? Any takers?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Very good post and glad to check that link.
Science has finally caught up to some basic physics

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Sounds good to me, it would be nice to deal with less cords. They're really an eyesore, and I sometimes get confused determining which cord goes to which gadget.
I just hope they don't neglect to test this technology's safety thoroughly in a rush to get it on the market.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
One thig I hate about wireless is that you continue to have to buy batteries for your mouse, Wii remote, and other equipment. I'm begging that we have such technology soon, though the battery companies would be pissed.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I saw this on the news the other day. How nice of them not to mention Nikola Tesla, the man who first came up with the transmission of power without wires. Without him, this would not have happened, and yet its been treated as a breakthrough or something lmao.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Where did you get July 9th from? thats only a few weeks away! I heard it was more like July 9th next year... they said they were still perfecting it, and would take a while for it to become widely available.

Only works up to 9 feet though :/

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
sweet, and only 100 years after Tesla was working on it. I guess it takes 100 years to figure out how to commercialize something like wireless energy.

I wonder how much longer it will take to commercialize the cure for aids.

new topics

top topics

join