It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ancient book found with unknown language

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

This is my first post... I looked and searched for this and did not see anyone else post it. Also i am typing this on my cell phone so i cannot copy and paste the info.

I was surfing the net and came across an ancient manuscript called the voynich manuscripts. It has a real flow to it just no one can read it. It has pictures of unknown plants and the thing i found odd was it only has pictures of women in it no men?

If anyone has more info on this please share it.

here is a link www.voynich.nu...

Just thought some people might be interested

[edit on 13-6-2007 by dirtyclean]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Your link is not working.

But, could it be from the days before Adam? If man was made in the image of God, that would make him eternal, but woman was made from the side of man or from his rib. She could have existed for eons before a physical man.

Just some wild thoughts to throw at you.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
It is quite interesting, but it doesn't seem like a conclusion is fast coming on this topic. After all, it the website was created 2004 and has not been updated since then.
The 'Click' addy you gave was faulty, but here is a addy that takes you right to the transcripts and the illustrations for the "Voynich MS" investigation thus far.

www.voynich.nu...

I will dig deeper into this subject matter. I have never heard of it before. Thanks.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by Allred5923]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
sorry about that. I fixed the link in the original post.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I have heard of it before. I suspect looking at your link and the pictures of manuscript pages that the illustrations have colours which are too modern.

By that I mean if you go back a couple of hundred years the range of colours which one could produce were very limited.

Have the pages ever been carbon dated ?

Until there is a carbon dating which reveals something fantastic, I would just be inclined to dismiss it as a hoax.

Hey welcome though and don't be afraid to share.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I have a feeling that this might be the work of Milo Rimbaldi
!

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Its not a hoax, the Voynich manuscript is the real deal.

As in, its probably a hoax from the renaissance era.

It was made in an era when kings, queens and nobles collected all kinds of things mystical and where happily paying for it while the people where more than willing to supply such items. You fill in the blanks...

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

This is the first time I've seen the actual pages of the manuscript and it does indeed seem to be a medieval hoax. The text is a repetition of the same words over and over again, sometimes three identical words in a row or peppered five times in a single sentence. It's not a language of any kind.

edit: This drawing (on the left) is often cited as an overhead view of our own galaxy.

But there are dozens of similar drawings in the book, so it's probably dumb luck.

[edit on 6/13/2007 by mythatsabigprobe]

[edit on 6/13/2007 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
www.museumofhoaxes.com...
this place has the best answer

Computer Scientist Gordon Rugg may have proven that the mysterious Voynich Manuscript (the famously untranslatable medieval book full of pictures of naked women) is a hoax. He theorizes that it was created by a sixteenth-century Englishman named Edward Kelley in order to con Emperor Rudolph II. Kelley could have created the book by using an encryption device called a Cardan Grille. Voynich scholars are still undecided about Rugg's theory, but whether or not Rugg is right, it should now just be a matter of time before he lapses into insanity, as many other scholars who have spent too long obsessing about the Voynich Manuscript have done.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The Voynich Manuscript is a fascinating topic. It's been discussed here before. I just tagged this thread with "voynich manuscript". Scroll down to the very bottom, click on it and it'll bring up the other threads that were similarly tagged.

pretty good book on the topic is The Friar and the Cipher: Roger Bacon and the Unsolved Mystery of the Most Unusual Manuscript in the World.

Bacon was a busy guy, what with writing all of Shakespeare's works and burying the treasure at Oak Island and all. Or was that Francis Bacon?

Doesn't much matter, but now I want a BLT. I think we've discovered lobster rolls and Oak Island are inadvisably conjoined.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I found a ton of sites last night on this. I will just post the links here. The 1st one has a ton of pictures from the manuscript.

Pictures of the manuscript

Crystal Links

apod.nasa.org

voynich.ms...

voynich.net...

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It looks like Nature worship. The naked women might be witches or sorceress.

Could it be the work of a pre-flood, materialized, angel who married human women and was later banished for the offence? These angels would not have cared about the human men of that era. There would have been one common language before the flood that would have been lost at the Tower of Babel. Nothing like that would have survived the flood, that was from the rebels, so it must be a channeled work.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I just had this wild idea. What if the manuscript was not written by people. With a lack of better word, "alien's scrap book" while visiting planet earth. See how it's written in language that no one understands.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by damefool
I just had this wild idea. What if the manuscript was not written by people. With a lack of better word, "alien's scrap book" while visiting planet earth. See how it's written in language that no one understands.

That would be the eqvivalent of a modern archeologist taking notes on stones tablets by chipping in heiroglyphs.

Besides, it depicts things that doesnt exist. You'd think aliens would be a little more accurate in their report.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I found this article to be very interesting!

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Hoax??? Where's even a shred of proof of this being a hoax? I am not saying it's legit either but it seems that a lot of great minds have taken to studying this with little luck getting a conclusion. That thing must have taken forever to make too, all of that time and effort for a hoax back in the old days? I'll be interested to see if anybody here at ATS has studied it personally. Nice thread!

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moserious
That thing must have taken forever to make too, all of that time and effort for a hoax back in the old days?

When you earn half a bent copper coin a month, getting showered in 500 gold pieces for a book that a king buys is makes it worth the effort.

The biggest evidence its a hoax? It doesnt make sense, period. Its a freakin BOOK after all. Why is it even encrypted? Because you're not supposed to read it, that's why. You're supposed to be fascinated.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by merka]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I actually have a book on this, one which I have yet to read. However, from my understanding of the Voynch manuscripts, it is probably some alchemical text.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It's an interesting little book, that's for sure. I have done some research into it, but it quickly loses my interest because as of now it has yet to be indentified. The earliest mention of the book was in a mid-17th Century letter from Georg Baresch (an Alchemist) to Athanasius Kircher (cryptographer who deciphered Heiroglyphic texts), and shortly thereafter Kircher was given the book and for about 200 years there was no further historical records of the Manuscript until around 1912 when Wilfrid Voynich bought it. It is thought to date from the early part of the 16th Century, but this apparently has never been proven, and I personally think it is nothing but an educated guess. The reason being is that the style of the illustrations do look to be late Medieval/Early Renaissance. However, most of the history of the book is all pure speculation and I have heard the names of Roger Bacon, John Dee, and Jakub Horcicky among others being touted as the authors of the Manuscript. Again, I see no proof that any of these men were the authors of the script or any other works but their own. On a side note about Roger Bacon; just compare Roger Bacon's writings to those of Shakespeare as has been suggested he was the author and you will see remarkable differences in their writing styles. So much so that it makes it pretty hard to believe Bacon was the author of Shakespeare's works.

As for the Voynich Manuscript, it seems to be a quite odd coincidence that a man such as Georg Baresch, an Alchemist himself, was the first documented possessor of this script and that the illustrations are very Alchemical in nature. There is no documented proof of the existance of the Manuscript before his letters and thus anyone investigating where the Manuscript came from is left with no further information precluding his ownership. I have always had the feeling that the Manuscript was a hoax or "gag" if you will that Baresch was playing on Kircher. Kircher was one of the most notorious Cryptographers of his day (although most of his suppositions are now considered to be wrong and were usurped by Descartes shortly after his time) and a leader in the field of Egyptology. By the standards of the day he was considered to be the scientific equal of Leonardo Da Vinci, and there would be good reason for someone to try and take him down from his pedestal as the pinnacle of scientific reasoning. I will put forth the idea that Baresch created the document to try and hide the failings of his own brand of "science", by trying to make a fool of one of the leading scientists of the day: Kircher.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
It's an interesting little book, that's for sure. I have done some research into it, but it quickly loses my interest because as of now it has yet to be indentified.

Yeah, the Voynch manuscript, while it certainly is mysterious, has never really piqued my interest enough for me to study it in-depth. It is just one of those subjects, at least to me,that is intriguing but not interesting enough to spend massive amounts of time on.

Like I said, from my understanding, it's probably some alchemical formula text.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join