It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you vote for Jesus as President?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Given that George Bush and his cronies are hard right born-again Christians, and the religious right in America seem to hold a lot of sway in politics I have been pondering a serious question.

They all claim that Jesus is their saviour and God, but think about this:

If Jesus was alive today and living in America, would these people vote in as president a 33 year old, Middle Eastern looking liberal Jew?

I think not, which once again highlights the hypocrisy of these Christian fundamentalist.

So what would you do? Vote for Jesus, or brand him a terrorist?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Jesus wasn't liberal. But if you actually read the bible you would know that Jesus would never accept citizenship of anykind except that of Heaven.
Too many hidden adhesion contracts putting the "state" above God's laws.
Remember HE was offered roman citizenship to protect HIM from Herod.
Got to be a citizen to be president.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by BattleofBatoche]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
As the above poster pointed out - Christ isn't an 'American citizen' so wouldn't be qualified according to the laws of this country - but more importantly - He Himself said that His kingdom wasn't of this world.

"give to Ceaser what is Ceasers and give to God what is God's'

Christ wouldn't run.

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
Given that George Bush and his cronies

Biased, eh?

I think not, which once again highlights the hypocrisy of these Christian fundamentalist.

You aren't really asking a question are you? Just ranting against Christian fundamentalists. You already branded them hypocrites .. and none have even answered the question yet.

(btw - I'm not a fundamentalist)

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

How can your delusional thought processes highlight anything but your delusional thought processes, much less the supposed hypocrisy of Christian fundamentalists?

[edit on 2007/6/11 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Oh, come on --- give WatchNLearn a break.

It's a valid question in today's climate. Many will regard it as an interesting question. Given a chance, it will cause many to stop and think. Isn't that why we're here on ATS ?

And the OP is spot-on about quite a lot.

For example, has anyone heard Bush acknowledge that ' Jesus would never accept citizenship of any kind except that of Heaven' ?

To the contrary: Bush implies Jesus/God has a personal interest in the US and its conquest of its enemies, the alleged 'evil doers'. And millions believe him.

Given that George Bush and his cronies are hard right born-again Christians, and the religious right in America seem to hold a lot of sway in politics I have been pondering a serious question.

They all claim that Jesus is their saviour and God, but think about this:

If Jesus was alive today and living in America, would these people vote in as president a 33 year old, Middle Eastern looking liberal Jew?

So what would you do? Vote for Jesus, or brand him a terrorist?

All good questions; interesting questions; valid questions, under the circumstances.

Shame Bush isn't up to the task of stating: ' Listen, I doubt God/Jesus would approve of what I/we are doing here. But we don't give a damn. We're doing it anyway. And if you're silly enough to believe that I/we are acting with Divine accord, then hey --- fool you twice ! Now watch this swing ..... '

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well, as someone who has said that Jesus probably looked more like Osama bin Laden than what the traditional depictions portray, I suppose I will chime in here.

As far as whether a fundamentalist would vote for Jesus, I don't claim to know. The question that you asked is, "Would you vote for Jesus for president?"

Given that I really don't think that Jesus would be a candidate in a political campaign, I think it is rather a moot point. However, I suspect that if given the option I would.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I would not vote for Jesus as President. Jesus refused to show aggression right up to the point that he was crucified. In the current world climate, if we had a leader that would not use aggression in any situation, we would be overrun by our enemies within the first half of his term.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Jesus wasn't liberal.

he was for taxation (give to caesar what is his...)
he was for the seperation of church and state (and unto god what is god's)
he was a pacifist (the majority of pacifists are on the left... the really far left)
he was against the death penalty
he was anti-corporations (money people in the temple)
he was for social programs and equality through giving (But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed,
because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just. [Luke 14:13 &14.])
he was against public displays of faith (matthew 6:6-7)

looks like a liberal to me...

edit to add: forgot to answer the question.
yes, i would vote for jesus the man.

[edit on 6/12/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well, I'm not sure Jesus would particularly want to run for political office, I see him (in modern times)
as more being sort of a mixture between Gandhi and a Hippie (which is a good thing),
but if he was alive today, than yeah, I'd vote for him.

Mind you I also believe he was just a good-hearted preacher man, and not divine in any way,
though he may have achieved enlightenment, not sure, but yeah.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
When Jesus was here on earth, He was kinda in an election a couple of times.

The 1st time the people were asked to choose between Him and Barabbus, they chose Barabbus.

The 2nd time they were asked who their king was and they chose Caesar.

Now bring it up to date in our time. You, me, the guy next to you, the lady you see walking down the street tomorrow, we are in on this election also.
This election is taking place right here in the USA, in Sri Lanka, China, Russia and every other country on earth and in every time period that has ever existed.

You either "vote" Jesus in as your Lord and Savior or you don't. You may have the opprtunity to change your ballot choice, but there is no guarantee you will be offered that chance.

Jesus is not running For President of the U.S.

He's running for "President" of your heart and life.

He already is King of the entire universe, the question is will you be one of the elect in His universe.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Vote for Jesus? You must be joking

Put the military under the charge of a pacifist whose idea of defence is to turn the other cheek?

Put the economy under the charge of the guy who, judging by the Sermon on the Mount, was against agriculture, industrial production and saving?

You must be joking.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Yeah, but if you put in a bakery and a fishing pond at the White House world hunger would be obliterated in a matter of days.

Vote for Jesus for president - in a heartbeat.

(P.S. I find it odd that you think Christians view Jews as terrorists. A bit misguided there, aren't you?)

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
TEST post as requested by VALHALL.

TEST TEST TEST

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Jesus isn't a citizen of the United States, he doesn't meet the minimum age requirement.

*I* would not vote for Jesus because i believe in separation of church and state, and well... If Jesus IS the father, that's kinda hard to separate.

top topics

join