It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals like Christ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
From what I have read on this site, it seems as if the author knows what he is talking about. His views on Jesus Christ are similar to my own.

What about the Christians on ATS - what are your opinions ?

People who imagine that Jesus of Nazareth is, was, or ever would be a "Conservative", need to take another hard look at the gospels, which portray Jesus as one of the most Liberal religious leaders who ever lived. Jesus was a preacher who, in three short years, so infuriated the conservative leaders of his day, ( because he constantly exposed their misuse of their religious and political authority over the people ), that they had him killed to prevent the people from hearing the very liberal teaching that you will see quoted in his own words on this web site !

Far from representing the teaching of Jesus of Nazareth, today's "Religious Right" is the reincarnation of the very same kind of clerics who fought with Jesus from the day he opened his mouth in public until the day they had him nailed to cross.

Liberals like Christ

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Jesus wasnt into politics. This is digusting.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Actually, he lived and taught in a time of intense nationalism and social unrest. Contrary to the popular portrait of Jesus standing aloof from governmental concerns and calling his disciples to an apolitical life, he took a keen interest in issues of power and status, and taught on subjects as secular as taxation and civil disobedience.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Although I do agree in a sense he was extreamly liberal, he also had a conservative side. His message was for everyone. He wanted the world to come to God, especially after the Jewish leaders refused him. He would eat with tax collectors, prostitutes, and noblemen.

However, he also wouldn't stand by when God's law was violated. For instance telling Peter "Behind me Satan!" and busting up the temple for selling within it's walls. He was a stickler for the laws, but he wanted the laws to be known to everyone.

In short, I think everyone should love Christ. But as far as political views of today relating to the man that was Christ, I think both apply.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePook

From what I have read on this site, it seems as if the author knows what he is talking about. His views on Jesus Christ are similar to my own.

What about the Christians on ATS - what are your opinions ?

People who imagine that Jesus of Nazareth is, was, or ever would be a "Conservative", need to take another hard look at the gospels, which portray Jesus as one of the most Liberal religious leaders who ever lived. Jesus was a preacher who, in three short years, so infuriated the conservative leaders of his day, ( because he constantly exposed their misuse of their religious and political authority over the people ), that they had him killed to prevent the people from hearing the very liberal teaching that you will see quoted in his own words on this web site !

Far from representing the teaching of Jesus of Nazareth, today's "Religious Right" is the reincarnation of the very same kind of clerics who fought with Jesus from the day he opened his mouth in public until the day they had him nailed to cross.

Liberals like Christ

This is a lot of crap. Jesjuah wasn't liberal at all. Anyone who has studied the Gospel with their brains turned on would notice that Jesjuah was infact an adversary of the Talmud and all the Levitical additions to the Law of Mosche. He taught the Law in it's purest form. Like Mosche himself taught it. He was rightious, not liberal. He was rightious and infact extremely pedantic.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlecEiffel
Jesus wasnt into politics. This is digusting.

Jesjah wasn't into politics? well that's the best one I have heared. He was the king for God's sake. Christ means King. Since when weren't kings into politics?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

top topics

join