It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Sydney Australia - i am Anthony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hello there people,

just thought i would introduce myself - im Anthony from Sydney Australia. I hope to be able to contribute in a worthwhile way to the boards and not take offense to those who have differing opinions to me. What i have noticed over the past few weeks is that some people resort to ridiculing others who may see things different which i think is unfortunate.

I believe if we are secure in ourselves as a person, then being presented with an opinion from another that differs to our own will not result in name calling or treating that person with disrespect. I find the more emotionally attached a person is to their own opinion, the less evidence they have to support it.

Look forward to getting to know you all

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Welcome, the titor experience!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here are some Important Website-Related Threads.

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
the titor experience, Above Top Secret has an abundance of really-good Moderators and caring owners. In my time here little slips by these people that I have seen.
Welcome to Above Top Secret. Enjoy !

Dallas

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Welcome to abovetopsecret

have a nice stay

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Thank you for the warm welcome guys

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Welcome mate.
Gidday from Crows Nest NSW
The world is not so small after all

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Sorry Anthony... You're a week too late. You needed to be here last week when I stroked the ego of all Australians about repulsing Iranian borders in the Gulf.

Oh and the other rule you have to know here is don't use my toothbrush or I'll eat you.

"nit...nit...nit...nit" - Hanibal Lecter

Obey that rule and we'll get on just fine.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Welcome fello Aussie. It's good to have another neighbour on the scene.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Sorry Anthony... You're a week too late. You needed to be here last week when I stroked the ego of all Australians about repulsing Iranian borders in the Gulf.

Oh and the other rule you have to know here is don't use my toothbrush or I'll eat you.

"nit...nit...nit...nit" - Hanibal Lecter

Obey that rule and we'll get on just fine.

I will agree to not use your toothbrush if you agree to never, ever, eat my yoghurt in the fridge. If not i fear it could turn into an all out war where i use your toothbrush to clean the toilet and put it back for you to use and you squirt bodily fluids into my yoghurt unbenknownst to me.

ewwwww, i just grossed myself out

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slaine01
Welcome mate.
Gidday from Crows Nest NSW
The world is not so small after all

Ahh good old crows nest - i used to live in Wollstoncraft. Now in Ryde.

It is indeed a small world

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dingleberry77
Welcome fello Aussie. It's good to have another neighbour on the scene.

Indeed, straight back at you

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   

ewwwww, i just grossed myself out

err ... medication helps. have you been taking any ?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Introduction for Americans to Aussie humour:

A bloke's wife goes missing while diving off the West Australian coast.
He reports the event, searches fruitlessly and spends a terrible night wondering what could have happened to her.

Next morning there's a knock at the door and he is confronted by a couple of policemen, the old Sarge and a younger Constable.

The Sarge says, 'Mate, we have some news for you, unfortunately some really bad news, but, some good news, and maybe some more good news'.
'Well,' says the bloke, 'I guess I'd better have the bad news first?'

The Sarge says, 'I'm really sorry mate, but your wife is dead. Young Bill here found her lying at about five fathoms in a little cleft in the reef. He got a line around her and we pulled her up, but she was dead.'

The bloke is naturally pretty distressed to hear of this and has a bit of a turn. But after a few minutes he pulls himself together and asks what the good news is.

The Sarge says, 'Well when we got your wife up there were quite a few really good sized crays (crayfish = lobster) and a swag of nice crabs attached to her, so we've brought you your share.'

He hands the bloke a sugar bag with a couple of nice crays and four or five crabs in it.

'Geez thanks. They're bloody beauties. I guess it's an ill wind and all that... So what's the other possible good news?

'Well', the Sarge says, 'if you fancy a quick trip, me and young Bill here get off duty at around 11 o'clock and we're gonna shoot over there and pull her up again!

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Lol i havent heard that one before but its a beauty

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Maybe we should keep this thread going with more Ocker humour ?
Are you game ?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
An American tourist pulls over the Hertz car in the middle of nowhere for a pee. Suddenly a bloke jumps out from behind a tree, pointing a shotgun at him. “Pull yourself off”, he orders.

“What?”

“Masturbate. Right now!”

Nervously, the tourist obliges.

“Now, do it again”.

“I can’t do it again”

“DO it again!”

So the tourist masturbates for a second time.

“Okay, once more”

“I couldn’t do it once more, no matter what. You may as well shoot me.”

“No, that’s fine. Now you can give my sister a lift to the next town.”

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
^^ LOL

Hi Anthony...I'm from Sydney too.
I'm not game to give my suburb though.
The walls have ears.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hi the titor experience, welcome to Above Top Secret.

Dallas

top topics

join