It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what movies would you like to see made ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What movies would you like to see made ?

personally i would like to see a sequel to John Carpenters "THE THING"

What would you like to see made ?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I would love to see a muti-billion dollar crack at the disc-world series, I know there is a lot of books but a good script writer could blend one of two together for each film.

There was talk of a film years ago, but it never happened. the technology must be there now to do it.

SR

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'd personally like to see a movie on 100 Bullets or a series.

en.wikipedia.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">100 Bullets

[edit on 9-6-2007 by SR]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
i would love to see dragonball series, first dragonball, dragonballz, then dragonball gt. also inuyasha, a new super mario bros, that one would have to be like the game for it to be awesome though. not like the on that was made in the 90's, i bet i could make a better one than that. guardian legend, amagon, or need for speed underground 1 and 2

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
With all due respect to the OP, I generally loathe sequels. I thought John Carpenter's ending of The Thing was great -- I like a movie that doesn't spell everything out and leaves you guessing, like a lot of the Japanese and Korean horror does these days.

I would like to see a series of Stephen King's Dark Tower series for certain. Colleen McCullough handled the end of the Roman Empire so well in her series about Marius, Sulla, and J. Caesar, I think they might be good too.

Kim Stanley Robinson's Red Mars would be a wonderful flick, too.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I would like to see a movie about a junkie that sees the image of Christ in his morning pancakes and decides to turn his life around and help poor people in Lubbock, Texas. But life intrudes and he meets a beautiful woman that can see the future and manipulate the space time continuum.

They decide that all that fooling around with space and time is lame so they start a Chihuahua breeding farm and live the good life for awhile.

to be continued........

oops, sorry, you meant a sequel; not a screen play. nevermind....

[edit on 11-6-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I would like to see some of Sandra Brown's books made into movies. One I think would be good is Led Astray, or The Crush. Course this would probably be a lifetime kind of movie... but I would enjoy it.

Also the Sue Grafton novels would be interesting movies.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I would love to see some of Terry Brook's books made into a movie. I just read the trilogy of the Jerle Shannarah and loved it. For those of you unfamiliar with his books, he's a fantasy writer. Very well done and imaginative. This one was especially good because it took it a step further and explained that the majick and wizardry came after the apocolypse.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Movies on the Saga of Seven suns books would be awesome. I've only read one of the books, but it was so good I'm gonna go and buy them all soonish.

A movie based in one the Warhammer universes would be cool as well, they both have an immense history that has been like 30 years in the making.

Either of the two would be awesome.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I want to see a sequel to Big Trouble in Little China...

A long time ago, when Vampires was just a trailer...at a convention we asked John Carpenter about it and he said a distinct "NO"...but hey, a guy can dream right? Maybe after Kurt's turn in Grindhouse, John will change his mind....and reintroduce Jack Burton to a whole new generation....

I'd love to see a Dungeons & Dragons movie made:
1. well, not that piece of crap that came out
2. based on the old 80's cartoon or one of the novels in an actual game setting, not one they pulled out of their arses....

A Buck Rogers revamp, similar to how BSG was retooled (but without the seriousness....I'm a purist, I want to see space battles in my space sci-fi, go figure?)

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedDanDoc

What movies would you like to see made ?

personally i would like to see a sequel to John Carpenters "THE THING"

What would you like to see made ?

Oh man, I was just saying that to my friend last night!!
He just got the HD verison of The Thing!! Great movie!!
I want to see the next one!! fo sho!

Or another good idea would be a World of Warcraft movie

And I think they could make a Darth Vader movie..
Showing what he did between the 18 years when Luke was growing up.
It would be interesting to see what evil things he did all that time

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie
I would love to see some of Terry Brook's books made into a movie. I just read the trilogy of the Jerle Shannarah and loved it. For those of you unfamiliar with his books, he's a fantasy writer. Very well done and imaginative. This one was especially good because it took it a step further and explained that the majick and wizardry came after the apocolypse.

I would like to see a series of movies based on Brooks' "Magic Kingdom of Landover" series. I really enjoyed those and think they would make a great series of fantasy films, with the right cast and director; Peter Jackson or Steven Speilberg, maybe?

My other picks would be Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land" and Philip Jose Farmer's " River World" series starting with "To Your Scattered Bodies Go".

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

What can I say

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
As you can probably gather from the avatar, I'd like to see The Mote In Gods Eye by Niven&Pournelle made into a movie.

Until the advent of cgi, this would have been pretty hard (barring some REALLY bad costumes) as the moties are unlike anything you have seen before.

BTW - if anyone knows where you can get a picture of a motie, I'd be eternally gratefull!

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Thundercats! Now there's an awesome idea.... base it on the pilot, and you're good to go....

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well, a coupe of you beat me to it, Dragonball Z/GT and Warhammer40k would be awesome. Warhammer40k would be easier to adapt to a movie, but overall, I'd have to say the movie I'd like to see made then would be a Mobile suit Gundam movie.

Or perhaps another mad max movie, something in between 1&2. Or perhaps a sequel featuring the little kid with the boomerang.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I would absolutely love to see a wizard of oz remake, that would be so cool. Maybe even a Fresh Prince of Bel-air movie (although i don't know how that would work without it being cheesy). A Half-life 1 and 2 movie. Also, Kingdom hearts would make a great Disney movie (although it will probably never happen).

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I would love to see an Assyrian movie about their wars and conquers.
There are none that I see out! I would also love to see a Futurama movie!

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
A remake of FORBIDDEN PLANET is long overdue.

Ditto for THE UNINVITED.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

I would like to see a series of Stephen King's Dark Tower series for certain. .

stole the words right out of my mouth! it would have to be epic though! 7 books!
but man, it would be awesome. especially if peter jackson or someone did it.

i'd at least like to see gunslinger made into a movie i think i would be content with that.

for the longest time i wanted a slaughterhouse five movie made but then i found out they made it and i saw it and i must say i was a bit disappointed. i call for a remake! cats cradle would be cool too

new topics

top topics

join