It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

we are the remaining 5% of life after Dino impact meteor wiped 95% life out

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
we are the remaining 5% of life after Dino impact meteor wiped 95% life out, so some mythical beasts couldve been real at one point but extinct now.




posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
1) 15% of species survived.
2) It was 65 million years ago. Human civilization is only a few thousands years old. Do the math.

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by Esoterica]



posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
wow.....just....wow......



posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It wasnt a meteor that killed the dinosaurs it was the large gas leaks under the ocean (took 100 years) that killed the dinosaurs this was proven on a BBC documentary..ill try get more info!



posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Davedarave
It wasnt a meteor that killed the dinosaurs it was the large gas leaks under the ocean (took 100 years) that killed the dinosaurs this was proven on a BBC documentary..ill try get more info!


You wont find any more "proof" to that theory than anyother



posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
still if we are the remaining 15% its alot of life, just think how differant things could be if the other 85% didnt die out.



posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
we are the remaining 5% of life after Dino impact meteor wiped 95% life out, so some mythical beasts couldve been real at one point but extinct now.


I dont understand you blobby. You say things like this as if they are fact. Then you write one sentence in a post about them.

Heres MY OPINION on your thoughts. If this meteor wiped out 95 percent of life on earth. Then the remaining animals on earth would constitute 100% of the life on earth. From there new species would spring up and life would evolve to what it is today.

As far as the mythical beasts existing at some point in time:

Things like "the lochness monster" surely did exist at one time. Same with the sabre toothed tiger, and Tyrannosaurus. These creatures existied at that time, and are now extinct just like you said. The only problem with this is that people claim to see this mythical beasts today, if you are refering to big foot, or the ever so famous chupacabra. So therefore they couldn't have gone extinct. That is if people really see them. The truth is that these creatures are at the very least figmants of our imaginations.

If they are real, then they couldnt have gone extinct because people claim to have seen them. If not, then they are our imaginary friends that allow us to go on searching further frontiers in life (endlessly).

Just as kids like to go explore wooded areas, and cave divers like to explore unknown caves, people who cant do these things anymore, because there is nothing left choose to make things to search for. Its amazing, with all the people out there who believe big foot exists, (and creatures of the likes of that), that no person has been able to find one.



posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
news.nationalgeographic.com... e.html

These guys have always been there, but nobody saw them until the past year. Not too big a stretch to say that a small group of primates could survive in remote regions on the pacific northwest,




top topics



 
0

log in

join