It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you have to eat but all there are is other people..what do you do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
pick a scenerio...

whatever, crashed in the andes or lost at sea or broe from the prison camp in australia and all that are there are your friends or other people, strangers, whatever...

very simple...and i know none of us could actually know unless we were in the scenerio, but take a guess.

quite simply, in that situation, would you eat another human?
only if they were already dead or would you kill them to eat them?

i'd eat a human and i would kill them to eat them if i was in that senerio. simle as that. i need to live.

you?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
So you would kill a nice person who has done you no harm just to survive?
And you would kill a little kid then eat them just so your asz would make it. Thats kinda cowardly isnt it?
If the person was dead already thats different imo.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
"......... with fava beans and a nice Chianti."

Not even to survive man. I hear people taste like Soylent Green and that's not chicken.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
"......... with fava beans and a nice Chianti."

Not even to survive man. I hear people taste like Soylent Green and that's not chicken.

Ok Intrepid...get out of my head. You beat me to the punch line!

Wiping smile off my face now....

If there were only people to eat? NO THANKS! I say this with a sound mind and full tummy. However...

I'm sure we've all heard stories/movies concerning survival, and I wonder what the hell goes on in peoples' minds when they chow down on their buddy.

The point of being severly hungry probably supercedes all rational, spiritual and otherwise civilized thoughts that would prohibit one to do this IMO heinous act under 'normal every day conditions'.

We can swear up and down to all thats Holy that we'd never EVER pull this off, but when it all comes out in the wash, how many would actually DO this?

The instinct for SURVIVAL is pretty strong with human beings.

In some cultures, "If it's not nailed down, it's probably on the dinner plate".

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I would definately kill someone and eat them if it meant my own survival. I wouldnt even hesitate for a second. Its either we all die of starvation, or you all die and I live. This is a no brainer.

Canabalism has existed thoughout history, both in times of hardship and times of plenty.

Maybe this is why there are so many fat people in america...

...Food for thought

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm with where2hide... there are times when you have to be a team player and times when you just gotta be out for yourself. generally its nice to help others and situation permitting i will do everything possible to help. however, if its a dire situation and its between you or me surviving, im gonna eat you and im gonna like it.

the real complication comes when its a loved one, would you eat your spouse, your child? would you sacrifice yourself for them to eat? this i cant say for sure... somethings just cant be thought of until they happen.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
There's nothing like a very empty belly to change morals. Most people in the west have never been even moderately hungry.

Grubs, rodents, insects, tree bark, cat, shoe leather, neighbors, you get hungry enough you will eat whatever you can chew and swallow.

Say what you will now, once true hunger sets in, if your morals haven't let you get so weak you can't trap another human, you'll be cooking up long pork and like it.

Personally, it would be a last resort, and since I will eat most anything that an omnivore can digest, I ought not face that too soon. But I'm a realist, so I would.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'd just look for another way to survive until I starved to death. I wouldn't even eat another person if they were already dead. That's just nasty. Besides, I'd probably lose my lunch if I even tried to eat human flesh.

I don't think my survival instinct is as strong as most. Death doesn't worry me much, so if I end up stranded on a desert island without food and I keel over... no biggy.
I'll forever haunt the person who eats me though!

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I have to admit this is a pretty damn sick thread. Would you eat a person? Would you eat a loved one? Would you let your loved ones to eat you?

I think if you consider going to these extremes, you're no longer human. I don't care that canibalism has been practiced in the past, KEY WORD "past", eating a fellow human is just wrong. Once you go there imo you cease being human.

Why is YOUR life so damn important that you would cross a line that most wouldn't? Or is it just a role playing thing? How far would you go to survive?

What's on the menu btw?

Fillet of father?
Mutton of mother?
Steak of stranger?
Sirloin of son?

Sick # imo. I'd rather starve. NO ONE is that damn important.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I have to admit this is a pretty damn sick thread. Would you eat a person? Would you eat a loved one? Would you let your loved ones to eat you?

I think if you consider going to these extremes, you're no longer human. I don't care that canibalism has been practiced in the past, KEY WORD "past", eating a fellow human is just wrong. Once you go there imo you cease being human.

Why is YOUR life so damn important that you would cross a line that most wouldn't? Or is it just a role playing thing? How far would you go to survive?

What's on the menu btw?

Fillet of father?
Mutton of mother?
Steak of stranger?
Sirloin of son?

Sick # imo. I'd rather starve. NO ONE is that damn important.

I think if your little boy was starving you might reconsider eating the dead pilots ham.
It is sick I agree but starvation would definitly change your morals. I would do anything for my 2 kids. I would kill myself before I would kill another person though.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
I think if your little boy was starving you might reconsider eating the dead pilots ham.
It is sick I agree but starvation would definitly change your morals. I would do anything for my 2 kids. I would kill myself before I would kill another person though.

Sorry mate, I disagree. I'd rather have my family die with the dignity of a Camp victim than survive as a Hannibal. Humanity means something imo.

Maybe we've lost something in this Hollywood age. :shk:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What is so humane about being dead? I would do whatever it took to save my kids. Granted I would tell them it was hog or deer. No harm in that and they live on to live another day. Better than death.
Thats not hollywood thats fact.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
What is so humane about being dead?

People die every day man. From disease. From accidents. From an ecosystem that can't support life anymore. From old age.

"Humane" is a good word, do you know the root word? "Human." I don't recall in any of the reading that I have done that eating fellow "humans" was acceptable. I recall it in Stephen King's work though. You know what he mostly writes? HORROR.

I would shudder to think that "human"ity would have sunk to this level. If it has, we're all doomed.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Sorry mate, I disagree. I'd rather have my family die with the dignity of a Camp victim than survive as a Hannibal. Humanity means something imo.

well, guess i know who ill be eating...

in all seriousness, life didn't get to where it is today by being morally correct. morals are a human invention. to insure the survival of your own kind sometimes you need to reach for the extremes and be resourceful. eating human is just another resource, IMO. no one said you had to enjoy it, but as a last resort it may be the only way.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
ide rather die quickly of starvation then slowly of aids.....or something like that

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

ide rather die quickly of starvation

you don't die quickly from starvation, you suffer for weeks while your body eats itself and then you slip into a coma. subsequently your organs fail. it is said that the last effects of starvation are euphoria as your body begins to shut down and you go into a malnourished shock, but it sucks leading up to then.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
You see, that's what I mean. Right now, everyone is thinking with a full belly, so to speak. You're not into the point where the brain itself is deciding which services to shut down in your body, just to maintain life a while longer.

The instinct to survive is overwhelmingly strong in most people. This wouldn't be about decisions that you sit down and make. Your 'hind brain' will decide for you, and you'll be having Cheesy Chuck half ate before you know what you're doing. We didn't survive so long as a species because we thought everything out like Mr. Spock on Star Trek.

Now the difference comes in how you handle the guilt afterwards. Once your belly is full, and your nutritional needs are met enough to let your brain start having some luxury time to think about what you did, then you could be in trouble.

But trust me, a lot of you who shudder at the idea now, would be hunting the big pot when/if that day comes.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
not nearly as bad as aids where you suffer for years contracting nearly every pathogen you come into contact with plus doesnt it kind of depend on who your with? imean youd think eating the biggest guy would hold you over for a while but were not that nutritious at all its more than just eating its getting nutrients and amino acids from what you eat

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

"Humane" is a good word, do you know the root word? "Human." I don't recall in any of the reading that I have done that eating fellow "humans" was acceptable. I recall it in Stephen King's work though. You know what he mostly writes? HORROR.

I would shudder to think that "human"ity would have sunk to this level. If it has, we're all doomed.

Isnt being humane an alleviation of suffering.

If everyone thought as you then we would be doomed because we would all starve to death.(in this particular scenerio)

All immoral people will be fat with morals in the end.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm gonna' start selling health food cookbooks. Recipes for how to cook all those nutritious health food junkies that have looked with disdain on me and my Big Mac.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join