It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You -will- understand the 10th Dimension

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Many of you have read 'Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions' by Edwin Abbot.

But we know that the real world has up to seven dimensions. String theory says we may have 10 or 11 dimensions, but humans seem to be able to experience just up to the 3rd dimension with knowledge of the 4th dimension.

After visiting the website below, you will successfully comprehend the 10th dimension

[edit on 6-6-2007 by Badge01]

[edit on 6-6-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
wow. I got it all. That actually did make a lot of sense. They should put that in every highschool text book. The idea of 7, 8 , 9, 10 dimensions is very much more tied into conciousness and realitly to me... especially the whole part about what we observe is what becomes our reality. very interesting. can observation and perspective alone help us go from dimension to dimension?

lot of neato questions that site brings up. gets me wondering about the universes again.

very cool link thanks Badge.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I was surprised that I understood so much about dimensions. they really break it down for you. pretty cool.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I've always loved that site. You really need to let the dimensions sink in and not think about them too much or else you get left behind. The one that used to hang me up was the multiple infinities. I also assumed they would be defined by duration of a single infinity at any given moment.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
thanks for sharing, from a dot to a dot.

Great post

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Do you suppose that is part of the reason why we only use a minute portion of our brains capacity? If you do the math and if the calculations are correct then 6% or even 10% in relation to dimensional levels or realms would mean that there are at least 1,000 dimensional levels coexisting here and we have only begun to approach infinity.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guess its that time again to revive this video.

Well I like the idea of it, how it simplifies things so well. Yet I always wonder how people could so easily explain such things, that we as humans, cannot even percieve let alone explain. These are just theories until they can actually prove them.

I doubt the inner workings of the universe can be truly be explained so easily.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
I've always loved that site. You really need to let the dimensions sink in and not think about them too much or else you get left behind. The one that used to hang me up was the multiple infinities. I also assumed they would be defined by duration of a single infinity at any given moment.

While I was at the site I experienced a couple 'scary' realizations, mainly related to how 'BIG' everything was, but they passed. (whew).

It's not just hard to put your head around how far it is to the next galaxy, or to the next supercluster, let alone the vast size of the Multiverse.

Sometimes I'm amazed at simple things in comparison, like finding a piece of chalk that's been balanced at the edge of my workbench for ten years and never moved a millimeter. A stable miniverse within an incredibly vast and chaotic multiverse.

Edit: Found a fav picture from the National Geo magazine June 1983. It shows the progression from the Solar System in the lower right corner and then to the MW galaxy, then the local cluster, the super cluster and then the whole known Universe.

(sorry it's too small to read the titles)

[edit on 31-7-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well I just watched the very cool video. It says that what we view as infinity breaks off at the 7th dimension. I just wish I had been less interested in enjoying life and studied harder in college because now that we have so many new visions of our reality I am finally listening.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Infinity just does not break off. It is a state and does not stop in one dimension because of another unless that other encapsulates it. Infinity just does not break off, no matter how convenient that may be........

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Agree'd it would not be 'infinity' if it did break off. Yet as stated in the video one possible probability would be for it to multiply through change and choice and continue to create more infinities. I could see that. Why not as many infinities as dimensional levels of existance?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Im not buying it..I buy it all the way up to the 3rd dimension. I have a hard "time" accepting that time is the fourth dimension. Who says? Let alone all the ones that followed it. Just seems like a lot of guess work from 5th-10th. That video comes off as if its the gospel.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Euclidean geometry has no basis in reality, it's just mathematical hooha, 2d geometry is a mental construct, it only exists in the mind.
I love the graphic though.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Thank you Badge01 for a great post. It helped me visualize a few things.
I did get a slight headache no lie. Makes me feel even more connected to everyone else and may explain why people sense things outside of themselves, and speak in terms of higher selves .HMM wonder if thats why everyone has a certain personal space..2-3 ft..well lots of good stuff for discussion on this post..Thanx
Sys

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
as an aside, if anyone does wish to read or reread flatland then it is available online free (no copyright invlolved) here - www.geom.uiuc.edu...

also, this should be interesting... a movie has been made of the book ... www.flatlandthemovie.com... great trailer on there if you want to see it

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
AArgh, that ebook is giving me a headache.
The flowery wording just goes around in circles. (no pun intended)
I will try to read more later, but first I may give the movie trailer a shot.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
Euclidean geometry has no basis in reality, it's just mathematical hooha, 2d geometry is a mental construct, it only exists in the mind.

I agree totally with this statement. Whilst i thought the video was entertaining, it serves no real purpose by stating such bold claims.

To instantly claim the 4th dimension is equal to time is a fantastic example of human arrogance when it comes to reality. As far as im concerned, time is a mental construct, and is not something that be relied upon as a measuring stick when dealing with higher dimensions. If we were totally concscious and remembered everything about our existence, time would cease to have meaning. Time only exists when your creating, and from the human perspective, thats 24/7, because we have don't have perfect memory, and can't remember holographically what we've just done a second before..

Also, spatial dimensions are no more real than in a dream, because when it comes down to it, the world you "see" around you is not actually there. It mite appear very real, and it mite appear to have definite edges and boundaries, but that is not the case i assure you. The trouble with videos like this one is it does not deal with the other sides to the story, such as consciousness itself, and how that plays a role (an important one!) in shaping reality. Treating dimensions and life forms like the ant as seperate, which was implied, is blind thinking. Everything is connected together, a fact which is consistently being denied by the establishment, and agencies like NASA; See thread, "Cosmological Quest", and accompanying video.

It also assumes the Big Bang was the birth of everything in existence, which in itself is a very bold claim, one for which there is evidence to the contary.

Im worried at the amount of backwards thinking coming out from the mainstream scientific community at present.. we can not continue to keep the same paradigm when there is volumes of evidence which goes against it, and more coming in daily.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The fourth dimension is time because of how we define it. It is only really done so it can be chucked through matrices with other three. It is a mathematical construct mapping reality. Our models are simple because we are, but have much predictive power which is of much use.
As for infinities, yes, you can get an infinite number. Aleph 0 (Our base infinity, at the limit of an infinitely ascending sequence of numbers), c which is 2 to the power of Aleph 0, 2 to the power of c and so on, up by two to the power of each time. Dimensions can also be limitless, many problems involve hundred or thousands of dimensions, but they are only representations to try to data mine some things out.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by redled]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Wonderful way of explaining it. Great link. I only read the text version, and didn't watch the vid, but still managed to understand it.

Cheers Badge01

Why doesn't ATS have a clapping smiley?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
That 10th dimension link you posted is BS, and has been refuted. It's metaphysical gibberish.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join