It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I lost my edit button

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I am logged in, I just dont see my edit button. It isnt just not visible either, there is no hyperlink in the space. Any ideas whats up with that? Does anyone else have that problem? Is it a security feature within my broswer I am unaware of?

I have no idea, does anyone might has a clue?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Posts only have a limited time in which they can be edited. After the time elapses the edit button disappears.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I noticed that when you've posted before in a thread you cant go back to older posts on that thread and edit them.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Yeah, there's a limited window where you can edit your post. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it's just a few hours or so.

If it's a very important edit, perhaps a mod will edit it for you if you complain, but usually you should just post an addendum as a reply.

[edit on 6/6/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Actually I lost my edit button earlier this week as well... But it came back by itself. I can recall one other member whom lost theirs as well... Perhaps if you wait it out it will come back as well? (I suspect there's an Edit Button thief on the board... Better keep an eye on your edit buttons...)

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The ability to edit old posts would reek havoc on the board. The edit window is a few hours I believe, and is not something we should change. If a member requires an edit to a thread, but has lost the ability to edit the post, the member could submit a Complaint and ask a staff member to take care of it.

We can not guarantee that it will be taken care of, but most times it would not be an issue.

Simple things like spelling errors, title edits, etc., are something we are happy to help out if your edit window has elapsed.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Guys - he has been here since: 18/7/2004 - he probably knows it has a limited time to edit.

Sometimes on websites, links do not always show properly for every single user. It's through no fault of his own or the websites, but bugs sometimes happen and we've probably all been on the end of them once upon a time. Try deleting any temp folders, relogging into the site, etc.

Also - once you post a second post on a thread, you seem to loose the ability to edit the first. This might be one of the many reasons but I am not 100% sure about that. If you post again and can't edit it (use this thread as a test) than send in complaint and just make them aware you can't seem to find your edit button even within the time limit.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
My ones gone aswell, I dont even feel that there is a time limit on it any more!

MODS: I have trouble spelling and sometimes miss the mistakes that I make, When I read my own posts "sad" I spot them. It makes me angry!

I like the chance to correct myself, many thank id123

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
With the number of alerts we are getting on the edit button, it seems that there may be something broken/different with it.

I've U2Ued out tech guy asking to take a look at it.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I am sorry I ewas not more clear. My edit button does not exist even with fresh posts. I was already aware of the hour or two window of opportunity before it dissapears. But right now it just isnt theree at all, even on this post this very minute.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Alright cool I got it back. Thanks a bunch guys.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
That's weird. Coulda sworn there were no replies to this before.

*Ambles off to bed in confused state of mind*

[edit on 8/6/2007 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
the problem is NOT fixed !!! I just went to edit a post after only 10 min and the edit button is gone !!

do we only have less than a 10 min window to edit posts now ?? seems kinda short if you ask me.....

mods....any idead whats causing this....this just started happening to me today.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Yep, we're buggy sometimes. I have a real problem getting links up. Sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't. And I have read the instructions, and followed them.

But, since I'm pretty new to computers, I figured it's just me. So, I keep trying. If anyone else has a problem with setting up links, I haven't heard about it.

I'll just keep my eyes open here, and try to learn.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Dissapears after a time?Mines dissapearing immediately after i post!Its been going on for about 4 days now.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
is anyone even trying to fix this ??

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Now, I know I've posted and made edits within the last few days, but keep seeing new posts here, about the edit button "missing".

So I am posting this as a test...

(Going to see how long I have an edit button here, if at all)

edit = still here, after several refreshes...

I am wondering if this affects only certain forums?

and still here after thread hopping for a bit...

it's still here four hours later.

Should be gone soon.

[edit on 6/8/2007 by Mechanic 32]

[edit on 6/8/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Ok here is what I have discovered, My edit button will work on PTS and BTS, but it will not work in the ATS forum. Thats is quite odd IMO. Is it at all possible I have some kind of security or option that I accidently set within the accoutn settings that limits my editing on ATS, but not the other two forums?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Ok since I cannot edit what i mean to say is that the button appears in BTS and PTS, but it is not there at all in ATS. I would have edited my previous post if I did, but then again if I had it i never would have made this thread anyays.

So I am thinking, this may be a bug limited to within the ATS forum somehow? I mean if you look recently I have edited posts on PTS, but not for a while here.

I make a lot of gramatical errors that I do not usually fix until right after I post. Please help, but I am trying to just think before I type now.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
My edit button is also gone. I can just type something and go back to it immediately go back and there is no edit button anywhere. It's just gone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join