It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I lost my edit button

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I was in email contact with Simon Gray last weekend about the edit button problem. I couldn't edit a post 2 minutes after I wrote it, much less 2 hours. I had the same problem on Firefox or I.E.

A workaround:

I found that if I logged in on the new pop up login my edit did not work. If I let the login come up on the page and logged in, all was well with the edit button. Try it!

The ability to edit is a must for old chemists like me, so I suspect it is seriously missed by all affected members.

[edit on 6/9/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
ok I just logged out and logged back in. So now I'm making this post just to see if I have my edit button back.

edit to add:

Yes, it work. Thankyou.

[edit on 9-6-2007 by Shar]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
My pleasure to help members any way I can. You are most welcome.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I just came to make a thread that I lost my edit button as well.

Ah, yes. That popup login does seem to eliminate your editing ability. What kind of strange piece of coding is behind that?

Seeing as I tend to edit the majority of my posts 2 or even 3 times after going back and reading through them, I'll definately be logging in the long way again from now on.

Why don't they put the login actually in the page, rather than the popup, like we had...... 6 months ago maybe? I remember being frustrated when I had to actually go to a page to log in. It happened around the time where they stopped abovetopsecret.com from linking directly to the forum again, so I have to always click the board home button as well.

[edit on 9-6-2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Testing....

Testing....

Good looking out Avenger, the pop-up login was deifnetly the problem. So attention Technical Staff, the popup login is causing the problems for the edit button dissapearcne with ATS.

[edit on 6/9/2007 by DYepes]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
just testing my edit function as well as been having probs!

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This is apparently a problem for many members. This is caused by not being logged in correctly. Logins are case sensitive.

Solution:
Log out and make sure you login with caps where they should be. I.e. I would login as Hellmutt and not as hellmutt. Get the point? If you've lost your edit button (for recent posts) and/or have other problems with your account: Log out and then log back in again with correct caps.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
To add to what Hellmutt had just posted, when you do log out, clear your abovetopsecret cookies (BTS and AP too) before logging back in.

In the past, this has helped some members resolve other problems, and it may help here too.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
just testing my edit button ignore me plz
second line

top topics

<< 1   >>

join