It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat 5 Hurricane in Persian Gulf!!! Weather Wars or Wrath of God???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
It is one hundred and eight degrees F where I am today. Feels like summer to me.

Well here, we get hotter then that one day and then the next day it snowed....

Not long ago it snowed and then it was hot and now it's back to very cold...

People got extreme sun burns in one day and today we have extreme cold.

The weather is all screwed up to say the least.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
So is this the worst storm ever in history???

That was at 10:30 this morning. I just checked the FOX web site. They are now claiming it has weakened to 165 MPH. It is still the strongest hurricane ever recorded in that part of the world.

Originally posted by on_yur_6
For all of you worried or hoping the allied ships will sink ....

Anyone who would HOPE for that is a sick individual.

[edit on 6/5/2007 by FlyersFan]

I agree sick, but you can see it is already implied in this thread.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Or MAYBE selfless, they're worried about the fact that the rig can snap and send oil pumping into the ocean around them destroying the ecosystem.

Well experience and history would make you believe that they care more about the oil then the ecosystem.......

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Ok.... there are BATTLE ships stationed in that area that comes from another country and so this indicates to me that the goal of a war ship being in another country is put in place for ATTACKING purposes....

No, i wouldn't feel bad if the ships were destroyed.

I would feel bad for the individual brain washed persons who are on the ships though. I don't wish death to anyone no matter how manipulated or brain washed a person is.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Great thread
Good laughs

A few things:
Do people realize how much energy a hurricane produces? How much energy it takes for the storm to mainstain itself? How much energy in takes to become a hurricane? Humans can only dream of having or controlling that much energy.

This storm in the Gulf...meh, rare....but shocking? or omgtheworldisgoingtoend!......no.

Golack:

Didnt anyone else find the two recent tropical systems that hit Florida odd?

With the recent droughts it almost seemed as if someone was trying to "water" Florida and Georgia. Perhaps as practice for something more important...

lol
Odd?? Hardly.
Florida saw one weak tropical storm. It's hurricane season. A year without any tropical storms or hurricanes is RARE.
This is just as bad as saying that the sun shining is a sign of weather modification.....

1free:

It seems that during El Nino there are more powerful storms and more named storms. during the opposite cycle La Nina, the season tends to be quiet. Just a theory..

As far as the number of storms, it's actually the opposite. Last year, which was an El Nino year, is a good example. This year (which has a slight La Nina) has seen two named storms already.
El Nino and La Nina have nothing to do with the intensity of the storm however. 1992 was an El Nino year and only had one storm of note. But that storm was Andrew.

iam:

maybe i'm just another idiot or whatever but wasn't global warming supposed to cause a lot more hurricanes and storms, even in weird and almost unheard of places. I think I saw it in Al Gore's movie.

No. The number of hurricanes is determined by a bunch of different factors.
The question is whether global warming is producing stronger hurricanes. We don't have good enough date to conclude that as a fact (good data only goes back 50 years or so). But as far as landfalling hurricanes, we know that 8 of the top 10 strongest to hit the U.S. occured before 1970 (Andrew and Katrina are the only ones after) so.....

[edit on 5-6-2007 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I thought El Nino and La Nina were Pacific currents? How would that effect the Persion Gulf or the Gulf of Mexico?

Also note: Right here in some CSers fevered ramblings a few years ago there were satelite images of the weather ships that Russia had built and sold to the Yakuza to produce Katrina! Surely our carrier groups aren't going to let some Yakuza thugs blow them around!

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It looks like Wunderground.com is predicting a Category 1 at Landfall if it squeezes by Oman. See graph below from Wunderground.com:

[edit on 5-6-2007 by Moserious]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
That was at 10:30 this morning. I just checked the FOX web site. They are now claiming it has weakened to 165 MPH. It is still the strongest hurricane ever recorded in that part of the world.

As i said earlier i don't recall seeing a cat 5 and i scanned back to '67 so it's probably a first and seems quite far west for something so strong.

Anyone who would HOPE for that is a sick individual.

Unless they may soon come under attack from those vessals or would rather not see innocent Iranians die?

Stellar

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Quote: "You know, I always thought a Cyclone was a Tornado over water."

That my friend would be called a water spout.

At any rate, this sint some weather manipulationd and stuff like that. Wow you guys really give the gov't too much credit for some things and not enough for others. Its not a Cat 5 storm anymore anyway and could be as weak as a Cat 1 at landfall.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I rode out hurricane Katrina in a 2 story house. the oak tree (50 ft.) in the back yard fell onto the house half way into the storm. we had to ride out the rest of the storm with windows blowing out and rain and wind entering the house, it was very scary and very tiring, after 4 hours you just want it to end. I actually became desensitized to all the noises. there is no power, no info, no neat graphics to look at. it is just you and mother nature and what she does is up to her.

wrath of god ? NO
secret Tesla technology ? Maybe
creation of our consciousness ? Hmm.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006

In Your Opinion ... Do you think that "Gonu" is:

None of the above it is just an act of god nothing more. I read somewhere earlier today one occured 60 perhaps 65 years ago. Found a link for you

Strongest storm since 1945

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moserious
It looks like Wunderground.com is predicting a Category 1 at Landfall if it squeezes by Oman. See graph below from Wunderground.com:

That one is very old, the latest shows this degrading rapidly, and not being much more than a rain maker, what's the big deal here?

Source Link

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

That one is very old, the latest shows this degrading rapidly, and not being much more than a rain maker, what's the big deal here?

Its off Iran, lots of eyes pointed in that direction. Lots of oil. Lots of expensive military hardware.

I personally am too cheap to go to the cinema - would rather see an action thriller block buster on news 24

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I dont know what its signifies but it seems to be weakening.

"Tropical Cyclone Gonu is weakening as it churns toward the Gulf of Oman from the Arabian Sea. As of 2 p.m. EDT, Gonu's maximum sustained winds were down to 105 mph (from 160 mph yesterday).

Gonu is expected to continue weakening as it brushes by the northeast tip of Oman (Ra's al Hadd). Weakening influences include slightly cooler ocean water, dry air from the Arabian Peninsula and Iran, interaction with land, and increasing vertical wind shear.

The cyclone is forecast to turn northward in the Gulf of Oman and weaken rapidly. By the time it reaches the southern coast of Iran it may have already weakened into a tropical depression. Flash flooding will be a major threat.

Since 1945, there is no record of any type of tropical cyclone striking Iran."

www.weather.com...

Mod Edit: to apply external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 5-6-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Just a couple observations since reading this whole thread.

Global Warming- I think I was just hearing a month ago that Florida was in a drought???? Thought I would NEVER hear that in my lifetime. Last year the Forecasters thought it would be the worst hurricane season ever. I dont think that happened.

Iran- I would venture a guess and say they dont usually get much rain. In Arizona, I have heard, when it rains in monsoon season there are massive flash floods. I would not want to be in Iran right now by the coast even if its just a Cat1.

US War Ships- Besides being HUGE and probably can withstand this type of Weather, I would assume they have MASSIVE RADAR and probably are already out of the way or are staying and using this OPPORTUNITY to get there Secret Black Ops programs in High Gear.

Tesla and HAARP- This is intriguing to me but I am still not so sure it can do what is speculated. If there is another storm as big or bigger than this one in the next month or so than I will be convinced. Wasn't there a smaller Hurricane that went through the same area as Katrina before Katrina actually happened???? Maybe this is a Test......

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Global Warming- I think I was just hearing a month ago that Florida was in a drought???? Thought I would NEVER hear that in my lifetime

Please do your research or ask some Florida natives before you assume things. Florida goes through droughts every other year or so, it is not uncommon at all. We have had fireworks banned in certain counties because of them. It has been happening for decades, if not centuries or milennia.

Why is everyone assumeing lately that the latest years' weather is completely new and unheard of? I agree with global warming, but this has not much to do with it.

Drought dry out the scrub and forest lands, then they breed the fires that clear out all the underlying brush and old trees. Then the rain comes, stomps out alot of the fires. Helps the burnt matter decompose better, and feeds the new life that will grow. This happens all over the world all the time. It may be inconvinient to new populations who are living in new areas, but by God that does not mean it did not happen before they lived there.

And now as for this Persian gulf storm, all the hype and commotion in this thread and now it dies down.

BUSINESS AS USUAL

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Your the one who brought up Global Warming. Maybe I should of spent an hour researching Florida droughts, what I was hearing was this was the ONE OF THE WORST. My opinion on Global Warming is that it isnt proven yet. Dont get so defensive.

Thats all.

Just one question on Global Warming - Dont Cows give off more Global Warming gases than anything else combined????

Just did 1 minute of research on your so called "droughts happen all the time". Here is a link from the Florida Department Environmental Protection. www.dep.state.fl.us...

It seems it is not as common as you say it is. Also, the term "drought" mentioned in this link says:

How is drought defined?

A drought is a period of unusually dry weather that persists long enough to cause serious problems such as crop damage and/or water supply shortages. The severity of the drought depends upon the degree of moisture deficiency, the duration and the size of the affected area.

Florida gets 54 inches a rain ON AVERAGE. A drought then could mean only 20 inches of rain (my opinion).

I live in California, more specifically the Central Valley. Our average is maybe 7-11 inches a year.

[edit on 5-6-2007 by hoochymama]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

Just one question on Global Warming - Dont Cows give off more Global Warming gases than anything else combined????

Nah, I believe it's the Americans. They let out more than 25% of the world's total global warming gases.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Sorry did not mean to come aross as hostile, just hearing alot of this stuff about florida getting hyped lately that is completely normal. Please, no hard feelings.

They produce alot of methane, and are probably on par with vehicle emmisions (whic I think is probably number one).

There has to be at least one billion automobiles across the planet. Are there that many cows too? Which is worse, methan or C02?

I really dont care about end of the world scenario type stuff with climate. I will just adapt and survive. We should not let anything scare us. Just adapt and survive.

I really dont think this was one of the wrost droughts. I guess it was bad, but when I was a kid, it go so bad that the state banned fireworks for July/04 holidays. That has not happened for many years, so NO, I dont think this drought could have been that bad if the firestarters have not been banned.

Who knows though, perhaps we wont see another drop of rain for the rest of the year. Anything is possible on planet Earth.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I just did a quick search on "Cows+Global Warming" on Google. There are some scientists who think that Cows, Sheep, ect. "farting and burping" have had a great affect on Global Warming.

Just like some Scientists are saying America and Industrialized nations are causing Global Warming.

I have seen some recent Discovery Channel episodes, ON HD sweet, about the Sun getting bigger and hotter could be the cause.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join