It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat 5 Hurricane in Persian Gulf!!! Weather Wars or Wrath of God???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Quite interesting, the thing is that flooding is the real danger not simply the velocity of the hurricaine itself. Much like in Katrina...the greatest devastation came from flooding. Only time will tell how severe the damage will really be.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
want to know the latest with this storm

follow this weather board and esp. pay attention to the posters with the heading

"pro-met"

www.storm2k.org...

its forecast to weaken to a category 2/3 if it hits OMAN , and further down to a cat. 1 if it hits IRAN and FYI a storm of this magnitude this close to OMAN is R A R E

however the raw size of the storm isn't huge but i would be willing to bet it turns north and accelerates tomorrow and hits iran . if it turns north it could maintain intensity up to 100 mph when it hits iran which would be OBVIOUS to those in intelligence circles.

here people don't believe such tech. is possible. however this event would still be not as strange as the hurricane that hit brazil a few years ago, (you know the first one ever recorded there)

those in the know could make a bit of money off some oil options trading

[edit on 4-6-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
As a weather expert he seems very surprised at the behavior of the storm in its early stages. It sees to be a hyperdimensional storm. Considering the power of the HAARP antenna array, it would not be hard to focus enough vibrational energy to warm this area of ocean in order to build and steer the storm. Using the resonance frequencies to create sustained energy flows into a system, is not physically impossible. In fact it is entirely probable.

...Tropical Cyclone Gonu is the storm that had been forecast by numerical forecast guidance (most boldly so by the ECMWF) earlier in the week. Late Saturday night, local time, the core of this moderately strong tropical storm lies 665 kms/475 miles southwest of Mumbai with top sustained winds of 55 knots/100 kph. It is drifting slowly towards the west-northwest. The JTWC along with numerical forecast models indicate movement towards the west and the northwest as well as significant strengthening over at least the next 24 hours. Specifically, the ECMWF numerical forecast model is emphatic on a strong storm reaching to the shore of southern Oman. Moreover, it sustains a strong tropical low inland to the Empty Quarter--this strikes me as most unusual behavior for a tropical cyclone, though it remains to be seen whether it will happen. Looking at the latest GFS I see a much `tamer` solution that least to a strong tropical wave with rain reaching the southeastern shore of Oman...

Updated: 6/2/2007 5:44 PM

...There is TC Gonu, unusually powerful and unusually far to the northwest--and it is headed towards the northwest. Thus, the first land in the path of Gonu, as it is now moving, would be easternmost Oman. And this is where the latest JTWC advisory takes Gonu--ashore southeast of Masqat. As far as numerical forecast models, the GFS is still handling Gonu poorly, but the ECMWF, which has been remarkably prescient on this amazing storm, is still taking a powerful low ashore in SE Oman--and even into interior eastern Arabia. I cannot rule out extreme, unusual weather in UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia to at least Al Ahsa and the southern/middle Najd (Riyadh)....

Updated: 6/4/2007 7:02 AM

wwwa.accuweather.com...

[edit on 4-6-2007 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
maybe i'm just another idiot or whatever but wasn't global warming supposed to cause a lot more hurricanes and storms, even in weird and almost unheard of places. I think I saw it in Al Gore's movie.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
wow damn that's crazy! I'm scared for the people of the regions aww I HOPE it's not too bad but i mean thats wishful thinking with hurricanes like that.. aww.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   

In Your Opinion ... Do you think that "Gonu" is:

1. Another Sign of Global Warming
2. Weather Modification / Weather Wars
3. Wrath of God for Iran's destroy Isreal Agenda
4. Business as Usual, nothing to see here.
My vote goes for number 4. Has anyone actually studied the history of storms in the Indian ocean? Where is the data on 50 years of Hurricans of the Eastern world? Sounds like it would be an excellent guide to sell in bookstores. Lotsa people, myself included enjoy reading about the planets natural activities.

Didnt anyone else find the two recent tropical systems that hit Florida odd?

With the recent droughts it almost seemed as if someone was trying to "water" Florida and Georgia. Perhaps as practice for something more important..
It is called nature my friend, and it has been happening this way as long as the planet has had climate. I live in Florida for 18 years of my 21 year life. It does not appear to anyone here as anything else but typical Florida climate.

And now the clouds forms in ways I have never seen before, they look like cartoons...

Now as far as the rest of the sensationalism goes, has anyone stopped to think what 3000 ft average mountain terrain along the coast actually does to any storm like that? I would say it is like shattering an egg.

Once we look past the initial sensationalized facts. we can understand how the real facts make this a non-event. It will definetly help for the continents, particularly India's crops irrigation. Chop that storm up real nice and send rain flying in all directions of the regions agricultural lands.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well, I just now went to fuel up just in case. Regular was 3.079 here in Oklahoma, up a couple of cents from earlier today. I agree with a previous poster that the storm does not have to be devastating to adversely affect fuel prices. They will look for an excuse to raise prices and this storm may provide the excuse. Also, "hyperdimensional hurricane"?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I dont understand how people can say, answer D, nothing to see here.

A Cat 5 Storm in the Persian Gulf... thats not something that happens everyday, nor every year, nor every decade,... infact i cant name the last time there was a storm of this magnitude in the persian gulf.

At the very least this would be a sign of global warming, at the most suspicious it would be Satilite/Ground cover for black ops or a first strike attack on Iran.

And I agree with the last poster, no matter what happens the Oil companies will use this as an excuse to raise prices at the pumps.

Isn't the G8 Summit taking place and the Bilderburg Conference... maybe this is a Demonstration.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Oh my! Before anyone else gets to this, let me!

Obviously, this storm is Allah's Wrath against the American Infidel (with our carrier forces in the Persian Gulf). He will sweep these forces to the bottom of the sea because America has threatened the existence of Iran and needlessly invaded the land of the "religion of peace"!

Whew! Now that this rant has been taken care of, we can come back down to the real world.

There is "nothing to see here". Anyone can read more into it to fit their agenda for the day, whether that be "GLOBAL WARMING" (I sense "Gonu" is some foreign language loose translation equivelant to "Al Gore"), Wrath of God FOR the strife in the Middle East, Wrath of God AGAINST the strife in the Middle East, or secret technology possessed by MAN that can manipulate weather to the point of generating a storm of this size. Its just a storm, kind of like a 100 year flood--just not a COMMON storm for this area at this time of year.

Big Whoop!

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Having experienced what its like to see a big hurricane coming I really don't want to wish it on anyone. But..... I am really hoping Iran gets hit with a Cat. 5 and it destroys their nuclear facilities (if its possible).

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
But..... I am really hoping Iran gets hit with a Cat. 5 and it destroys their nuclear facilities (if its possible).

Haha can you imagine if that happened? It just went straight over to Iran and destroyed their nuclear plants!?

That would be a slight coincidence, no?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Gonu is headed for Oman.

EUMETSAT: Tropical Cyclone Gonu headed for Oman

Tropical Cyclone Gonu is scheduled to sweep into the coast of Oman from the Arabian Sea at around 06:00 UTC on 6 June.

[---]

Data supplied by ECMWF and the Joint Typhoon Warning Center suggest that the point of landfall will be near 22.0 N, 60.3 E.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Click the picture

I guess this one will cause a huge sand storm which might sweep even over Europe...

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
Ok Lets make this a multiple choice question. please feel free to write your opinions however you see fit, but please answer this question first and foremost.

In Your Opinion ... Do you think that "Gonu" is:

1. Another Sign of Global Warming
2. Weather Modification / Weather Wars
3. Wrath of God for Iran's destroy Isreal Agenda
4. Business as Usual, nothing to see here.

Easy. Business as usual, although perhaps with a small helping of global warming - although most tropical cyclones in the region tend to track more towards the Pakistan or Indian coast, it's not unknown for them to move a bit further north towards the Gulf. Especially if sea temperatures are on the warm side.

As an aside, it's my theory that this is what happened 5-6,000 years ago, with a tropical cyclone continuing up the Gulf and causing what is commonly known today as Noah's Flood.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eyeofhorus
It sees to be a hyperdimensional storm.

What's one of them outside of Star Trek?

Considering the power of the HAARP antenna array, it would not be hard to focus enough vibrational energy to warm this area of ocean in order to build and steer the storm.

And how exactly could it do that? Magic I suppose? Besides it'd have to control wind sheer as well.

Edit: I note that the storm is behaving very much as predicted a few days ago by the ECMWF (The European Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasts) computer model - which rather puts the kibbosh on any conspiracy theory

[edit on 5-6-2007 by Essan]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
How everybody quickly jumps and sings:

"Oh, is it going to hit Iran? Is it? Is it? Is it?"

So, did everybody quickly forget how many allied SHIPS are in the Persian Gulf right now?

Let me remind you:

Nine U.S. warships in Gulf for show of force

U.S. launches show of force in Persian Gulf

Only GOD knows what and who "Attracted" this kind of strom into the Gulf.

Wrath of God?

Well maybe - but wrath against WHO?

[edit on 5/6/07 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I have to be honest Dessan, I had never considered Noah's ark to be some kind of Huricane story before, very interesting...but i think its more likely that n earthquake in the black sea caused a breach that sent all that water down to the middle east.

Is there any record in ancient history of a storm of this magnitude in the Persian Gulf?

I mean i understand you guys saying that it could be a 100 year storm...but has ot ever happened BEFORE, or are you just talking ourt your ... lack of information?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golack
Didnt anyone else find the two recent tropical systems that hit Florida odd?

Not me. Tropical storms hit Florida all the time. No big deal.
It's 'the season' for them.

As for the hurricane in the Persian Gulf ... it's just a storm. They happen.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
It should be summer and hot right now where I am but instead it's cold like winter and it snowed last week...

A lot of that going on around the world and the related 'experts' are doing their best to find credible reasons for what they admit they at times have no way of explaining.

And now the clouds forms in ways I have never seen before, they look like cartoons...

I would have sent you to Weatherwars ( Scott Stevens) but it's been down since yesterday , i think i checked tried earlier in the week as well but suddenly i am not sure about that, so we went be able to compare your observations with his.

Stellar

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Nope. they had a bad storm. That's it. Its neither God's wrath
nor is it the government steering bad weather their way.

Come on, Nah.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006

I mean i understand you guys saying that it could be a 100 year storm...but has ot ever happened BEFORE, or are you just talking ourt your ... lack of information?

www.globalwarmingart.com...

As you can see, tropical storms do occur in this area. However there's no question that Gonu is a lot more intense than any previously recorded this close to the Gulf.

I'm not sure how far back accurate records go though - probably 100 years? - so one can't really say whether such intense storms have commonly affected the region in the more distant past or not.

[edit on 5-6-2007 by Essan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join