It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God vs Devil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
In the white corner we have, a being accused of Genocide; the flood
Infancide; he sent his son to his death
Jelousy; "For I am a jealous god and will kill anybody who dosent do as I say".
Global and biological warfare; ask the Egyptians.
Global disasters; the flood again.
warped sense of Humour; "Abraham, take your son and kill him for me would ya..... only kidding.
as well as such things as Favouritism, Arrogance, the odd porky here and there, and casting Humanity into eternal damnation because a Naive young lady who didnt have the benefit of education through childhood experiences did something slightly naughty after beleiveing the serpent (which God put there).

and in the red corner we have a being who's not actually been credited with much apart from trying to win supporters from the ooposition..

remind me again... which one was the baddie

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Ozzie don't forget

The so-called baddie got 1/3th of the angels behind him (God must have screwed up big time if Lucifer was that evil). Lucifer was the highest angel. God of Christ killed the Egyptians by drowning them after the plagues happen. And guess to who the Egyptian Gods prayed when the God of Moses attacked them, yes to Lucifer and his angels. Just look at the Egyptian religion. They were the only help for the Egyptians. You didn't forgot the Apocalypse did you?

Ow yes I vote for the red corner.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Don't forget the story of Job, where God smacks down on Job with everything he can find just to win a bet with "Satan." Yet we wonder why the Catholic Church employed all kinds of torture devices (the mask that is heated until red and put on a victim's face until the skin is removed along with the eyeballs, for example) to scare the masses into submission.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
i vote horus over set
the goddess over the god

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
When satan comes for you do not cry to the rest of us.

Many people keep confusing the purpose of life, it is not to have fun and live good. It is to learn to advance the soul. If you want fun, satan will give it to you but then he has a price your soul.

I guess people don't pay attention to the old Faustian tale told countless times in history and more recently by Hollywood (yes they should know people of the holly).

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

When satan comes for you do not cry to the rest of us

no I wont, but by golly you better not upset God cause in his own words he is a vengenceful god. look at poor old Jonah

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If hell is anything like Bedazzled with Liz Hurly as the devil I want to go to hell!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa
Ozzie don't forget

The so-called baddie got 1/3th of the angels behind him (God must have screwed up big time if Lucifer was that evil). Lucifer was the highest angel. God of Christ killed the Egyptians by drowning them after the plagues happen. And guess to who the Egyptian Gods prayed when the God of Moses attacked them, yes to Lucifer and his angels. Just look at the Egyptian religion. They were the only help for the Egyptians. You didn't forgot the Apocalypse did you?

Ow yes I vote for the red corner.

Why would Egyptians pray to a Roman god of Light? Lucifer has nothing to do with evil; he was a god of Light, a deity of the Romans - yet another god who was demonized by the "creativity" and "loving" nature of the Christians.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ha, man I love Dogma!

Most of these things God used as a way to test faith. Such as the thing with Abraham. But you have to admit, for testing our faith so much to kind of have to say God is a bit of a sick #.

I told you God has a big ego. But then, he did create us so I guess he's alowed that.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FunkTSkunk
Most of these things God used as a way to test faith.

Why would a god who knows everything that "has been, is, and will be" - including what is in a man's heart, what he is thinking etc. - need to test that which he already knows? It's like looking at the sky, seeing that it is blue, and saying "I know the sky is blue, but I'm going to look it up anyway, just to be sure; but if it isn't blue, I'm going to destroy !"

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FunkTSkunk
I told you God has a big ego. But then, he did create us so I guess he's alowed that.

Oh I see; so if you piss your parents off, they're completely right in saying, "I brought you into this world, I can take you out?"

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
SATAN AND DEVIL - GOD'S TITLES

Enjoy the reading!

Vitalij
"Earth - the planet of biorobots"
www.godswhip.info...

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOBO

Oh I see; so if you piss your parents off, they're completely right in saying, "I brought you into this world, I can take you out?"

Only if they really take you out.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Why would Egyptians pray to a Roman god of Light? Lucifer has nothing to do with evil; he was a god of Light, a deity of the Romans - yet another god who was demonized by the "creativity" and "loving" nature of the Christians.

Because Seth and the angels were exactly the same as the Roman God. Both from Sirius (Isis and the God of Christ) and the Egyptians worshipped him to.

And what would you guess, the Christians (Israelites) where the ones saved from Egypt by the God of Moses. So ofcourse Satan would be the bad guy from their point of view, because he tried to save the Egyptians against the God of Moses.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This battle was already fought...in South Park Colorado....

Jesus and Satan were to duke it out...

After seeing Satan was huge, and had at least 200 lbs on Jesus, the town all bet on Satan to win, except one bet.

Jesus and Satan duked it out, and Satan took a dive.

He then made off with the townspeople's money, as he was the one who bet on Jesus....

A lesson was learned, hehe...

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOBO

Why would a god who knows everything that "has been, is, and will be" - including what is in a man's heart, what he is thinking etc. - need to test that which he already knows?

That's one of the things about religion that contradicts itself. If God knew everything he knew we would be sinful and he knew that he'd have to send the creations he loves to hell. It doesn't make any sense in particular, that's just the way it is. Hense why you need to have faith. God tested Job's faith in the bible by letting Satan do whatever he liked to him. I agree, it's sick and we as human beings don't quite see the point of testing said faith.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Why would a god who knows everything that "has been, is, and will be" - including what is in a man's heart, what he is thinking etc. - need to test that which he already knows?

I have always had a problem with this myself it makes him seem to be just plain sadistic

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

I have always had a problem with this myself it makes him seem to be just plain sadistic

"But you have to have faith" is the answer you will recieve.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join