It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God vs Devil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The whole theme of the bible is that, with humans that have "free will", Satans challenge is that they will not follow God's will. The book of Job is a perfect example, Satan said that "of coarse he follows you, you've blessed him." So God says "O.K. I'll take my protection away, do your thing." Satan tried, to the extreme, Job suffered, lasted, and was doubly blessed by God for his faithfulness.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Satan tried, to the extreme, Job suffered, lasted, and was doubly blessed by God for his faithfulness.

I wonder if his family, that was wiped, out felt doubly blessed?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Did God say "wipem out." No this was initiated by Satan. Just remember that in the universe, according to the Bible we're pretty much at the bottom of the food chain. God had to prove to angels and demons that a human would be faithful to him. But it was Satan's challenge.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Did God say "wipem out." No this was initiated by Satan. Just remember that in the universe, according to the Bible we're pretty much at the bottom of the food chain. God had to prove to angels and demons that a human would be faithful to him. But it was Satan's challenge

So God wiped out a faithful mans family to prove a point he allready knew?

I feel a lot better about it now

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
God didn't wipem out Satan did. If you believe the Bible you know that Satan led a significant # of angels away from God, HE had to answer the challenge, but I bet he grieved for those lost. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Bible pusher just relating the facts.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

God didn't wipem out Satan did.

I could be wrong but I belive that God did it if I remember right I will look it up and see

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ozzie
remind me again... which one was the baddie

Only WHEN you accept God into your soul/heart can you know "who the baddie is" until that time you live in a world/realm of confusion, misunderstanding, darkness and fear.

We cannot understand God. He gave us not the power or reasoning which He has. We choose faith in Him that He knows what He is doing. We don't question His authority.

The closer you walk with God, the better you understand satan/lucifer/devil/evil. And then you will not have to ask "Who is the baddie"
Magestica

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Faith is a wonderful thing. Blind faith is a dangerous thing, see: The Crusades.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Faith is a wonderful thing. Blind faith is a dangerous thing, see: The Crusades.

And that is why my faith is not blind. Amen!

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

could be wrong but I belive that God did it if I remember right I will look it up and see

I looked it up and I was wrong, it was satan

My bad

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

God didn't wipem out Satan did.

I could be wrong but I belive that God did it if I remember right I will look it up and see

God didn't do it, Satan did in fact. However, he did it after God told him to.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
No, Satan did it after God allowed him to do it.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Correct, but that is still kinda sick.

Would you tell someone there is my son go ahead and kill his family take everything from him and infect him with sickness, Ill bet you 5$ he stays a christion

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Correct, but that is still kinda sick.

Yes, it is sick...but it shouldn't come as a big surprise. According to his own books, He often shows no regard for human life (even innocents), yet millions continue to revere him....amazing... Who's really the better con artist? Satan, or God?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join