It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Delusional Disorder (valid discussion)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
If you look at google video with John by project Camelot, he tells you exactly what the situation is and where he's coming from.

Ok, at the moment I am stuck at work with a computer that does not play sound. I'll look into it as soon as I can (as soon as I get off work that is, in a month).

Thank you for your help Badge01.

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I hope i did not offend. That was not my intention. If i mispoke, i apologize.

Regardless, the post was pretty amusing, and if you were being sarcastic in any way, i appreciate its humor.

Regarding the above, I can agree with most of it. There is nothing wrong with attacking the arguement, the debate subject. But there is no need to let that morph into criticism of the individual. That deserves a star, at the least.

You have to try way harder to insult me, so no worries mate.
And yes, sarcasm is my middle name. Feels good to have amused someone!

No more hits below the belt, I promise (maybe
), it's all too easy anyway, specifically in this forum! Ha!

[edited for html-error]

[edit on 7-7-2007 by Raud]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I believe the whole mental health system is /was created as a cover so that ET's etc, could get away with experimenting on humans and children especially. It is basically a double trick. Basically as far as can see, many ET races lie, and we all know that Satan is the master of deception. I beleive many of them are very Satanic in nature, based on my own history and the research I have done. I also feel there is a hierarchy to the ET races and their are ones at the top pulling the strings through the ranks so to speak, with possibly the greys being on the lower end of the ladder. There is MUCH more going on on this planet that anyone would ever know, or have the courage to learn, for that matter.

I know they do this to those who figure out their "secrets" the penalty for this is usually a slow death, which results in terminal cancer, and a number of other diseases. Here is the problem: finding someone safe to confer these secrets too, as many throughout time, esepecially artists have tried to reveal the secret, and have been labeled mentally ill. Is it not obvious that this was created as a cover?

I really do not think JOhn Lear is delusional- he may just be trusing his gut feelings to what is really going on!!

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
"many ET Races lie" have you had any recent discussions with them then?
"Satan is the master of deception" You have proof of this 'Satan'?
"Greys" ??!! what is a Grey. Dont say an alien as there not a jot of evidence or proof to back you up.

I cant actually work out whether what you have posted is tongue in cheek or you are serious. If you are indeed serious, have you thought about seeking out a psychiatrist?

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 20-7-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
I cant actually work out whether what you have posted is tongue in cheek or you are serious. If you are indeed serious, have you thought about seeking out a psychiatrist?

Have you ever heard of people that believe in god, they will defend that belief to the day they die, and plenty die for that belief. Though they have no proof of God they would defend it.

So why do you think that someone who believes in alien life forms, should be classed as crazy because we cannot see them.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Have you ever heard of people that believe in god, they will defend that belief to the day they die, and plenty die for that belief. Though they have no proof of God they would defend it.

In my view, people showing such behaviour suffer from severe delusions.

So why do you think that someone who believes in alien life forms, should be classed as crazy because we cannot see them.

Not "crazy", but deluded

Regards
yf

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

andy1033

my thoughts exactly! what if ufo believers used the same tactics as islamo-facists to prove they are right. gee, what a bad state of affairs that would be!

i should think that john is no more delusional than the pope, oops!...that doesn't sound right, well, you know what i mean.

i'm with you john- i wan't to believe

jimbo

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JbT

..If they are in contact with our Elites, we can assume that we are not being told the truth...
..If we are not being told the truth, then how deep does the 'story' go?

come on, man. being redulous nowadays is the first thing, I dont wanna be.

1. When they are in contact.we dont really know how that actually happend.
perhaps they crashed, and they got arrested by the greedy military.
or got simply shot.why do you believe, they were given any respect or even a status of ´human right´? and if, what kind of, like in Guantanamo ?
LIKELY.

2. What kind of information do we have so we can relate to? do you expect the government tells any one about this? and why the government.its certainly not the official government, who has detailed infos.

its a heavy militarized world, so you belive military is our friend?
Jeezuz..

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I wonder if Mr Lear has any comments on this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The allegations are quite serious and IMHO should be read by everyone.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Would somebody tell me the real purpose behind shutting up so-called delusional people?

Is it because they hold in the palm of their hands the ability to destroy reality as we know it... because they know it is not real? Is that what you fear? Not the truth, not what else there is but the fact that this nice fat life you made for yourself is fragile and about to collapse all around you?

Is that what motivates you to continue to fight for the man, day in and day out? It is not the fear of the unknown as you profess it but the fear that what you have is nothing?

I'm not sure if John Lear is correct about anything of everything he says but I'm not scared that it can be the truth, unlike many others.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwingingMonkeyI am intrigued to learn just WHY Mr Lear does not fly anymore since his retirement. Could it possible be "stress related"? I intuitively suspect so.

Without intending to offend Mr Lear, I do not want to be taken along for a ride so I am innocently exploring the possibility that his stories are symptons of a slight mental health issue. So I did a google search and came up with info on "Delusional Disorder". Mr Lear does not come across as a straight-out liar, which is why we are so fascinated by everything he tells us, and I believe HE believes everything he says.

A Delusional disorder generally first affects people in middle or late adult life. Delusions tend to be nonbizarre and involve situations that could conceivably occur in real life, such as being followed, poisoned, infected, loved at a distance, or deceived by a spouse or lover.

SwingingMonkey,

Psychology professionals generally shy away from labeling anyone with a mental disorder unless they have talked with a person several times. Listening to Lear's public presentations, and then Googling up the 'diagnosis' doesn't seem to make sense.

Sure, you, me, anybody could have any disorder. Causing delusions. Paired with telling fantasy stories. And allowing for someone to tell the truth, regardless!

Mr. Lear also could be a better liar than you are accustomed to. Or be basically honest AND sane. The point is: We don't know.

In the end it comes down to good manners. You don't call people a liar, faggot, closet Satan-worshipper or 'slightly insane'. That's just rude, and a hindrance to good debate.

smilodon

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pippadee

You should have paid a bit more attention to South Park.

What is this South Park? Is it some kind of educational program that teaches you how to master critical thinking? Is it some kind of video course for psychological studies? Perhaps it is a college level course in interpersonal relationships? Is this why you are so incredibly wise?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You people who do not use proper capitalization and grammar should realize it makes your whole post look comical. It also makes you look uneducated.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Groingrinder, with all due respect, when quoting someone, please ensure that you attribute a quote to the correct person. Those words were directed at me. In other words, I did not originate that sentence.

Please go check.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm wondering why there is yet another thread discussing a member of ATS.
Who here is qualified to talk about the mental stability or instability of another person?
I don't agree with everything John says and I don't agree with everything other members say.I'm sure many don't agree with what I say.

Does that make any of us delusional?No need to quote John's theories, I'm well aware of them.
What goes through my mind in reading his posts is not "man, this guy is nuts."
I wonder how he gets his information, who he knows, and his life experiences that cause him to draw these conclusions.
I don't know him, therefore I'm not equipped to come to conclusions on his mental health.
To be honest, I'm a bit offended with this thread but I'm sure John will take it in stride and quip back in his usual humorous way.
Just my two coppers.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I think there's a difference here between the kind of thing Lear talks about and a lot of the other stuff on this site. Although a lot of it has no concrete proof, people generally try to present evindence and discuss it rationally. All I've ever seen Lear do is say "thanks for the post" or similary when people point out holes in his story. His "sources" for a lot of the really wacky stuff is basically "some guy told me". Element 115 for example - no proof, not even any evidence, just claims about what someone told him. Bases on the moon? Soul-catchers? Gravity waves? None of this has the slightest support from evidence. If it was posted as speculation that would be fair enough, but Lear's tone when he posts about it suggests complete and unshakeable confidence in the stories. If, as he says, his only evidence is what someone once told him, how does he come to be so sure?

I agree with other posters that labelling a member as mentally ill isn't helpful, but I definately think Lear is delusional. If he were deliberately lying then he'd have a more credible explanation of where it all comes from, but instead he relies on hearsay to back his claims up. Some claims, like moon bases, he has "evidence" for, but I've certainly never seen anything relating to moon bases that's even slightly interesting - perhaps I haven't seen the good pictures, but if Lear came to believe in soul-catchers on the moon based on the pictures I've seen here then he's definately delusional.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
You people who do not use proper capitalization and grammar should realize it makes your whole post look comical. It also makes you look uneducated.

Only stupid people argue over the semantics of a living language.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by blahdiblah

Originally posted by groingrinder

Only stupid people argue over the semantics of a living language.

You're right. But capitalization and grammar, which help towards readability, have nothing at all to do with semantics.

You might want to find out what the word actually means before you start throwing it around.

Mike F

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
EVERYONE is delusional. We all rationalize our behavior and tell ourselves that our misdeeds are somehow less offensive than those of others. We all ignore the things we don’t like about life and concentrate on the things we do. This is why there is such a close correlation between high intelligence and ‘mental illness’. The more realistically that you see the world, the less tolerable the rose colored glasses become.

Mental balance comes from being able to recognize that the world is at once incredibly wicked, and full of beauty and love. Unfortunately (?) for some of us, we are obsessed with fighting the evil that only One can remove.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
John Lear was always a puzzling curiosity to me. If he's delusional, he --seems-- to me, anyway, not to display any other kind of outward behaiviour indicative of mental illness. Lear is highly intelligent, and has CIA background. This thread reminded me of what someone said in another thread post about a different topic. Which was, "Are the crazy threads psyops to make all conspiracies look crazy?" So hence, are high profile, but wild'n-wooly sounding ufologists, assigned? to not let ufo and conspiracy stuff have too much----credibility? It's just a thought, is all.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hello all

OK I know I'm probably gonna start a firestorm of controversy here by what I'm about to say, but I must say it none the less. Before I do I have to say that I respect all people and there beliefs even if I don't agree with them. I judge no one as a person and believe we are all equal. I judge only actions and words.

That being said, I have to say I believe the things that John Lear puts out there are evil and dangerous. Being a Christian I believe in one true God, and that He came to earth as a man, (Jesus) to give His life for our sins that we may be saved from our own stubborn rebelious nature, and those that believe in Him shall inherit eternal life with God. Now I know it takes faith to believe what I do, just as it takes faith to believe what Mr. Lear puts out there. However the big difference is, faith in what he says serves no real positive influence that man can live by, where as living by faith in the teachings of Jesus can have a dramatic positive influence on ones life. I know from personal experience.

This is where the danger lies. Having faith in the things that Mr. Lear would have us believe, takes the focus off of God and trying our best to live according to His will. Believing in God we also believe there is a devil, and we believe he uses, UFOs, witchcraft, the media, etc. etc. to draw our thoughts from that which we should be thinking about. Think of all the time and energy wasted by Mr. Lear on subject matter that really benefits no one except for maybe some entertainment value. We have been warned through verses in the bible, (God's word) about false teachings such as those of Mr. Lear which serve only to steer people in the wrong direction.

2 Timothy 3:13-15

13 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Romans 12:2

2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Ephesians 6:12

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

And for those who say that what comes out of the mouth of Mr. Lear is simply just his opinion. Hogwash! He undoubtedly believes what he says and expends much time and energy trying to convince others to believe as he does.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join