It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Iraqi boy takes cover behind an American soldier.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

For an Iraqi boy to take cover behind a so called occupier and killer of the Iraqi people. I expect him to run away from babykillers like most people like to designate the soldiers and Marines that they perceive to be.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yes, I'm sure he went to the location he felt was safest. Can you give us more information about what's going on in these pictures? What is everyone running from?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Yes, I'm sure he went to the location he felt was safest. Can you give us more information about what's going on in these pictures? What is everyone running from?

Link to photo

A young boy seeks shelter behind a soldier with the U.S. Army's 82nd Airborne division after gunshots rang out at the scene where just a few minutes earlier a suicide car bomber blew himself up in a busy commercial district in central Baghdad on Monday, May 28, 2007, killing at least 21 people and wounding 66, police and hospital officials said. (AP Photo/Khalid Mohammed )

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
For an Iraqi boy to take cover behind a so called occupier and killer of the Iraqi people. I expect him to run away from babykillers like most people like to designate the soldiers and Marines that they perceive to be.

You still don't get it, do you? It's not the US army. It's the fact that Bush had to invade Iraq so badly which has unleashed hell in Iraq.

It's the hell in Iraq that people are mad about and the US soldiers who are dying for a war that is based on lies, not the army itself.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
He is very smart he knows that the soldier will be the first target giving him time to stay alive.

What a shame to what those children have to grew up under, but hey this bloody battler everyday is a hell lot better than what they had under Saddam. . . right deltaboy?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It is really sad what those people are going through. I only hope their future will be brighter. Us pulling up and leaving right now is not the way to ensure that.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
You still don't get it, do you? It's not the US army. It's the fact that Bush had to invade Iraq so badly which has unleashed hell in Iraq.

It's the hell in Iraq that people are mad about and the US soldiers who are dying for a war that is based on lies, not the army itself.

I don't get what? That people even in America are calling soldiers and Marines baby killers or terrorists? If people blame on Bush, they sure as hell ain't helping by calling troops babykillers and terrorists.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I don't get what? That people even in America are calling soldiers and Marines baby killers or terrorists?

I would hope that the left hasn't resorted to that. Not again!!! Are Americans even over the shame of how they treated the troops when they came back from Vietnam? I think not. Yet, there are some that are doing the same again?
I guess we really do never learn.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Soldiers are trained to act and obey orders, and not question authority. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I do not accuse the troops themselves of being baby killers.That judgement is for the ones who decided to use depleted uranium as a weapon. As for being terrorists, they are a few soldiers who may fit that bill, but not all. Some are still humanitarians. As for the boy hiding behind an American Soldier,if someone around me was shooting I'd hide behind someone with a gun too so as to shoot back. Who knows, maybe this kid has had a good experience with soldiers helping his family.They are not all heartless and mindless robotic killing machines.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's amazing to me how people refer to soldiers as being "robots." As someone who spent some time in the military myself, I have to laugh at this notion. If I am a "robot" then they sure did program me to be awfully anti-establishment. Hmmmm

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I don't get what? That people even in America are calling soldiers and Marines baby killers or terrorists? If people blame on Bush, they sure as hell ain't helping by calling troops babykillers and terrorists.

I haven't seen this. Care to elaborate on this? I think we DID learn that lesson from Viet Nam.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yeah, Intrepid, if there is anyone that has done that publicly it is news to me. That's why I am sort of a questioning tone in my post.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The ONLY public form of protest against the troops I have seen have come from those sad, idiotic, delusional followers of Fred Phelps.

If the description of this even is true, Im not surprised. remember that the good most of our troops do every day is overshadowed by the few who go bad (or follow orders to do so)

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
can't speak for the army but I know my marine friends when they get home sure as hell don't act like robots. Antisocial, by driving like maniacs, hard drinking ruckus causing, kick a bouncers ass who smirks a little too much kind a sort. anything but robots. They can pull a trigger when ordered to, but they are humans. kids really. they act like any kid whos 19-26 and living one day at a time.

That kid probably has seen the army and marine guys goof off amungst themselves, have recognized their human behavior. know that they are kids and not suspicious adults and there fore probably have less hesitation to go up to US soldiers and start up banter with them. I'm sure the kids look at the US Army as protectors or figures of streangth, even if their parents are scared of the military guys. Our agenda is not to hurt civilians and to terrorise them into obediance of saddam. I think the iraqies kids know this. they don't blame the soldiers unless their parents told them too. and the parents who are intelligent they blame the current US Administration. Occupiers of sorts themselves even to the americans.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
He is very smart he knows that the soldier will be the first target giving him time to stay alive.

I'm sorry, but this bit of her comment just really made me mad.

As you can see in the picture marg, that child is not hiding behind the soldier so he can catch his breath, so our soldier can get shot, just so he can run again. It's pretty obvious that he knew he would be safe there, hiding behind the one sure thing he knows will PROTECT him.

I really hope you don't have anyone over there right now, otherwise, I don't think you would have ever honestly said something like that.

Support the troops. It's not thier fault they are over there, but they are there for a reason, and they are doing a job. Shake thier hand when they get home, buy them a beer, ask them what it was like.

Comments like that just really suck.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Just to clarify- I was not personally accusing any soldiers of being robots. I believe I said"They are not all heartless and mindless robotic killing machines." I believe what I said was taken out of context as insulting to the troops and was not meant that way.I was trying to say that despite the bad rap some of the US soldiers are getting for their treatment of Iraqi civilians, that they are capable of showing empathy and compassion.There maybe a few bad apples in the barrel, but I did not mean for my statement to come across as a judgement of all.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
A picture is worth 1000 words

Will you please post the link to the picture and related article I will like to read it.

I want to know what state an when it was the picture taken.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Unfortunately, 8,000,000 dead civilians killed by bombs and bullets dropped and shot by U.S troops since the Korean War would disagree with you. Intentional or not, that's still 8,000,000 dead people. That's why the boy is seeking cover; we don't intentionally kill people on a large scale. However, we still kill people on a very large scale.

If I drop numerous bombs around your house, and by accident one of them lands on your house and kills your family then technically I didn't kill your family intentionally. I still killed your family though and I doubt that you or your dead family members would care that I honestly didn't mean to because they're still not going to get their lives back.

It's what happens when you play with bombs and guns- people die. If I'm just dropping bombs around your house and I accidentally kill your family then I'm a murderer because I should have had the foresight to know that I was going to hurt someone. Likewise, all of our troops that have killed innocent people overseas are also murderers- not heros.

[edit on 5/30/07 by RedDragon]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Really, soldiers are the first target?

Suicide car bombing of Iraqi police recruiting station

Mosque Bombing

Another Mosque Bombing

Yet another

This is just a smattering of the sectarian Shia/Sunni violence in Iraq being instigated, supported, and funded by Iran/Syria.

Marge why do you dismiss the notion that many Iraqis (mostly Sunni)support the US Army and do not want the US Army to leave until Iraqi forces can ensure their safety?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join