Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

An Iraqi boy takes cover behind an American soldier.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Just to clarify- I was not personally accusing any soldiers of being robots. I believe I said"They are not all heartless and mindless robotic killing machines." I believe what I said was taken out of context as insulting to the troops and was not meant that way.I was trying to say that despite the bad rap some of the US soldiers are getting for their treatment of Iraqi civilians, that they are capable of showing empathy and compassion.There maybe a few bad apples in the barrel, but I did not mean for my statement to come across as a judgement of all.

Access, I wasn't necessarily directing that post at you... I'm sorry.

[edit on 30-5-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon
Likewise, all of our troops that have killed innocent people overseas are also murderers- not heros.

[edit on 5/30/07 by RedDragon]

Well, I suppose by definition anyone who is a Soldier is a State sanctioned killer and anyone wanting to join the Military is, by definition, conspiring to commit murder. Technically speaking, of course.....

As for the pic, I smiled when I saw it, it would make a good promotional piece. The also soldier seems somewhat unconcerned by what is making everyone else flee. Balls of steel..

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

As for the pic, I smiled when I saw it, it would make a good promotional piece. The also soldier seems somewhat unconcerned by what is making everyone else flee. Balls of steel..

That's what a soldier is supposed to be. I am not saying that they don't get scared. There were times when I was in Afghanistan that I was scared out of my mind, but the picture is a good indicator of what a soldier is expected to be.

[edit on 30-5-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
so thats one kid out of how many people that really don't seem to be looking to the soldier for protection/direction. just an observation.

well done to that soldier, he seems to be showing great patience with the boy in what is probably a pretty tense situation. they're good photos.

as for baby killers, the sad fact of life is some people join the army for blood lust, they exsist and the army will be attractive to them in a time of war. you'll know them by comments like ''it was so cool, we were in this fire fight.....'' or boasts about how many iraqis they've killed. its sad that everyone is tarred with the same brush but unfortunately the army often holds those types up as ''good soldiers''.

some soldiers are born heroes, some are spawned scum, most are in the middle doing the best they can, they're the good soldiers IMHO and all deserve respect at the very least.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Really, soldiers are the first target?

Suicide car bombing of Iraqi police recruiting station

Mosque Bombing

Another Mosque Bombing

Yet another

This is just a smattering of the sectarian Shia/Sunni violence in Iraq being instigated, supported, and funded by Iran/Syria.

Marge why do you dismiss the notion that many Iraqis (mostly Sunni)support the US Army and do not want the US Army to leave until Iraqi forces can ensure their safety?

Here are some targets of U.S bombs and bullets:

www.heyokamagazine.com... (piles of dead babies and mothers)

xxos.net... (girl that is naked and crying because her skin is being melted off of her body by U.S tax payer funded napalm, her clothes are burned, and her parents were just melted alive in her home)

www.thestandard.com.hk... (man crying over his dead son)

members.aol.com... (a man crying over his dead daughter)

I can find thousands of these. Statistics show that the U.S is reponsible for the murders of 37% of dead Iraqi civilians killed in violence since 2003- more than any other group. Insurgents are responsible for a smaller figure of 9%. Crime accounts for 36% of deaths. (source: Iraqi Body Count)

You can show all the pictures of insurgents targeting civilians that you want and I can show all the pictures I want of civilians killed by U.S troops. At the end of the day, we're only furthering the violence and the numbers show a wider frame of view than than the pictures do; We kill a little over 4 times the amount of civilians that insurgents do.

If you want to call the insurgents evil terrorists, then you need to call yourself, an American, a super evil terrorist because you're 4 times more effective at killing innocent people in Iraq than they are.

EDIT: If you want to hold Iran responsible for providing the weapons that insurgents use to kill civliians and go kill Iranians that are providing those weapons then to be morally stable, you need to kill yourself, a US tax payer, for providing the weapons that U.S troops use to kill civilians. And statistics show that killing yourself would be 4 times the good deed of killing an Iranian.

Myself, I'm against violence, so I'd just end the cycle of killing by, this is a brilliant idea here, not killing anyone.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Well you know how the liberal media loves to paint our soldiers...but when reality like this surfaces they keep it shut.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon
Likewise, all of our troops that have killed innocent people overseas are also murderers- not heros.

Well, I suppose by definition anyone who is a Soldier is a State sanctioned killer and anyone wanting to join the Military is, by definition, conspiring to commit murder. Technically speaking, of course.....

Ok these two comments are enough! I have F%#king had it. I want to know where the mods are that allow comments like this to be posted! If I made statements like this against the Iraqi insurgants, Iranians, Chinese or North Koreans I would be guarenteed a warning at minimum!

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Ok these two comments are enough! I have F%#king had it. I want to know where the mods are that allow comments like this to be posted! If I made statements like this against the Iraqi insurgants, Iranians, Chinese or North Koreans I would be guarenteed a warning at minimum!

Dude, chill, it was sarcasm. At least I thought it was.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Dude, chill, it was sarcasm. At least I thought it was.

Nothing personal intrepid, but I really don't care. It shouldn't have been posted. If they have changed the rules on these type posts then fine, but I have been slammed on this before. If you are going to enforce the rules, do it equally!

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Indeed...

I wasn't actually being deadly serious, just replying to the previous post about soldiers being murderers.

In a technically sense, they are trained to kill. As such, one could surmise they are state sanctioned killers and premeditating murder by training to kill.

Not that I am religious, but the Bible says "Thou shalt not kill".

It doesn't say "Thou shalt not kill, unless your a soldier etc etc". It is quite clear on what murder is. The killing of one human by another. Ergo, the above comment.

Just to chill you out some, my entire family are/were in the UK Military, including my own father, his brothers AND sisters, his father and my my own elder brother. I even applied for the Army myself, but was excluded on medical grounds at the time because of a Rugby injury.

I have nothing against Military service and do actually have my own set of ethics which allow me to extrapolate on my own what is murder or not. I was just taking a literal interpretation about what killing people was.

Sorry for any offence caused, it was not my intention.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
March 18, 2007 Anti-War Protest

This is the Photographers Page will all protest photos displayed

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
stumason, while red dragon's post was in my opinion way out of line I recognized yours for what it was and I at least took no offense to you. Red Dragon on the other hand needs to back down and apologize tho I know he/she won't which frankly speaks volumes in and of itself.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I wasn't actually being deadly serious, just replying to the previous post about soldiers being murderers.

In a technically sense, they are trained to kill. As such, one could surmise they are state sanctioned killers and premeditating murder by training to kill.

It may sound funny but there is a difference between murder and killing someone in a State sanctioned armed conflict. This is a serious subject to me. If you have a problem with the current situation in Iraq and Afghanistan then take it up with the people responsible, the US Government, but make sure that you hold ALL of them accountable. Even the ones who changed their minds! I understand that there have been incidents where US soldiers comitted criminal acts and I am 100% in favor of them being punished, but when you try to call all of them murderers that is a crock of sh*t and as a veteran I take it personally.

[edit on 30-5-2007 by JIMC5499]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Not that I am religious, but the Bible says "Thou shalt not kill".

Of course you realize that "killing" means for personal gain or done unjustly. There's no stipulation against warfare or justice. Naturally I don't feel you should obey orders if you're told to mow down a group of unarmed children, but if your superior says that a group of men are the enemy, or you see them shooting at you...let the bullets fly.

If you feel this way however, I respect your right to obstain from the military.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky

This is just a smattering of the sectarian Shia/Sunni violence in Iraq being instigated, supported, and funded by Iran/Syria.

Wrong, if you are aware of the history of the region before Saddam and during Saddam you know very well that the Sunnis in power oppressed the Kurds and Shiites.

Marge why do you dismiss the notion that many Iraqis (mostly Sunni)

Wrong again, Sunnis is now the new oppressed tribal group after the US took their elite power away and their leader Saddam making possible for the Shiites to retaliate against them, right now the police and government is mostly Shiites and the death squats of Shiites are killing Sunnis.

Shiites are majority in Iraq and also in Iran with shared tribal links.

Sunnis are the majority in Saudi Arabia with links with Al-qeada in Pakistan and Afghanistan but not under Saddam, he was too self-centered to have competition.

The Kurdish were more intelligent and took over the northern parts of the region making their own safe haven.

Sunnis despised the fact that US invasion made them now targets to the liberated Shiites.

The Shiites and Kurdish welcomed the US until now when the Shiites that can not be part of the new emerging elite in government are retaliation against other Shiites that favor US while unifying with their fellow tribal-men in Iran.

Our president seem to never had taken a classes in history and forgot who will side with who once the Iraqi nation got liberated.

BTW thanks for the links they are very disturbing.

[edit on 30-5-2007 by marg6043]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
You know, not all soldiers do "bad" things. Those people are sent there to kill because if they don't they're going to be killed. I'm not for the war but I'll support the troops because they're just like you and me. The news will only tell you about the bad things that happen; but on the internet I've seen a lot of footage where the Iraqi people are happy that the Americans are there. Of course you're always going to have some bad apples and those are always going to be shown, but they aren't all bad you know?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm anti-war in most cases, but those people showing signs cursing the soldiers are just plain ignorant. The soldiers are doing their job, and completing only what they are ordered to do. Did the soldiers make the decision to go into wars? I don't think so. The people you elected made that decision. I think these soldiers are putting their life on the line in good faith they are fighting a worthy cause. Ultimately we can't blame them for deaths caused by other peoples decisions, can we?

Why can't the aliens just nuke the planet now and let us start over...

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
My father did 3 tours in Nam, as a kid i had to put up with the "Peace Activists". Before I went to Gulf War 1 I had to put up with the "Peace Activist".

I have not seen a "Peace Protest" where "murderer" and "Baby Killer" fail to be thrown at counter demonstrators (thats my experience).

All 4 of my children are in the service at the present time 3 of them are in Iraq right now, They are not murders or baby killers or war criminals or terrorists. They are 19-25 year old kids who believe in their country and are willing to put there lives on the line.

my view from the nest

[edit on 5/30/2007 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Naw I'm with Jim on this. It's hard to figure out what will get warned and what won't. I know there are T&Cs but the application of them is a complete crap shoot and somewhat biased. sorry mods.

I actually like the mods here though. they are cooler than plenty of other online forums.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Actually if you go back and reread the bible in it's origional text you'll note that it say's thou shall not Murder. the not kill part was added later for plenty of other reasons. but the bible has nothing against killing. just not murder. so killing for war is perfectly fine in gods eyes. in fact killing in any way that is not technically murder is ok according to the bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join