It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aren't some UFOs a Laughing matter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
There are plenty of reasons why the UFO community is not taken seriously as a whole, this is a thread to point out some of these very reasons. This is not a thread to stab or poke fun at anyone in particular but to point out in a some what obvious fashion a list of reasons, videos, and reports that hurt or have hurt the ufo community and do more to make fun at it. There's nothing wrong with having a sense of humor, however, when these things are taken seriously to an extent to back up a certain claim, then I think we need to take a deeper look at what it is the ufo community hopes to accomplish.

Exhibit 1 - The Flying Horse UFO

www.youtube.com...

If you have videos, websites, reports, photos to add to the list of INCREDIBLY UNBELIEVABLE then go ahead and post your responses.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Exhibit #2 - The WTC UFO (Sci-Fi Channel)

www.youtube.com...

I don't know how many people bought into this one but it sure has made it's appearance on these forums many many times.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
All I can say for the first one-- must be one of the four horsemen.

That second one it hard to explain. The way it darted from left to right then took off leaving a smoky plume.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Exhibit #3 - Project Serpo

The Website: www.serpo.org...

The Legendary discussion on ATS:

248 Pages and over 5000 posts on ATS before the thread was closed on 9-2-2006 @ 08:01 AM by SkepticOverlord.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Video Interview of Bill Ryan on March of 2007, Bill Ryan himself states in the video here that Project Serpo is / was Dis-Information.

Google Video Link

video.google.com...

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Exhibit #4

The Flying Cross Video / Flying Iron Video

This is a rather fresh poke at a current ongoing discussion here on ATS in regards to some photos of a similar cross looking craft taken in 3 different locations. The funny thing here is this video was taken candidly serious by some in the UFO community when it wasn't serious at all.

Flying Cross

www.youtube.com...

Flying Iron

www.youtube.com...

Current discussion on the photos for the questionable flying cross also known as the 'drone' can be found here:

and

and The re-cap thread here covering most of the topics on this:

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I agree sometimes UFOs are a laughing matter. It's also true about some UFO enthusiasts staring at distant street lights and waiting for them to move. It's just because it's a very exciting subject for some. Just as exciting as catching a big fish or climbing everest or whatever. If you've seen a genuine UFO then you want that experience again and every unknown light or blob in the sky could be that big one again. I've personally made an arse of myself on a few occasions with regards to UFOs. One night I was freaked out to see a black triangular craft from my bedroom window. I was alone in the house and got really scared I would get abducted or something so I phoned my partner who was on night shift and refused to hang up the phone 'cos I didn't want to be alone with that thing out there. It turned out I was looking at lights at the top of a new oil rig out at sea. Very embarrassing but I was kind of disappointed too, lol.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
That second one it hard to explain. The way it darted from left to right then took off leaving a smoky plume.

As promomag said, that one has been discussed here many times.
It was an ad for the Sci-Fi Channel's website "happens". The smoke plume forms the Sci-Fi channel logo.

Back on topic, my favorite is the $30,000 seagull photo. Even more laughable if someone paid anything for it.

top topics

join