It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosques awarded Homeland Security grants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Mosques awarded Homeland Security grants
CAIR urges Muslim clerics to cash in on federal funds

While the European Union investigates mosques for ties to Islamic terrorism, the U.S. government is giving mosques security grants that are designed to protect churches, synagogues and other nonprofit groups from Islamic terror"

Mosques awarded Homeland Security grants (Full Article Source Link)

An example of your government at work. The Islamists will not attack mosques here unless its a Sunni vs Shi-te issue.

I just find this troubling at best.....wasted money in the name of political correctness.

I wonder what the odds of a US Christian Church getting Homeland security funds would be? Make you wonder.........

Mod Edit: Limited copied/pasted external source material to a single snippet.

[edit on 27-5-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Agreed the islamists probably wouldnt attack their own places of worship.But thats not to say that jewish OR Christian extremists or an ultra right wing group would'nt.Just my 2 cents worth.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
www.worldnetdaily.com...

that speaks volumes of ignorance for itself.

An example of your government at work. The Islamists will not attack mosques here unless its a Sunni vs Shi-te issue.

no, they would still attack moderate muslims for not being extreme enough... just like some christians think other christians are just nominal christians.

I just find this troubling at best.....wasted money in the name of political correctness.

no, it's probably in the name of a genuine threat. there are more obvious wastes of homeland security money that you should be pointing out, like on a diner.

I wonder what the odds of a US Christian Church getting Homeland security funds would be?

do those cash cows really need any more money?

Originally posted by Xfile
Agreed the islamists probably wouldnt attack their own places of worship.

no, they would. just like radical christians would attack a christian church for not preaching the same message. just look at some of the evangelical messages in this country and you can see that, if these people ever started blowing each other up, churchs containing people who preached a different message would go first.

But thats not to say that jewish OR Christian extremists or an ultra right wing group would'nt.

i'd say the christian extremists would be a more likely attack group... especially since there aren't even that many jewish people in this country.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ignorance is rife in every religion. Just after 9/11 a Sikh temple was torched here in Canada.

This doesn't bother me at all. The protection might actually be needed.

Edit: For clarity.

[edit on 26-5-2007 by intrepid]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Erm, the statement that Moslems won't attack Mosques is absurd. We only need to watch the news to see regular acts of appauling violence carried out in the Middle East by suicide bombers at Mosques and during religious festivals. A Mosque is as much a target as anywhere else.

I also agree, with the previous comments, that Mosques are also likely targets of ultra right-wing groups. Frankly they are as deserving of protection as any other place of worship.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Ignorance is rife in every religion. Just after 9/11 a Sikh temple was torched here in Canada.

This doesn't bother me at all. The protection might actually be needed.

that's very true. the days following 9/11 kids were getting beaten up. 3 muslims and 5 HINDUS were beaten.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Mosques are entitled to protection as much as any other religious institution. It makes no difference what faith a person practices; they are entitled to the full protection afforded by law. These days any group is pretty much a target. Also I would like to remind those that need it. Not all Muslims are terrorists and not all terrorists are Muslim.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Good points all ...

Let me clarify something, I did state that Muslims would attack Muslims IF it was Shi-ite vs Sunni, but the bigger picture is the Islamists here in the US. If they were to make a statement, it would NOT be against a Muslim Target. It would be against a target that symbolizes western strength as was the twin towers. It could also be a population target, which is more likely in my opinion.

As for the comments of radical Christians attacking in that manner, I feel that is absurd. When the anti-abortionists did what they did, Christianity spoke out and condemned it, something Islam has failed to do in my opinion at this point.

I will ask it one more time, would Christian churches get these same funds? I doubt it and you know it to be true. Someone called them cash cows, are not these mosques that are sending monies to support Islamist causes the same thing? Where do you here of Churches sending monies that are directly involved in the murder of innocent civilians?

The comparison between the two are like night and day and deep down we all know it no matter your political leanings.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

As for the comments of radical Christians attacking in that manner, I feel that is absurd. When the anti-abortionists did what they did, Christianity spoke out and condemned it, something Islam has failed to do in my opinion at this point.

Um, what has this got to do with the topic?

I will ask it one more time, would Christian churches get these same funds? I doubt it and you know it to be true. Someone called them cash cows, are not these mosques that are sending monies to support Islamist causes the same thing? Where do you here of Churches sending monies that are directly involved in the murder of innocent civilians?

The comparison between the two are like night and day and deep down we all know it no matter your political leanings.

Do we really have to bring the 40+ year history of the IRA into this?

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
(1) It was in reference to comment made in the thread about Christian fundamentalists attacking targets and such.

(2) What? The IRA has been conducting bombings in the continental US? The subject matter at hand is the US homeland security funding in the US. Technically I asked where Christians were doing this stuff and did not specify where, I guess an even better reply would have been Bosnia, but I will limit it to the US only, where the subject matter at hand is being discussed.

(3) As for the WND comment, I fully realize this came from someone with moveon.org bookmarked.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

no, it's actually more that the media has failed to report massive conferences of moderate muslims condemning such actions.

I will ask it one more time, would Christian churches get these same funds?

again, with all the money they have... do they need them?

I doubt it and you know it to be true. Someone called them cash cows, are not these mosques that are sending monies to support Islamist causes the same thing?

mosques take most money that they get and give it directly to the poor... keeping little to nothing for themselves, because the 3rd pillar of islamic faith is ALMSGIVING. most christian churches in this country have a crapload of money. and SENDING MONEY TO SUPPORT ISLAMIST CAUSES.... what the hell? those mosques would be shut down if they did.... it's called aiding terrorists.

Where do you here of Churches sending monies that are directly involved in the murder of innocent civilians?

IRA. oh... and funding the moronic jewish extremists in the west bank. for clarification, i love the jews and i support a peaceful agreement that is mutually beneficial... but christian churches donate money to groups in israel that want nothing more than a genocide against palestinians.

that statement just shows how little you know of islam

oh, and one last thing ed. moveon.org isn't in my bookmarks (nice assumption there) and even if it was... THEY DON'T FABRICATE STORIES. WND does. but that's a discussion for a different thread, one that i have if you want to revive it.

[edit on 5/27/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

that statement just shows how little you know of islam

oh, and one last thing ed. moveon.org isn't in my bookmarks (nice assumption there) and even if it was... THEY DON'T FABRICATE STORIES. WND does. but that's a discussion for a different thread, one that i have if you want to revive it.

Fair enough, but I am reading on Islam and although I am far from an expert but I do understand it better than most Americans. I understand that it is a violent religion no matter what those that say its peaceful try to portray. I know Christianity has blood on its hands also, but that was a few hundred years ago for the most part. Today the press doesn't portray the people who speak out? What? They do its just that there are not that many, and those that do become targets themselves.

Quotes from Secrets of the Koran:
"If Islam is so peaceful...

...why are there so many verses in the Koran about killing the infidels and those that resist Islam?

...why isn't there even one Muslim country that will allow freedom of religion and speech?

"Millions of Muslims around the world long for freedom, and they cannot be free unless more and more voices speak out the truth and expose the nature of a religion that has for centuries held its adherents in fear and bondage."

As for the MoveOn statement, I stand corrected as for the bookmark, but the fact that the story and news that sites presents is not always a fabrication. Has the NYT ever done it? It is a site that has news that appeals to a base just as many others do, no different.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Fair enough, but I am reading on Islam and although I am far from an expert but I do understand it better than most Americans. I understand that it is a violent religion no matter what those that say its peaceful try to portray.

well, clearly you are ignorant to islam. have you bothered to read a koran?

I know Christianity has blood on its hands also, but that was a few hundred years ago for the most part. Today the press doesn't portray the people who speak out? What? They do its just that there are not that many, and those that do become targets themselves.

no, there are a lot of them. there was a story of over 200 clerics banding together to denounce terrorism and it was squashed under some celebrity news...
wait, do you remember 9/12? the massive prayer vigil held in the streets of... tehran, iran. remember that?

Quotes from Secrets of the Koran:
"If Islam is so peaceful...

...why are there so many verses in the Koran about killing the infidels and those that resist Islam?

for every passage in the koran that's violent you'll find one that's peaceful. just like the bible..

if christianity is so peaceful...
why are there several genocides in the bible?
why are there so many offences punishable by death?

...why isn't there even one Muslim country that will allow freedom of religion and speech?

muslim country? you mean THEOCRACIES? of course a theocracy will be idiotic like that, just like any christian theocracy would be just as ignorant and backwards.

"Millions of Muslims around the world long for freedom, and they cannot be free unless more and more voices speak out the truth and expose the nature of a religion that has for centuries held its adherents in fear and bondage."

yes, if we get rid of theocratic islam things would be better off. but again, would theocratic christianity be any better.

see, you're failing to realize one thing. SOCIO-ECONOMIC FACTORS.

As for the MoveOn statement, I stand corrected as for the bookmark, but the fact that the story and news that sites presents is not always a fabrication.

yeah, but the fact that they've REPEATEDLY been caught fabricating stories and never posted a retraction... it's just idiotic.

Has the NYT ever done it? It is a site that has news that appeals to a base just as many others do, no different.

the NYT had one incident of a writer fabricating stories... the difference between the NYT and WND is that NYT fired the guy.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
"security grants that are designed to protect churches, synagogues and other nonprofit groups from Islamic terror."

This is Mr. Farahs skewed take on how things actually work in America. There is no descrimination against any religion, race, creed or color, and that goes for any policy regarding HomeLand Security funding. A mosque is just as entitled as any church or synogogue that also may be contributing to the perpetual problems we are having in the Middle east.

Curious about your saying you are reading up about the Koran. Are you reading the actual book or are you reading a book that is someones interpretation of the Koran? I noticed you posted a quote from a book in regards to the Koran.

Publishers Weekly Review of Secrets of the Koran taken from Amazon.com

From Publishers Weekly
Although Richardson asserts that his book offers "an objective yet concise critique of the Koran," only his claim for brevity rings true. Richardson's presentation of Islam is decidedly one-sided; he takes 111 of the Qur'an's "war verses" out of their historical contexts and claims that this selection proves that contemporary Islam is a dangerous and militant faith. (Has he read the Book of Deuteronomy lately?) But apart from the obvious problem of the pot calling the kettle black, Richardson ignores any evidence that contradicts his theory-for example, entirely neglecting to mention the history of the peaceful Moorish occupation of the Iberian peninsula. Richardson resorts to degrading stereotypes about Muslims, depicting Muhammad, for example, as a sex-crazed, vengeful and avaricious charlatan. The chapters are filled with unproven hyperbole, shrill writing, and a polemical tone, whether Richardson is railing against moderate scholars such as Karen Armstrong and John Esposito or attacking the news coverage of Newsweek and PBS. ("PBS," curses Richardson, "may the fleas from a thousand camels infest your armpits for foisting this travesty of a documentary upon us!") Overall, Richardson's sensationalized attempt to unveil the so-called "secrets" of Islam preys upon fear and perpetuates half-truths.
Copyright 2002 Reed Business Information, Inc.

Source

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Reading books and the Koran, bought both recently

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Edsinger, have you ever known any Moslems? Have you ever sat and discussed their faith with them?
I have, lots of times. All of the Moslems I've ever known, and it's been quite a few, are peaceful, full of integrity and they believe in aiding anyone who needs help, even if they are enemies. Of course there are radicals, but then there are also Christian radicals, who murder abortionists. And let's not forget the Fred Phelps of this country.
The racism against Moslems in this country is growing. I see nothing wrong with protecting AMERICAN CITIZENS who happen to be Moslem, against terrorists.
I will happily pay tax dollars to protect innocents who have committed no crime, but are subjects of ridicule and racism.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yes I have talked with Muslims but not as much as I would like. The common theme that I found is the Israeli issue and how the Palestinian lands were stolen. Arafat was not even from Palestine. At one time the Jews were considered Palestinians also.

As long as a religion in general supports throwing Israel into the sea, at any cost be it lying or murder, it is not very peaceful.

It saddens me to see how so many call Islam a peaceful religion, when it is far from it. Sure it happened 1300 years ago, but there are countries that want to return to the policies that are so dictated by it.

Sure their are peaceful Muslims, but most are western raised. I have talked to Turks, Lebanese, Syrian, and Palestinian and the outright hatred for the Jews speaks for itself.

As the stock boards state before purchasing new stocks, do your due diligence first.

It doesn't help that I also believe what Muhammad first thought when confronted by "Gabriel", it was demonic in nature. His sister in law talked him out of it.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

As long as a religion in general supports throwing Israel into the sea, at any cost be it lying or murder, it is not very peaceful.

but islam really doesn't. it can be USED to support that... but it's just like any other religion that can be used at the whim of whoever folloows it.

It saddens me to see how so many call Islam a peaceful religion, when it is far from it. Sure it happened 1300 years ago, but there are countries that want to return to the policies that are so dictated by it.

again, all religions are essentially peaceful... if you pick out the right passages in the books
and all religions are essentially violent... if you pick out the right passages in the books

Sure their are peaceful Muslims, but most are western raised. I have talked to Turks, Lebanese, Syrian, and Palestinian and the outright hatred for the Jews speaks for itself.

but is that an issue of ISLAM or an issue of IGNORANCE?

you really haven't answered that question. you're seeing a corollation here, these people who hold these ignorant and violent ideas happen to be muslim... but is it islam doing it or ignorance?
can you honestly say that the middle east would be more peaceful if it was majority christian?

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
How insane is this? Granted the opinion of Muslims is pretty darn skewed here in the US, but how on earth can they be getting grants from the government.

It has already been seen that the most peaceful, devout Muslims are still wanting to wage jihad on us infidels, and what could help them destroy us more quickly than to have our own buffoon government give them money directly.

My guess is that the background check to see if the mosque is legit is about as lengthy and detailed as the foreign visa background check.

Oh America

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
It has already been seen that the most peaceful, devout Muslims are still wanting to wage jihad on us infidels...

Um, may I ask how this has "been seen?" I haven't "seen" this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join