It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beast of Banff - Big Cat Sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
A big cat has been filmed in Banff. The witness who filmed the creature isn't giving away his name or exact location of the sighting so three cheers for him. I wouldn't give away the location either. I'd hate it if I had a big cat sighting and it was the cause of the animal being caught and locked up. These animals are seen across the country but I've never heard of any casualties. Some folk are saying this is a large domestic cat but being the owner of a large black domestic cat I'm convinced this is a BIG cat.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Woops, sorry the link wont work. You can find it on youtube if you type in Beast of Banff?

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
that was cool, thanks for finding that.
here is the link again.

www.youtube.com...

it has the intermediate size between house cat and Leopard.
He says its like a Lynx in size. thats big enough and odd enough.
thats pretty cool.
opinions?

[edit on 24-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
We have many sightings of the same thing here in Oz, I believe the conlusion was they were Panthers... very interesting, some say they broke out from a Zoo

We havent caught one a such, but I've personally seen home video footage, their definitely real.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
thats what I thought based on its gait. A lynx does not move like that and it looked bigger then a lynx but not very large for a panter. Seems well fed and healthy. Thats pretty cool.
anyone else?

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Sorry, it's a 3 foot high fence and the "big" cat is about 7in at the shoulder. Sure, it's a good example of a large domestic cat but it's certainly no panther/insert any big cat name here!

Also, watch the BBC news footage, notice anything strange when the "big" cat moves to the end of the field?

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I fail too see how you know the fence is three feet high?
fences around our ways are 5 feet minimum.
just curious
but I see your point, probably a just a cat but it does look bigger at the back of the field but I saw the rabbit in the foreground, it was a rabbit correct>

[edit on 24-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
It would be unusual to see a 3 foot fence with that amount of horizontals along it. I think the fence is bigger and that's definitely a big cat. My neice spotted two big cats last year, (probably mother and large cub). They came bounding out of the bushes in our local high school grounds. As big as dogs with very long tails. The same couple have been spotted a few times around our area.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Interesting. Banff is right near where I live (Calgary). it IS kind of hard to tell how big that fence is.... because it's made of wood slats, you wouldn't think it would be all that big, but it seems somewhat over-secured for such a small fence (too many cross-members, etc.) so I dunno about this one. Maybe I'll have to take a road trip out to Banff and find this fence so I can settle the dispute.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Looks like a cute little house kitty. I have a Cairn terrier that is extremely big for it's size. Same here I would say. Just a large house kitty.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by downunder666
We have many sightings of the same thing here in Oz, I believe the conlusion was they were Panthers... very interesting, some say they broke out from a Zoo

We havent caught one a such, but I've personally seen home video footage, their definitely real.

Yeah my parents seen a large black cat on the side of a highway road which they thought was a panther and also told me the story of how some were claimed to of escaped from a zoo.
One thing I found odd about this video though, why would some guy be sitting there pointing his camera at a fence with the off chance something might crawl under it?

[edit on 29-5-2007 by MrRobarto]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick Nightstalker
Interesting. Banff is right near where I live (Calgary). it IS kind of hard to tell how big that fence is.... because it's made of wood slats, you wouldn't think it would be all that big, but it seems somewhat over-secured for such a small fence (too many cross-members, etc.) so I dunno about this one. Maybe I'll have to take a road trip out to Banff and find this fence so I can settle the dispute.

this is a banff in England, i was dismayed too. I lived in Banff Alberta Canada for a summer and it was great - bigger meaner cats around than that too

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hi, with regards to the cameraman. The news item mentioned that he'd already spotted a large cat in that field so he set the camera up in wait for another sighting. I think it is a "big" cat, the head looks too angular for a domestic. I have a very large black kitty but he still has the rounded, softer features of a domestic cat. I think he's done the right thing in keeping the actual spot anonymous and waiting a while before releasing the footage. I'd never want to be responsible for getting one of these animals caught. What would you do if you caught a big cat on camera? Would you tell all?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I would tell all. I wouldn't mind the publicity, and the public deserves to know. I've heard of a case where a young child was attacked by one of these.

new topics

top topics

join