It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Visitors Fingerprinted On Arrival To The USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
New US security regulations are coming into force that will see most foreign visitors having their photographs and fingerprints taken. The rules apply to visa holders and cover all but 28 countries.

Those arriving under the visa waiver programme - which includes most Europeans - are not affected.

But claims of discrimination are still being made by some of those countries whose nationals are affected.

Brazil has made formal complaints and started fingerprinting and photographing all US citizens arriving at its main international airports.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
When I got back travelling from Canada, I saw these new (I think) fingerprinting devices when they checked my papers at customs. I also saw they had a webcam sitting on top of the computer pointed at me. I'm not sure if it was on or not, but it's still pretty freaky.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Well this is just the first step into the loss of all privacy. Eventually we will all have to give fingerprints and retinal scans to get a drivers liscense. And no I am not kidding or joking in any way. It will all be in the name of Homeland security which is begining to sound alot like der faderland.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
And so it starts: www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Yup this is the start of a long process, i feel. Nice link Skeptic, maybe chips is the next stage after this goes nationwide in the west ?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Here is a link to the Homeland Security Act of 2002

www.whitehouse.gov...

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So, anybody wanna take bets as to how long it takes for someone to hack the system, and change info?

new topics

top topics

join