It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Helped The U.S. Army Plan The 9/11 Attacks" (HOAX?)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by TheExaminer
In any case our shared theory is that the author is trying generate more hits for ATS's advertisers.

The author is not related to ATS at all. It's simply a story that was sent in and was made public for the members.

That pretty much makes "our shared theory" worthless, unless you think all discussion boards should ask someone's permission before attempting any discussions.

Of course an organized attack on ATS credibility is the standard fare for simply displaying a story.

When I said "our" shared theory I should have added, mine and my military sources. I apologize for the confusion.

Indeed anyone can post anything and waste our time whilst other things that are gravely more important are happening as we type.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 5/23/2007 by TheExaminer]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Granted, the OP was "owned" by ATS members here.

However-

It is very disturbing to see how many "Oh thank you thank you!", "Great Post!", and other accolades the author received.

And also, watch to see this "reexamined" in months to come as someone who isn't here yet speculates that the OP is "for real" and merely "abused by evil skeptics".

*sigh*

Be wary of the ignorant.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts

It is very disturbing to see how many "Oh thank you thank you!", "Great Post!", and other accolades the author received.

Is call courtesy and respect, that’s what makes ATS so friendly and welcoming to everybody that wants to bring their stories . . .but at the same time ATS is known also for their way in which exposes hoax, not insults are needed.

Perhaps you do not understand what courtesy and respect mean. . .

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Can we go back to serious thread about no planes on 911

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
When I first saw this I read about half way before I decided it was a waste of time. Another attention seeker or delusional mental patient.

There is another what if. What if this person is doing this at the behest of a Terrorist organization? Seems like a logical possibility. If something like this grew legs it could work to the advantage of an enemy. The entire 9/11 Conspiracy Theory could be a construct of a Terrorist Organization. Attack us, convince us it was actually our own government that did it and then strike while our country is in disarray. Not only is this possible it would be a very wise move by Terrorist organizations to try to do just that.

To bad the connection was not left open to this. A request for a recent photo to compare with the ID could have helped to end the debate once and for all or open an even more interesting can of worms.

1969!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another time traveler or a coded message? Could ATS be a clearing house for correspondence between operatives? Sorry I could not resist. Maybe there is a hidden message in the text of the original post? Maybe the false date is the key to decoding the message? Only half joking. Any Cryptographers among us?

Edited to say sorry, just me on too much coffee. Ya gotta see the humor though.

[edit on 5/23/2007 by Blaine91555]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
OK the fact that this guy claims to have been in a Coma for three weeks in his apartment should be the last hole that sinks the ship.

Recovery usually occurs gradually, with patients acquiring more and more ability to respond. Some patients never progress beyond very basic responses, but many recover full awareness. Gaining consciousness again is not instant: in the first days, patients are only awake for a few minutes, and duration of time awake gradually increases.

source

Now I am no medical expert and I am not saying that Tim should have had brain damage but surely there would have been some after effects and why would the DOD want to work with someone who's health is so dodgy ?

SkepticOverlord thanks for answering my question.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
If there's a problem with his ID badge, I'm not seeing it...?

Cmon now, the "D.O.D." doesnt make them that good!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormrider
Zerotime -
If you don't think he has sufficiently "buried" himself with the combination of his OP, his website/phony ID and reply to Skeptics email, I can't imagine what else you need to do the job. THis man is not just a hoaxer, he is mentally ill and needs serious psychiactric help. I feel pity for someone who is so obviously paranoid and delusional.

I totally agree with you on every point. My feeling was I just wanted it to be so obvious that there could be nothing else. I didn't need the badge to see this one. I just read the website. However, I think even after the badge was found there were still posting trying to give this guy the benefit of the doubt instead of just calling it a hoax.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I haven’t read the whole thread yet, but it looks like another story torn to shreds.

Originally posted by Timothy S. McNiven
The theoretical (at the time) plan specified how the towers might be felled using commercial aircraft hijacked with nothing more than "box cutters."

Just one more thing I noticed and maybe this has been brought up already, but I don't think in 1976 there were any such things as plastic box cutters. Back then everyone used utility knives. Plastic box cutters came out later in the late 80's I believe. I used to work in a hardware store around that time and I remember they were one of the new hot products.

So not only was he able to foresee Bill Clinton being president, he also knew a non existent knife would be all that is needed to overpower the passengers and crew. With his unique ability, you would think he would be spending his time playing the lottery.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Is call courtesy and respect, that’s what makes ATS so friendly and welcoming to everybody that wants to bring their stories . . .but at the same time ATS is known also for their way in which exposes hoax, not insults are needed.

Perhaps you do not understand what courtesy and respect mean. . .

Oh please. I said "disturbing" and the word "ignorant" was referring to those who could resurrect this topic at a later date without knowing fully how and why it was debunked. No one insulted anyone, so spare me your petty jabs marg.

What I'd like to see is fewer people gobbling up every goofy 9/11 theory and a little more critical thinking and analysis. More "Deny Ignorance" and less "Perpetuate Ignorance".

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

What I'd like to see is fewer people gobbling up every goofy 9/11 theory and a little more critical thinking and analysis. More "Deny Ignorance" and less "Perpetuate Ignorance".

indeed the goofy theory we should not only not believe, but see as the antithesis of truth, is the theory that 19 muslims stole their own identities.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
indeed the goofy theory we should not only not believe, but see as the antithesis of truth, is the theory that 19 muslims stole their own identities.

I don't disagree, I think there was plenty of shady stuff going on that day.

However, I believe that many of my fellow fellow conspiracy theorists have been blinded by their dislike of an administration, an individual, or government in general and see every loosely connected passing thought as a reaffirmation of their negative opinion and fuel for their fire.

Again, all I'm asking for is a little common sense, critical thinking, and less gullibility.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Oh cmon, this hoax carried on at ATS for EXACTLY 6 HOURS 23 MINUTES! It was debunked in that unprecedented amount of time through the diligence of its' members. You are not going to have EVERYONE doing the diligent research to debunk or prove a story on a forum board like this or any other.

I've always said that these hoaxes (though I dislike them) provide practice for us and keeps us on our tippy toes.

My only concern is that this HOAX and others that are sure to follow, will not tarnish any valid 911 theories, either already proposed, or in the works. There are always going to be exceptions to the rule, but when a BULK of evidence is presented, research and belief should be based on that evidence itself.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
To me how fast this was debunked only further proves how valuable ATS is.

Not only do supporters of the official story debunk hoaxes and misinfo like this, but those who are against the official story do also.

The fact that this was proven illegit so quickly confirms the validity of this site.

Great job fellas.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I contacted the Tacoma,Wa DoD Field Office by phone and they told me all they did was Boeing Employee background checks and I would have to go back East since there were no DoD Personnel Offices on the West Coast. Before the Seattle Office of the CIA had been closed down I could get administrative help there like I did in the 1980's.

Well SO, I must commend you on an excellent case study in how a hoax is evolved over the course of time.

I must admit that I find myself in an interestingly convenient location, not but 15 minutes from Tacoma myself. I've done some looking for the DoD office aforementioned, and have come up pretty much empty handed. The only two that I have are the 1) Madigan Army Medical Center Medical Library, Tacoma, WA, and 2)Fort Lewis, Tacoma, WA. Take this information anyway that you like; it's only brought here to shed some more light on his supposed claims. If you'd like, I can call them sometime in the next couple days and find out if they have spoken to him at all. Hell, I could probably do one better than that; I could just go stop by there and ask in person.

Lemme know what ya think.

Officially Denying Ignorance for 4 years,
TheBorg

P.S. Both locations were found courtesy of the DoD themselves.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

I don't disagree, I think there was plenty of shady stuff going on that day.

However, I believe that many of my fellow fellow conspiracy theorists have been blinded by their dislike of an administration, an individual, or government in general and see every loosely connected passing thought as a reaffirmation of their negative opinion and fuel for their fire.

Again, all I'm asking for is a little common sense, critical thinking, and less gullibility.

Damn, Reality! That's more useful advice for truthers than most ever issued by truthers.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   

However, I believe that many of my fellow fellow conspiracy theorists have been blinded by their dislike of an administration,

Anyone who hasn't seen past the current administration hasn't even woken up yet. Like how people look at the imperialist Iraqi venture as some sort of new thing. The entire thing needs to be rebooted consciously for it to even begin to resemble the picture of it everyone's been prescribed.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I contacted the Tacoma,Wa DoD Field Office by phone and they told me all they did was Boeing Employee background checks and I would have to go back East since there were no DoD Personnel Offices on the West Coast. Before the Seattle Office of the CIA had been closed down I could get administrative help there like I did in the 1980's.

Not that I belive the guy or anything -
But seeings how I'm Active Duty, I'd would like to point out that most of the time - to get a new ID card, the DOD doesn't have "Field Offices".
They mostly reside on military installations. Most DOD Contractors (those are civilians the dod / military contract out to do stuff they don't have enough active duty military to accomplish) get their ID's at what we call a "Pass and Decal" Office that is located just outside almost every military installation.

The thing that gets me is - in 2004 when he supposedly claims he got the ID - is that the DOD and Military use an online system called DEERS. It stands for Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System. It's a database the DOD keeps of all your information, your status, your family, your benefits - basically anything and everything that pertains to your eligibities through the navy - including but not limited to an ID Card.

So the point being is that I highly doubt the ID Card was issued from the DEERS system. I know a couple of PS's (personnel men) that might be able to look in deers and see if this guy's name pops up. It could add some credability to his crazy story.

DEERS Info

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
To be fair, the person submitting this material is indeed a real person who indeed claims to have some degree of health issues.

While many of us may not appreciate the authenticity of his story, I think we are above poking fun at someone's health problems, even if we don't like them. Let's stay focused on the issue of his topic claims, and leave commentary on his potential health problems out of the discussion.

Thanks.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

This is something that is rampant in this country today. Heck, Carlos Santana wears T-shirts supporting Che Guevara, a guy that would have most likely had him executed in his time. If you don't see how that ties into conspiracy and liberalism, please look up a book by Humberto Fontova about him.

The point is, too many America haters that prefer a jaded mess to the truth. Just another kick to a beaten horse.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join