It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Most haunted house in the world'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
New South Wales House

There is a home in New South Wales that claims to be the most haunted house in the world.

I don't know how someone can claim that. Although i FULLY BELIEVE in ghosts and spooks, there is no reliable way to scientifically prove them let alone track who has the most spooks.

But whatever. For ya'll down in the area around New South Wales ... this would make a good ghost hunt.

[edit on 5/22/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
We also have a big house/mansion in South Australia claiming to be the most haunted in the world it appeared in "the extrodinary" and other shows like that. Also apparently the most haunted graveyard which I visited one night to find a group of witches having a seyance or however you spell it hehe

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
On a show called Creepy Canada the Cornwall Jail in my town of Cornwall Ontario was said to have more paranormal activity then all the other places combined

unfortuneatly due to lots of bad things

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
That's what I'm saying. A lot of places are making claims 'the most haunted ______ in the world'. But those places really can't say that since there is no scientifically reliable way to prove ghosts even exist.

My contribution to 'the most haunted ______ ' .... the most haunted battlefield in the world = Gettysburg. At least, that's what many there claim. And yes .. we've had spooky encounters there. But that doesn't mean that it's 'the most haunted'.

Anyone from the New South Wales area want to go on a ghost hunt and report back on this?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
yeah I thought it was kind of weird but when I finally saw the show and learned some of the over 100 year evil history of that place, no wonder
bad things go on in this town
must be an evil spirit
we have a huge child molestation ring that was run by judges, lawers, police, parole officers and priest....SICK.
big thing still called Project Truth.
I have two friends that were molested....
by the people in big places...with other sick friends in big places

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hi Flyers !

Nice photo of Monte Christo !

I remember reading about this place some years ago. The article then contained some poor photos of how the place looked prior to its renovation and included considerable detail of peoples experiences on the property. Apparently the house remained in derelict condition for quite a while and as is often the case, became a drawcard for local young people seeking excitement and thrills.

The article contained the usual stories about folk who were lost or looking for someplace to spend the night and who approached the house, attracted by the 'lights' said to be 'blazing' from every window --- only to discover when they actually got there that the place was deserted and derelict.

There were also tales of spectres appearing at the head of the stairs and allegedly true accounts of people struggling against being pushed DOWN the stairs ......... when no-one else (other than the pushee) was in the house. It was claimed that decades earlier, one of the women in the house HAD been pushed down the stairs to her death, but that it had been 'hushed up' at the time.

Always difficult to ascertain how much is genuine and how much salesmanship, particularly when people are making a living from their property's 'haunted' reputation.

As for genuinely haunted houses, I can (like many others) testify that a house of my experience is definitely 'something'. Not sure haunted would be the apt description, although I saw what could ONLY have been a ghost there (later learned his identity and circumstances of his death, only six or so months prior. Totally unknown to me at the time I saw him). In addition to the ghost, I saw and felt a zoo-full of non-human entities, none of them good.

Unfortunately, that house remains a private residence and so prevents me from publishing the address.

It was the most ordinary appearing house imaginable, in a very pleasant, beachside suburb. The house was less than ten years old at the time. No actual murder had occurred in it, as far as I'm aware. Two people who lived in it (prior to our purchasing it) were discovered dead on a beach several kilometres away however, in broad daylight. The case was never solved. I wouldn't recommend that anyone live in that house, yet people do.

You can read about haunted houses in the strangest of places: the Ebay message-boards for example. I remember reading there about a woman whose husband was building their home while the family lived in it. I think he might have demolished an existing structure, after which he commenced the new place. It was going to be the 'dream home' he'd envisaged since they were first married.

They had several young children and the husband was busy with his own business, so work on the house had slowed. It was complete apart from finishing touches. The wife sounded a happy-go-lucky type, not given to drama. She wrote on Ebay that every now and then, she noticed a shadow pass across the hallway and in the mornings she discovered the main doors were unlocked, even though she was careful to always lock them before going to bed.

When she finally got around to mentioning all this casually to her husband, he replied she was imagining things. He said she wasn't used to the place and was mistaking the passage of the sun during the day for the 'shadows' she claimed to see. And he was sure the doors were unlocked because she'd forgotten to lock them. Etc.

It went on for quite a while. The woman said on Ebay that none of it particularly bothered her as she'd never been a spooky-person and in any event, no harm had come to any of the kids.

She continued to notice weird things however and every now and then she'd mention them to her husband, who as usual brushed them aside.

Then, she said, one night her husband had heard the same noises as the wife had been telling him about. I can't remember the exact details, but initially he believed the children were getting up in the night and going into the kitchen for drinks, etc.

This went on for a bit and was beginning to annoy him. Finally, one night he made a point of personally locking all outside doors before he went to bed. His wife and children were already in bed and he'd given the kids a lecture about not getting up at night and making a mess and noise in the kitchen, etc. The children denied ever doing so, but he didn't believe them.

It reached the point when one night, after some particularly loud noises, the husband leapt out of bed, tired and furious, in his jockey briefs. He stomped down the hall towards the kitchen, intending to catch the kids in the act.

You guessed it. No kids. He checked their rooms. They were all tucked up and asleep. He stomped back down the hall. Discovered the back door (which he'd locked himself not long before) was swinging wide open.

I can't remember what else happened -- can only remember the wife chortling on Ebay about how her husband had dashed back to their bedroom, white as a sheet. Next minute he flew out of the room and returned with the children (who were all half awake and wondered what was going on).

Then, once he had the family together in the one room, he first stood with his back to the closed bedroom door --- then dragged a chest of drawers against the wall. He apparently stood guard all night, leaving the lights on, while his wife and children all crammed together on the bed.

Next morning, he told his wife they were moving.

She wrote on Ebay that he was now working like a madman to finish the house so they could sell and move.

The wife was nonplussed and regarded her husband as a big wuss, because she still wasn't frightened by the house and, as she said, no harm had come to anyone in the family.

Gothic, creepy-looking places capture peoples imaginations, but 'those who know' claim ALL houses are haunted by multiple 'ghosts' and that ghosts are most attracted to homes containing active people -- children especially.

Guess its six of one and half a dozen of the other, really. The house mentioned earlier in this post (the one we owned) was relatively new, contained children and was definitely haunted by more than one species of non-human entity, yet a lot of the time it was normal as can be. And I've read of numerous young, happy families learning to their horror that they weren't alone in their neat little family home.

At the same time, though, I've spotted derelict looking houses from the road when driving through rural areas, and I've literally shivered. For a brief moment on those occasions, I've experienced something akin to a waking 'dream' or 'memory' --- even though I'd never passed along that road before. It's as if you make a brief 'connection' with the house in question, and whatever's there sends you a flash-summary of the house's history and current doleful atmosphere. Difficult to explain and I'm foggy-brained at the moment. It sounds fanciful -- just 'imagination'. But the odd thing is, I can still remember some of those 'scary' houses, even though I might have seen them for only a few seconds in passing. And they are scary, even when you exert all your 'wake up to yourself' lectures to counter what you're feeling.

I don't know if structures' actual dimensions play a role. Certainly, some of the scary ones I've seen in passing have been 'awkward' or ugly in design. They say Chartres and the pyramids extraordinariness is result of their geometry, so it may be that less-than-knowledgeable builders unintentionally create structures which resonate with non-human entities and unhealthy spaces.

Certain landscapes and geographical features and areas may also be natural attractants to things of paranormal nature. If so, any structure or dwelling located within such areas may be subject to paranormal phenomena.

Or it may just be that some individuals are more than averagely sensitive and thus inclined to notice stuff.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Yea, I personally think its their way of Marketing a haunted house!
Theres no way you can claim 'the most haunted house in the world' .

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
yeah I thought it was kind of weird but when I finally saw the show and learned some of the over 100 year evil history of that place, no wonder
bad things go on in this town
must be an evil spirit
we have a huge child molestation ring that was run by judges, lawers, police, parole officers and priest....SICK.
big thing still called Project Truth.
I have two friends that were molested....
by the people in big places...with other sick friends in big places

Wow. I actually heard about it while watching some show on a specialty channel recently... Don't remember what, it had to do with some of Canada's "lower" moments. Sorry to hear about your friends, junglelord.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Here's an interesting search on Google I did. paranormal.about.com... It seems the world is overflowing with haunted houses.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I think every house has a; well for lack of a better word; personality. Houses seem to acquire an aura that may be related to the people who have lived in it prior to the current occupants and it seems in some cases can acquire it from previous structures.

When my daughter and I first moved into our house I would get up in the middle of the night and I could swear I heard voices. I would check the sidewalk in front of the house and no one was there. The house is the quintessential fixer-upper and it seemed that as the work on the house and yard progressed the instances of hearing voices diminished. I have no idea why. I will tell you I really like this house and enjoy working on it and making it look as it should. Maybe this is why the house seems happier then when we moved in. I don't know that it's haunted I've never felt any danger or felt threatened in the least. From the very first day it felt like home.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
these threads are kind of boring without visuals.

KTK

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Good old monte christo i always associate it with that bblack and white ghost photo
I often wonder if the owners of old houses perpetuate the myth to get funding for the cost involved with the up keep of heritage listed houses.

junglelord, its important to keep that sort of information out there, most people cannot fathom the organisation of these people, do you have any threads or links about what you know?

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich123
It seems the world is overflowing with haunted houses.

Shadowlands is where I like to go to check out haunted places.

Oh, and I agree with you. The world IS overflowing with spooks. It is my opinion that they are all around us all the time. It's just that most of us can't .. or WON'T .. see/feel them.

new topics

top topics

join