It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hog bigger than Hogzilla killed in Alabama (almost 11 ft long)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I have heard of hogzilla and knew that at around 7 feet these were considered big. This thing is almost 11 feet and it was killed right outside my hometown. Did anyone else have any idea that these could get this big?

Monster Pig

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Looks like fun in Photohop to me.....and bad work at that.
In that first shot, that kid is sitting about 8 feet behind that pig.
Forced perspective photos...all of them.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
the pig in the tractor photo looks alot smaller than the rest of the pics make it out to be... i can kinda see why rocknroll suspects this to be a photoshopped hoax. but i'm presuming it's real, seeing as this kid's been interviewed about it. maybe i'm giving people too much credit for intelligence, but i'd imagine TV people would have filmed this carcass pretty quick. maybe we'll get to see the footage at some point.

i still think it's a blind shame that this kid felt necessary to shoot it. a carcass is nothing. a live specimen is worth SO much more to us all. not to mention the fact that it wasn't even self defense; this pig doesn't look much like an aggressive boar, more like a domestic farm pig. a friend of mine keeps a pig as a house pet! no animal deserves to be shot to death for the sake of a photo and a radio interview.

anyways, humanitarian rant over

i'm hoping this gets the scientific brush-down for a change, i'm really tired of hearing about these 'strange animals' being shot somewhere in america, the carcass being ignored or 'going missing', and leaving us all with nothing more than one photograph or 5 seconds of blurry footage. just once i'd like to get DNA results and a definite nod either way from the experts. are we looking at a previously unknown growth-enhancing resource as the culprit? are genetics playing silly-buggers with crossbreeding? could this be a new breed hitherto undiscovered? i don't know about you guys, but i'd like an answer for once!

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I agree, I would like to know the following on the animal: What species is it? And if it is verified that it is that large, how did it get that big? I do know that hogzilla was shown to be a hybrid and one who was a mature boar. What is being shown on the other hand, well that looks like a hybrid and an older animal. What I find interesting is the teeth of the animals. They do not look normal for a boar of a mature size, as I believe that they naturally curl.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
By the way I forgot to mention this earlier but our town is pretty much a cesspool of harmful chemicals and pollution. I don't know if any of that would have to do with a possible mutation in its genes or not. We've had the Monsanto incident which is explained here Monsanto
Theres even a link to an expired article that states "In Dirt, Water and Hogs, Town Got Its Fill of PCBs". We also have an incinerator here to dispose of chemical weapons. Fort McClellan also used to be out here so I'm sure theres some stuff left from it. I'm surprised I don't have a third arm.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Lmfao, the photo where the kid is with his dad made laugh so hard.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Just look at the first picture with the kid, its apparent the pic is intended to appear as thou the boy is resting his arm on the hog, but look closely at his elbow, its resting on his knee, NOT th hog. Forced perspective is right.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
if that is real, all i have to say about it is this: DAMN!!!! that's a big freakin pig! i say get some DNA and then throw it on the grill, that is if you want those chemicals to enhance your "spidey senses"

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I dont think its real until its verified by scientist.

"Video coming soon!" it says, ya thats because there still trying to make there 3d model perfect for the composite.....

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The first thing I find suspicious... that big ol' pig killed with a peashooter? I doubt that gun would do much damage to a pig whose organs are covered by a very thick layer of fat.

Another thing...

In that image the pig's shoulder and back are almost as tall as the boy (its legs are underneath its body).

But for some reason in this image...

The pig's shoulders, back AND legs are smaller than the boy who is standing (judging by the shadow on him) behind the pig.

And another thing, I don't think a pig that big could even breathe. I've seen pigs on farms that have had to be put down because they're so big they're windpipes become blocked.

[edit on 22/5/07 by JackofBlades]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
What i do notice in the second picture is that the kid is rather fat just like his Dad

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The kid is uglier than the pig too

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Jamison Gets National Exposure On The Rick & Bubba Show.

Hehe good ol' redknecks

As everyone else already stated clearly the pig isnt as big as they try make it look in this photo but hey I can guess why people like bubba would fall for it!
But people on ATS are to sharp

Reminds me of the hogzilla one when they finally dug that up the size of it was a LOT smaller then stated.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Also on the picture of the pig hanging it states his dad is 6ft 1and the pig is 10ft 7. You can see that even if you doubled his dad, he still wouldn't be as tall as the pig, so its bad photoshopping and bad measurements lol.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
The first thing I find suspicious... that big ol' pig killed with a peashooter? I doubt that gun would do much damage to a pig whose organs are covered by a very thick layer of fat.

As usual I agree with your reply, with the exception of this. And I'm assuming when they say "a Smith & Wesson customized .50 caliber revolver shooting 350 grain Hornady bullets", that they're referring to the Model 500 S&W... This handgun is everything BUT a peashooter. In fact it's more like a portable cannon.

The Model 500 from Smith & Wesson is the biggest, heaviest, most powerful factory-production double-action revolver in the world. It's built on an entirely new and massive S&W frame size. It fires the new .500 S&W Magnum cartridge, which is the most powerful factory load ever developed specifically for handgun use.

Source

But more importantly:

With its 8-3/8-in. barrel, the overall length of the Model 500 is 15 in. and the empty weight is 4.5 pounds. The cylinder alone is almost 2 in. in diameter and approaches 2.25 in. in length. Thumb the cylinder open and five charge holes await. Each is 1/2 in. in diameter, and the .50-cal. cartridges they hold are almost 2 in. long. Load five of them and the total weight of the handgun climbs to 5 pounds.

You don't just casually pick up a Model 500. You have to lift it.
The 500 S&W Magnum will produce almost 2600 ft.-lb. with its heaviest load, and more powerful loads may well be on the way.
With even the heaviest 500 Magnum load tested, muzzle rise was confined to the 50° range and there was never any concern about the shooter wearing an imprint of the front sight in his forehead. That does not mean it's a pussycat. Make no mistake about it, this is not a handgun for the timid or the inexperienced.

Source

The point of all of that is, you can take anything short of an elephant down with this handgun. If you know where to shoot. That brings me to the point:
Can an 11-year-old actually control a gun of this size. In the "pose" he holds the gun as if it is in fact a peashooter...
And what kind of parent gives a boy to go wandering around the forest with a portable cannon?!

Which brings me to the next point... They already have a website up, with all the "pretty pictures" and all, but little text... What's the story? The great hunting story of how he brought this "monster" to its knees?

Which brings me the next point... Who goes hunting in shorts and a bright striped T-shirt? (But then again, the word "Rednecks" have been mentioned...
)

All that said, I don't see why the major news agencies aren't all over this? They love "soft" stories like this...
I wouldn’t say this whole story is impossible. Perhaps just a bit over exaggerated. Until then I'll just have to hold my breath for the "video"...

Edit:
Take a look at this picture. Jamison (like the whiskey?
) is sitting closer to the hog, thus the "optical illusion" which is used in the above picture isn't showing us this "huge monster"... Other picture

AND

If you look at the picture with the tractor, you'll notice that it isn't much bigger than the guy driving the tractor... (Compared to the picture of the hog hanging from the roof...)

EDIT 2:
I see some forums claim that it took 16 shots over 3 hours to bring the hog down. Which adds to the issue surrounding the gun. 16 shots with that gun? How many shots were hits? I spot only one "hole" that could possibly be a hit, but it's far from "fist size holes".
I don't get any source to confirm this though. It's only discussed in forums and blogs. No trustworty/news sources...
/forum/showthread.php/11-year-old-boy-kills-388998.html]Example

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Did you guys read the kids bio.Next hunt:Bigfoot with a blowgun.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The ferrel hogs around here are very destructive, they can tear up field in no time. These hogs are very hard to stalk. Most of the time they are out at night. I do not see them this large, only up to about 300 or 400 hundred pounds.

It would have been interesting to have captured it but it would not be easy without a really strong trap. I too am wondering if some of the stats are overstated for this hog.

I am not surprised it got killed, humans in general, are killers. Guess somebody got their internet fame.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Look at the picture with the tractor. You can see that that hog isn't much bigger than any other hog. I have a .50 cal desert eagle and I'm positive that it has more than enough knock down power to take even that creature down. My son who is 14 has no problems handling it ether, but I'd beat him to death if I caught him out strolling the woods with it by himself.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
jesus, is everything a conspiracy on this website?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Batty
this pig doesn't look much like an aggressive boar, more like a domestic farm pig. a friend of mine keeps a pig as a house pet! no animal deserves to be shot to death for the sake of a photo and a radio interview.

It's surprising how agressive a feral domesticated pig can be.......they are smart and can be very dangerous!

A cousin, who is a vet with the Alabama department of Ag has some wild tales of going after one old boar that had literally terrorized a family first by killing some of their stock and then by grabbing their seven year old boy by the arm and dragging him into the woods. ( he survived, but needed a cast and stitches )

It was finally taken out by a literal truck load of Ag workers when they all open fire on him at once, from the saftey of the truck bed, no less.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join