It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ID card police to levy £2,000 fines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

ID card police to levy £2,000 fines

news.independent.co.uk

A team of civil servants will "police" people who refuse to tell the state of any new address, and impose fines of up to £2,000 if they forget.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
So if you don't cooperate you will get £2,000 fine, which is nearly 4000 USD. UK is turning into fascist state, USA will follow in 2008.

news.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hah, good luck trying to get that money out of people! If someone comes knocking at my door demanding money, i'll just give them the one finger salute.

Also, im a student, so good luck trying to get £2000 out of me!

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
And if you refuse (which I will) to provide any information, such as a change of address, just how are the authorities going to track you down or send 'final demand' letters to demand payment???

The sheer genius of beauracracy in action

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This is not funny folks. It is serious. They are serious. I personally believe they used this women in this article below as an example. They was asking for 80 years in prison.

80 years in prison for lying.

She lied about her address to the schools. Now I know it’s a whole other issue but 80 years for lying to a school. Come’ on!!!!!

No she didn’t go to prison. But, I think this is a strong start as to what they are thinking.

Here’s my problem and it’s a big one. I don’t have an address. I don’t own a home. I travel with my husband and we stay in hotels or an executive home that is paid by the company. I usually move every 3 weeks to 3 months with some exceptions lasting 6 months. I have always had a PO box and my mail comes to me wherever I’m at.

So what is my address. I ask anyone. What am I suppose to do? It is scary for me. I have never, ever disobeyed the law, but now I don’t have an address.

If they wanted to put this women in prison for 80 years for using her husbands parents address. What will they do to me and others like me?

www.wsbtv.com...

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hi Shar,

You could look at your situation in reverse and have fun fouling the system up by rigidly complying with regulations...You could state your case as something similar to the 'Homeless voter special registration':

"..You can still register to vote even if you have no permanent address using a Declaration of Local Connection. A homeless person may register at the address of, or which is nearest to, a place where they commonly spend a substantial part of their time (whether during the day or night). This address, for example, may be a park bench, a bus shelter or the doorway of a High Street store. Declarations of Local Connection can be made at any time throughout the year and are valid for 12 months. We will send a renewal form after 9 months.."

Source

As no doubt similar 'special circumstances' will be granted for the ID card as poll cards you could be as 'beaurocratically-pedantic' as possible and state your address by hotel-room, or if you are travelling overnight from one location to another and technically in limbo as 'In a car on the M62, Jct 12' or something equally obscure....don't get mad, get even!

If you ever happen to get stopped and queried about your 'address' it will create so much of a headache in tracing the paper trail that the civil-service will regret ever asking...just be polite and be as 'helpfully obstructive' as possible.

For a better idea on what I'm advocating, have a look at the antics of one of my heroes, Mark Thomas, and his 'Mass Lone Protest' where he aims to tie the Met. Police up with so much paper that the law on requiring a licence to peaceful protest is repealed

[edit on 20-5-2007 by citizen smith]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Citizen smith,

Thanks so much for your advice. I will keep this in mind. But, yeah it looks like I will be doing a lot of changing to my address. I can’t believe their doing this. It makes it very hard on people like me.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It's just one more way the government is saying don't go anywhere, without letting us know first. We want to know were you are at all times. Bet you would have more luck with a Stalker ex, then with the government.

Is a P.O. Box not technically an address? Can virtual adresses be used? Find a work around and when they try to put you in jail for it, point out their own stupidity to them.

Although at the rate things are going, just try to avoid having problems with them, because of the stupidity thing I mentioned earlier, they would probably still try to lock you up.

It's just so sad to see the frog get cooked by yet one more degree. They keep turning up the heat, and very few are noticing, or caring. (Reference is to someones excellent analogy about a frog who goes into boiling hot water who notices right away, vs a frog who goes into cold water that get's turned up ever so slowly, and they don't notice it.)

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Oh Lord, here we go again - panic in the streets.

It is already an offence punishable by fines of up to £1000 not to update your address on the Electoral Roll or at the DVLA, (fines which are almost never imposed).

Whether you like the idea of ID cards or not, (personally I'm wholly unconcerned about the idea), the horrific cost of the scheme makes it an absolute imperative that it is properly administered once we have it.

Just why would anyone be so anti telling their elected Government where they are living currently? I would guess that many of those who complain would also scream blue murder if their benefit payments didn't drop on to their doormats at the correct address however.

top topics

join