It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Tired Of Rapture Predictions?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
everyone is allowed to their own interpertation, but I dont see the Rapture Question as being critical to anything.
If your a bad person, your a bad person
If your not, your not
the rest is filler

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
many of these people look forward to the rapture.

Sad, isn’t it? They are looking forward to something that will never happen. So much wasted time. So much wasted $$$ pumping out books and pamphlets on something that is a fairy tale that was invented by Nelson Darby in the mid 1800s.

Originally posted by junglelord
I would like to point out that I was the Only One that gave the correct theological derivitive of the Rapture

1 - Shameless self promotion junglelord!

2 – Why did you capitalize ‘only one’ ?? That’s something that people do with God in sentences and scripture. Was that a Freudian slip??? Hmmm? God complex?
(just teasing ya – but it IS interesting that you did that)
3 – You did NOT give any correct theology about the rapture –you say it's going to happen and that's wrong.

and if I must read english, only King James

I can’t figure out the love affair that fundamentalists have with the King James version of the bible. It has MANY errors (that are easily googled up to see). It is also missing 6 books. What really tickles me is that it’s named after a flaming homosexual, and homosexuality is something that fundamentalists allegedly abhor.

Originally posted by runetang
it will be a sorrowful day when the inhabitants of Earth realize that the mass-rapture is propagated and false, a gross misinterpretation .

And THAT is the major problem with the Rapture Cult. We have a few hundred thousand – perhaps a couple of million – out of 2 billion + Christians who are counting on an easy out. A ‘get out of tribulation free’ card. When it doesn’t happen, their faith will be seriously tested. Many will likely loose their faith.

[edit on 5/20/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I dont see the Rapture Question as being critical to anything.

That's probably the only thing you have posted that I agree with you on.

The Rapture is completely unnecessary to salvation. To call a fellow christian who doesn't believe in the Rapture Cult an 'unbeliever' ... that's just plain wrong. MOST christians do not believe in a rapture.

To believe or disbelieve in the Rapture Cult has nothing to do with salvation. Period.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
To believe or disbelieve in the Rapture Cult has nothing to do with salvation. Period.

i agree. i think that there is a difference between the rapture, and the second coming. the rapture was "created" during the 1800's and really has nothing to do with christian fundamentals, if you will.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You do realize you are talking about an event that only has to happen once to verify prophecy about it.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ozzyfl
You do realize you are talking about an event that only has to happen once to verify prophecy about it.

yes, but obviously it hasn't happened yet, so i frown upon the frequent occurence of the predictions.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
To me the whole idea is a fear and control strategy. Its also a mechanism by which current world events are rationalised.

No offence intended if you are deeply religious. The above is my personal belief.

I am a Christian, although I don't go to church and haven't been for a very long time.

Growing up with a religious background has been great to build a moral conscience and values, yet I prefer not to take much of it literally. The Bible and other religious texts were written and edited by men. For me that says a lot.

Again I intend no offence, but I don't think any religious text was written by devine sources. Therefore, it may as well have been written by Titor.

This may conflict with my statement of being a Christian but I don't necessarily believe Jesus was the son of God either. I think he was a very special person with some very important messages. Maybe he was I don't know.

All I know is that promoting fear of hell and the rapture etc. is not a very Christian thing to do. The real question people need to ask themselves is whether they love Jesus out of fear for their soul, or for his teachings.

My girlfriend is associated with a Christian group and in such a situation I have to meet quite a few of them. Some of these people are great, others use God to blindfold their conscience.

[edit on 21-5-2007 by seenitall]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Whilst I'm all for anyone believing in whatever they like, the answer is yes...

I'm getting rather bored with the Rapture times/dates that have come and gone over the past number of years...

Frankly, IF I believed in this sort of stuff, I would have thought there would have been a fairly clear sign of this event well before it actually was going to happen...

If there were "signs" before the 17th May Rapture which has passed, I'd be interested to hear from anyone to tell me what those signs were

Cheers

P.S - WiseSheep, very nicely put on the first page of this thread

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I've always wondered about the fascination with the Rapture....

While not mentioned specifically (by name) in scripture, Revelations does talk about 144,000 (I think that was the number) being raised to Heaven during the end times... Thing is, there are quite a few catches....

1. Must be a virgin male (scripture, don't blame me)...
2. Must be descended from the twelve tribes of Israel...
3. All of this happens AFTER the plagues and the hell on Earth! (again, according to scripture)...

Seems to me it's a pretty raw deal.... And then what do you do once in Heaven? Spend all eternity worshipping someone....(and of course you "die" as a virgin). Considering sex without the purpose of procreation is scripturally a sin...and it's assumed that in heaven you can't procreate...this REALLY becomes a raw deal for those 144,000......

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I never get tired of these predictions... I love it when someone predicts something on some random date referring to bs written somewhere (linking the bible with people magazine
or something , j/k, but anyway) and warning everybody about the rapture/dooms day/SHTF time/nap time/etc...

When I read things like these... I go on with life and wait for that day, and on that day... I open up a beer and watch how other people at ATS makes a fool of the person that made such a claim. Its almost like Jerry Springer... without the physical fighting.

OR what usually happens, is the person who made such a claim, disappears like David Copperfield and reappears on ATS with a different alias.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I see the rapture theory like I see any other bastardization of the christian religion.

Just a way to get away from resposibilities "while waiting to be whisper away to haven" while the profeteers of the raptures make their money on the faithful followers and rapture candidates.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have a new prediction! How about 2012? The Myan calendar ends that year; my drivers license and passport also expire on 2012.

Now this has to be a conspiracy. Not all these could end at the same time without a conspiracy occurring. Let's try to find something else to call it Feast of the Trumpets, autuminal equinox or something besides rapture.

I'll even give the range 2012 to 2018. That should be enough time to get the marriage feast over and establish a Kingdom opposed to the new world order. How's that???

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josekinuc
I have a new prediction! How about 2012? The Myan calendar ends that year; my drivers license and passport also expire on 2012.

Now this has to be a conspiracy. Not all these could end at the same time without a conspiracy occurring. Let's try to find something else to call it Feast of the Trumpets, autuminal equinox or something besides rapture.

I'll even give the range 2012 to 2018. That should be enough time to get the marriage feast over and establish a Kingdom opposed to the new world order. How's that???

guess what? i doubt it, but if that's what you want to think, go ahead. you ever think that the mayan calender ended because they didn't have time to finish it before they disappeared?-just throwing that out as an example.

[edit on 21/5/07 by wisefoolishness]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep
People are as quick to overlook the "no man knows the day or the hour" just as much as they do GOD's definition of a false prophet. If one is wrong once claiming to speak on GOD's behalf, don't trust him. Yet we have folks chasing these con artists around like they are gods or somethin.

While it may be possible to pin a date on the mid-east peace treaty. The removal of the bride is something not known whatsoever by any man, nor angel in heaven.

I agree................it will come like a thief in the night. Few will be prepared, none of us are promised tomorrow. People can "predict" and say all the things happening around us point the "end is coming soon".

No man know the day or the hour.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The way things are going, just like the Mayan civilization, we will probably disappear by 2018. I like the idea that they did not have enough time to finish their calendar. What a concept!

Just remember you may not know the day or hour. But Watch always. He said Watch several times. So, I watch knowing the season without trying to predict anything about the day or the next day. After all he did not tell me specifically to build an ark, like one person that was tasked with that small project.

In another place he says don't let the master of the house come back and catch you sleeping. So, I watch never knowing when or what may occur to bring this civilization to an end to become like the Incas, Toltecs, Aztecs and Mayans.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I see the rapture theory like I see any other bastardization of the christian religion.

Just a way to get away from resposibilities "while waiting to be whisper away to haven" while the profeteers of the raptures make their money on the faithful followers and rapture candidates.

I'm with you on this one, Marg

Its very much designed to "enitce" for want of a better word, Christians who live thru Christ on a day to day basis, into believing in a somewhat extreme "Christian" view...

Those of us who are believers in Christ and believe in an "active way" know the wheat from the chaff, and can look after our own ideas and where we are at...Other Christians who tend to obey and follow blindly in a some what "passive way" may not be as fortunate as some when it comes to analytical thinking...

So I can see how they might be (mis)lead by these "predictions"

Peace

Tony

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think of the rapture as I do about death. I do the best I can with what I got in life and I don't worry about the ending. To me living right now in this moment is more important to me and my family. I don't go to church either and really think it's more of a social gathering than teachings of God. If you believe in God then do what you need to do to make him and yourself happy. Teach your kids moral values and respect for others, don't let someone else teach your kids. Do your own research on religion and you'll find out more then they'll ever teach you in church. And remember to keep an open mind about all of it. So as for the rapture, I don't listen to predictions because nobody will ever know if and when it happens, just like when you die.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join