It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

black vs white

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Why is it called racisum every time a black man is in a conflict with the police??

If a black man gets shot by the police, why is it always racisum???

Whole citiesgo on a rampage over this.

Sorry folks,I dont seem to see the coincidence here!

If it walks like a duck, flys like a duck, and talks like a duck, its a duck!!!

White or black, if your a criminall your a criminal!!

Just dont here too many white folk sounding ioff on this topic!

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Yes, I agree.

Black or White, if you do something wrong you will be punished. You aren't getting punished just because your are a different skin color, it's because you did something wrong. Stop blaming other people saying "This is only happening because I am _____" or "If I was _____ this wouldn't of happened."

If you do something bad, whatever race you are, take responsibility.

Sometimes they wonder why there are many police watching and checking the town. It's not because of the color of the people that live there - it's the crimes that are going on.

If there was "rich" town where more whites happened to live in, and there was a lot of crime, the police would be there too! It's not just because it is a town made of blacks, or mexicans or what have you.

And I always get sick of people who are thinking "Pity me I'm Black or Mexican"

It's not true, anybody can reach whatever they want to if they try. But if you just think "Oh I'm Black, I will never make it" you won't make anything. Anybody can rise to the top if they really want to. It has nothing to do with the color of your skin.

Rant Off.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I live in a city that is predominantly African-American, with large swathes of Hispanics and Asians.

What I want to know is why it's OK for them to call me "white b***h" and cracker but you can't use any racial epithets on them.

Not that I would or want to. But I don't use racial slurs on people of any color, why is it OK for them to do it to me? What does the color of my skin have to do with the fact that I grumped at someone who just parked in my driveway to "run into the liquor store" or because I called them out for cutting in line at the grocery?

Racism used to be a huge problem in this country. It still is, it's just called reverse racism now.

I don't care what color you are, if you're calling someone a name based on their color, you're a racist, reverse or otherwise.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Because when white people talk on this subject, many of them are labelled racist.

In the UK, if a white person attacks a black person because they are black, judges can add extra jail time.

If a black person attacks a white people because they are white, the same rules do not apply and the crime is seen as just an assult crime.

Crime is crime is crime. The colur of one's skin should not make a different so why have we allowed our politicans to create laws that define crime based on the colour of your skin.

Bottom line is we have elected Government that put such laws upon us.

It should be time to, either remove these definatives or creat balance, and saw any crime based on colour must be treated the same.

I certainly live in a crime which is supposed to be fair and balanced, yet it aint.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Ya the reverse racisum thing is getting a little out of controll, when was the last time a white person was the victim of a hate crime?

If you kill someone isnt that based out of hate?? Race has nothing to do with it.

I dont know, I started this thread after reading another about white this white that. Im just so sick and tired being blamed for the worlds problems because I am white.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
There are a number of issues to be addressed here, Whilst I agree that if a peson commits a crime they should face the music irrespective of their background, colour etc.

But there are other factors in the mix, statistics show that poor people are more likely to be involved in crime than affluent people, who are the poor of America, most will agree that it is the ethnic minorites overall, therefore crime is associated with these groups of people rightly or wrongly.

Groups such as these are then singled out by by law enforcers and rather than dealing with the symptoms that is the poverty, poor housing, education, employment and health care which would remove much of the reason for crime in the first place its go to the cheapest option.

Because of the above PC crept in, who's sole purpose was to help those who were vunerable has provided some crimminal elements with a shield to hide behind. But that said the white man has never had to suffer the way many none whites have suffered. If you kill some one because of their colour that is racism, the KKK are a racist group.

Change takes time, the Black population of America suffered centuries of murder, ill treatment, every form of racism imagined I'm sure it will not hurt us whiteys to put up with a few years of name calling. Eventually things will improve and more so if people make an effort to remove the barriers and inequalities.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
There are a number of issues to be addressed here, Whilst I agree that if a peson commits a crime they should face the music irrespective of their background, colour etc.

That is the first smart thing I have heard you say mushy!!

But there are other factors in the mix, statistics show that poor people are more likely to be involved in crime than affluent people, who are the poor of America, most will agree that it is the ethnic minorites overall, therefore crime is associated with these groups of people rightly or wrongly.

Stats show that minorities are criminals, I agree again mushy! Damn im about to add you as a friend!!

Groups such as these are then singled out by by law enforcers and rather than dealing with the symptoms that is the poverty, poor housing, education, employment and health care which would remove much of the reason for crime in the first place its go to the cheapest option.

Well lost me thier, calling out boys in blue racists is just a bunch of sh*t, my sister is a cop, she would bust me just as soon as some imigrant illegal!

Because of the above PC crept in, who's sole purpose was to help those who were vunerable has provided some crimminal elements with a shield to hide behind. But that said the white man has never had to suffer the way many none whites have suffered. If you kill some one because of their colour that is racism, the KKK are a racist group.

The KKK? are you serious? What do they have 25 members?? Lets take this into the the 21st century and al-quida, they hate all of america, some 300 million! This level of hatred hasnt been expressed since hitler!! Witch if any of you care to look in to mr mushy seems to think this is ok!! Just look at some of my other posts!! He thinks the usa is a qualified comparison to hitler!!

Change takes time, the Black population of America suffered centuries of murder, ill treatment, every form of racism imagined I'm sure it will not hurt us whiteys to put up with a few years of name calling. Eventually things will improve and more so if people make an effort to remove the barriers and inequalities.

Things will never improve if A guy like me has to pay billions in reperations for something I nor the victim ever had any part in!!

Sorry folks, no free ride here!!!!!!

And mushy, are you just trying to piss me off??!!

Old and wise my friend, old and wise! Ill bet your just old!

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom

I myself have never oppressed anyone, nor have I owned slaves. Why should I "put up" with racial slurs? Because some people in the past who were the same color as me were inhumane to other, darker people?

Racism is racism whether it's white on black, black on white, or purple on yellow. None of it is excusable. There is no valid reason to hate someone because of the color of their skin.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Red I'm not trying to piss you off, you have your opinions and I have mine its as simple as that.

AQ are a CIA formed, trained and supplied terrorist group, originally formed to attack those who opposed the US and its ambitions but now they kill Americans and anyone else. So who is the real terrorist, them or the Americans who formed them and got them to kill other Americans.

The fact that 1.5million plus Iraqis have died as a direct result of US action means that in international law the US and its Goverment can be charged with Genocide and its perpetrors charged with crimes against humanity.

Yoy have Patriot 1/2, wire taps, net bugging, camps being built, your Goverment murders its own people, your Goverment prosecutes wars to further its own agenda ( or those who run the country), PNAC, your country in recent times has been responsible for the deaths of millions of civilians in various wars. I'm sorry but that dose not sound much like a democracy but more like an emerging dictatorship.

This is not hating America or its citizens, these are known facts you either accept that or not.

Major I agree with you about racism towards white people but the problem is if you look at the bigger picture coloured people everywhere are still being exploited and treated badly by the white man. So as as white person we get some of it back, yes thats not right but I'm afraid we will have to live with it till things improve for all of us.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
Because when white people talk on this subject, many of them are labelled racist.

In the UK, if a white person attacks a black person because they are black, judges can add extra jail time.

If a black person attacks a white people because they are white, the same rules do not apply and the crime is seen as just an assult crime.

Not true, at least in a legal sense. Racialy motivated crimes work both ways. In fact, 4 Asian-Muslims were sentenced for a string of racially motivated crimes, including the murder of a teenage boy only last year.

Crime is crime is crime. The colur of one's skin should not make a different so why have we allowed our politicans to create laws that define crime based on the colour of your skin.

Indeed. The South park episode "Cartmans Hate Crime" sums it up nicely.

Bottom line is we have elected Government that put such laws upon us.

We elect them under a certain set of policies. They then backtrack, wish-wash and flip-flop, putting laws no one even asked for on the statute.

I swear, Laws should be passed by National referendum, we have the technology to enable online voting. Make it compulsory as well.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

We elect them under a certain set of policies. They then backtrack, wish-wash and flip-flop, putting laws no one even asked for on the statute.

I swear, Laws should be passed by National referendum, we have the technology to enable online voting. Make it compulsory as well.

I dont think our politicians are necessarily wishey washey becuase policies must change and be updated acording to the ever changing socio and economic structures we live in. To say a law of 200 years ago should stand today may not be practical or ethical by todays standards, so policie should always be reviewed constantly.

The problem with passing laws via public national referendum is the majority is not always right (Hitler had good backing) and added to that the majority will almost always seek to pass laws which have negative outcomes for minority groups. There are countless examples of this throughout history.
Besides the overwhelming majority of people are not educated enough on the subject of law and ethics to really have a good enough understanding to have any say as to the consequences of changing law at any level.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaper2
Besides the overwhelming majority of people are not educated enough on the subject of law and ethics to really have a good enough understanding to have any say as to the consequences of changing law at any level.

This leads nicely on to another gripe of mine...

People should EARN the right to vote, rather than given everyone the right when it is plainly obvious that a good portion of the populace either do not vote anyway or are do not seem to understand what is at stake.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

This leads nicely on to another gripe of mine...

People should EARN the right to vote, rather than given everyone the right when it is plainly obvious that a good portion of the populace either do not vote anyway or are do not seem to understand what is at stake.

I think you have a very valid point, but this raises all kinds of problems like the the rights of an individual, sovereignity of individuals also it could open the door to abuse where the level of understanding is so high that the poor will obviously suffer not being as educated as richer people then the upper classes could do whatever they want.
also there is the problem of funding this education, it might be a good idea to introduce some kind of subject regarding this at secondary school level.

Really good point Stu but I really would'nt know where to start.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Unfortunately, blacks, hispanics and other people, usually poor and downtrodden, resort to crime in desperation. And yea, unfortunately, the police will beat on the "lower" (in their own words) people anyways, aka the poor. And the vast majority of the poor are minorities, unfortunately.

Unfortunately, this has been going on for so long, that theres become a resentment in the "poor" communities against the police. Its not just black people that hate the police, all poor people hate the police, and I should know I grew up poor surrounded by poor black and white kids. The poor get picked on the most by this corrupt system. And many years ago, it was especially bad for blacks because yes there was some degree of racism involved, which has left a bad taste in the minds of the black people, and now theyre all sensitive about it.

But again, negativity breeds negativity, and no wonder were seeing all this division in our society now, with massive help from the corporate world no doubt. You pick on the poor and downtrodden and you expect them not to resent you? Gimme a break.

I dont think racism is the issue here. I think prejudice is the issue here. Prejudice against poor people. No one has a heart for the poor, especially not the police, trust me Im talking from experience. They will pick on the poor more. Black people have been kept poor, the American people as a whole have been kept poor, in a broader sense of the word, and what we have now is manufactured dependence. We depend on our job, our salary, our work. Most of us cannot take 6 months off when we want, or wed lose everything. Imagine how it is for someone on welfare, living off 500 dollars a month?

Until we do something about the poverty in this country, and about the massive imbalance of wealth in this world, and the total inequality that is rampant on this planet, we are gonna keep seeing crime and racism, and prejudice, and all types of other things most people get angry about.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by redseal
Ya the reverse racisum thing is getting a little out of controll, when was the last time a white person was the victim of a hate crime?

white people are the victims of hate crimes from other white people too, it's called beating on "*insert racial slur* lovers" and white supremacists do it all the time.

the issue is that there are more white people in this country, and by far more hate groups run by white people than any other group

If you kill someone isnt that based out of hate??

not always, what if you're in self-defense?

Race has nothing to do with it.

unless five guys from the aryan brotherhood go out and beat a black guy to death for dating a white woman...

I dont know, I started this thread after reading another about white this white that. Im just so sick and tired being blamed for the worlds problems because I am white.

well, i wouldn't blame you specifically, but a hell of a lot of the world's problems have been caused by white people, mainly because of imperialism that took part prior to and following world war one.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

well, i wouldn't blame you specifically, but a hell of a lot of the world's problems have been caused by white people, mainly because of imperialism that took part prior to and following world war one.

LOUD AND CLEAR REVERSE RACISUM!!!

If I even said anything remotly close to this regarding a black person, I would probably be banned from this website!!

Or should I?? Care to explain blacks, mexicans, and gangs!!?? I think alot more problems are cause by black gangbangers than whites!

OHHHHHH YAAAAAAAA, lets hear it you politically correct buffoons!!!

Giggy giggy wit it dog, yo, yo

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You know it would be nice if rasicsm never existed.
But it does.
Thats why certain events are termed the way they are.
Innocent Indians get shot by police in Canada way too much...due to rascism.
You not living in the real world.
May I remind you that the USA had civil war over black slaves.
The rest of the world knew it was wrong and had stopped.
But no the USA had to split and war over slaves.
The KKK, the entire black movement to find some equality...
trust me rascism is alive and well especially in the USA
and your ovbiously not black or native north american.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Its not a race thing its a money thing..cash is king and you are judged in this country by how much you got...We all pray to the same green paper god.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by KLSyesca]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
You know it would be nice if rasicsm never existed.
But it does.
Thats why certain events are termed the way they are.
Innocent Indians get shot by police in Canada way too much...due to rascism.
You not living in the real world.
May I remind you that the USA had civil war over black slaves.
The rest of the world knew it was wrong and had stopped.
But no the USA had to split and war over slaves.
The KKK, the entire black movement to find some equality...
trust me rascism is alive and well especially in the USA
and your ovbiously not black or native north american.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by junglelord]

Sorry pal the USA ended slavery some time ago!!

Their is still slavery accross the globe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go rant and rave to those countries!!

Again blame the USA for the worlds troubles!!

Oh ya who was it that sold slaves to America back in the day??, It was black tribal leaders from Africa!!!! That never seems to get mentioned! Huh wonder why? Cuz you all need to blame whitey for everything, simple as that!!

Never mind that blacks sold blacks to america, thats irrelivent!

Its like saying drug dealers arent responsible for meth heads!!

What a stupid comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
you can deny history all you want

they may have ended slavery but it took a civil war to do it.
Sad...
the underground railroad to our country Canada was a important part of the civil war and the freedom of the innocent men and women from the slave trade.

Canada is a land of univerisal health care and universal equality (except native north americans IMO).

It is a beautiful country and whats good about the world. I do not lock my door when I go out or at night.

Concering slavery everyone else just stopped cause they knew it was wrong. but oh no not the red white and blue, historicly you were kinda slow.

The way I see it only half of your country could figure it out so all the intelligent honest ones defeated the stupid hillbilly two tooth south boys
thank God

but still the evil lurked!
the KKK came from the southern states, cant deny that.
I have seen the hillybilly jerry springer black haters.
man what a brain washed cult of sad evil haters of innocent people.
black equality is a national issue still and I guess your too young or ignorant to have seen any film of the race equality movement of the 60's. like thats long ago...
so now its all hunky dory????

your living in a cave
and your white

[edit on 24-5-2007 by junglelord]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join