It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese writing '8,000 years old' found.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I know quite a bit about Chinese history and culture as i have been studying it for over 4 years now.
The Chinese script first appeared at the start of the Shang Dynasty, the people of that era carved prophcies and stories onto animal bones and tortise shells.
That was were the written Chinese language started, it coudn't have started 8000 years ago as organized Chinese society and culture did not exist back that far.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Have you read any of the posts in this thread or the links that have been supplied? Just asking.
Thanks for your expert opinion.

mojo

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
In 1996 in the Alti region a 3,000 year old, mummified Scythian princess was unearthed covered in tattoos which were like pictograms. Her skin was preserved so that the tattoos could be viewed. This is early evidence of some sort of pictograms along the Silk road cultures. Here's some links:

www.freerepublic.com...

www.sibtours.com...

To say that the oldest known evidence of Chinese writing only extends back to a certain era does not of itself say that this is the the beginning of such writing. It is merely proof of the oldest known examples. It's hard to accept that a complex writing system just appears out of nowhere, with no earlier process of evolution.

Sorry to hijack the thread again Mojo, but I didn't respond to Bryd's claim:

Erm... there wasn't a Pharaoh Cephren. Ever. Honest.

Byrd Chephren is also known by the name Kafre I understand, but there are references to Cephren other than Wikipedia.

www.pilotguides.com... /middle_east_and_north_africa/egypt/pyramids_of_giza.php

Here's a list of pharonic dynaties... Cephren (Khafre) 2520 - 2494BC

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Yeah well as it happens Welsh legend revolves around a Welsh prince known as Madoc and I originally hail from a small port called Portmadoc (Porthmadoc if you're Welsh)

what do you think of the origins of the children of Don ?Sy
and
Gunson ?
is that a local welsh name ?

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Byrd like your friend Marduk you selectively only quote that which serves your arguments.

We can discuss this in another thread if you like, but I think the evidence that the story was fabricated is pretty clear.

French fur trader Jacques d’Eglise first reported the welsh speaking tribe in 1792. It may interest you that several words in Welsh are similar to their french equivalents.

(etc from wikipedia)

The article also goes on to say that the "white Indians" were also supposed to be Irish or Portugese as well as Welsh.

The language of the Mandans is Siouan, not Welsh and has no Welsh mixed in with it.

As for the Egyptian mummies your dismissal is also biased and misleading. These mummies were not displayed at 18 century parties. Instead there was a craze for grinding them up to dust and then consuming their dust infused in drinks.

Some were, but others were unwrapped for their treasures (the amulets) and then kept around as curiosities. It's these mummies that were studied.

It's also slightly misleading to say that no other mummies since have yielded such results. The fact is that the Egyptians nowadays would resist mummies being exhumed for such analysis and many museums would probably not allow it either.

You're probably not a constant reader of archaeological newsfeeds, but in fact mummies are exhumed nowadays and they do run analysis on them. It's kind of a geeky thing, but I do like to read recent news on them when I find it. Here's one source I use very occasionally:

amscresearch.com...

amscresearch.com...

Balabanova's first tests were not on mummies from 18th century parlours, but rather from well documented exhibits in the Munich museum.

Donated by private individuals. Not "fresh from the field." Anyway, there's anothet thread on this. Would you like me to find it?

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

To say that the oldest known evidence of Chinese writing only extends back to a certain era does not of itself say that this is the the beginning of such writing. It is merely proof of the oldest known examples. It's hard to accept that a complex writing system just appears out of nowhere, with no earlier process of evolution.

Very good point, and it is what really interests me most with this latest discovery, the evolution of the characters and symbols of the Chinese writing, and any possible influence from outside of the Chinese culture, particularly from Mesopotamia via the silk road.

Sorry to hijack the thread again Mojo, but I didn't respond to Bryd's claim:

No problem. Thanks for those links, i'll check them out.

mojo

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hey Marduk

Welcome back old son. You've been AWOL. This place gets awful quiet when you're not around.

I was born in Wales, but raised in New Zealand. My surname is Viking in origin from my father. My mother is Welsh.

I will surely get slaughtered for this Marduk, but nope I haven't heard of the children of Don. Could you either provide a link or describe it briefly please ?

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
hmmm i'll send you the info in a pm
they were the ancient welsh gods so its probably your country men who'd slaughter you
the red dragon on your flag was the symbol of the god of the earth Dewi
Y Ddraig Goch a ddyry Gychwyn

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Whether or not I agree with your views Marduk, your incredibly wide knowledge continues to amaze me.

I am embarassed that only my mother is a fluent Welsh speaker. I have to reach for the dictionary. Cheers.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join