It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CoG: National Security Presidential Directive #51

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
You are oh-so-right. I've been talking with some very interesting people since I joined ATS. I know I promised a thread on revolt, but there just sooo much information to present that it's taking a long time to write what little you see...at first. I'm trying to boil it all down so that all you read is desne material.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Justin Oldham

well if we read in between the lines... this basically allows the gov to create bunkers and any other installation they believe useful in other to ensure the CoG....... as well as choose who in fact makes the cut to these places... who will be saved and who wont...... nevermind all the other powers that this gives the government.... lets study who the president put as head of this plan... and who they are link to each other.... i wouldnt be surprise if that person is also skull and bones or something crazy like that.... hey maybe.... it is also link to the whole 2012 world's devastation or something.... nevertheless this is a very interesting stuff.... people!... dont over look this new decision for the government is ensuring they survive and not you... the people.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Political and social elites in every country will always take steps to preserve themselves. Now that we really are headed in to a difficult decade in which anything is possible. I do think we need to look at what the government does, and why.

This E.O. makes it clear that Federal officials assume that most of us are hlstile to them. They now regard us as a threat, on the same level as the trans-national terror threat. Interesting how the same tools can be used against both of the things they now fear.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It's the annexes that we don't know. What do they contain? We won't know unless or until an "emergency" occurs.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
There ahs been a lot of speculation over the years about the exact contents of the emerency bunkers that Federal officials might use. Once upon a time, during the Cold War, there was a lot of material out that touted the virtues of Federal and private bunkers.

The essential anatomy of these bunkers can still be seen in the old Greenbriar Federal bunker.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Justin,

I have one question. While they plan for continuity of government, for the people of this country, how is this any different from the John Warner Defense Authorization Act?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarlett1125
Justin, I have one question. While they plan for continuity of government, for the people of this country, how is this any different from the John Warner Defense Authorization Act?

For those who don't know, the John Warner Defense Authorization Act was signed in to law in 2006.

In effect, the Warner Act enables martial law. It overrides the Posse Comitatus Act that dates from the civil war and that prohibits the use of military forces in domestic affairs. The Warner Act allows the President to take control over the National Guard units over the objections of state governors and use the guard to conduct roundups, mass detentions and anything else that might be justified by him upon his declaration of a "public emergency."

Source and Commentary

Under the terms of this legislation, the President has to consult with a limited number of people before he/she can go ahead and declare martial law. All he/she really has to do is tell 'em that martial law is going to be declared.

As the author of this commentary points out, President Bush's Signing Statement strongly suggests that he doesn't believe he needs to consult or inform anyone that he's going to drop the hammer.

National Security Presidential Directive #51 was signed in to active status in May of 2007. Provisions in the John Warner Act streamline the declaration of emergency, but...Directive #51 steamlines the process of "consolidation" that would take place immediately following the start of Martial Law.

Each of these legal items represent a sinister step down a long and dangerous path from which there might be no return. When view in the context of the Reviced Patriot Act, and the Military Commissions Act, it's all very scary. The next President, whomever that will be, is going to have access to total power. This is the number one thing that I've been afraid since I first published in 2004.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Justin,

I just want to thank you for responding to my post. It's so nice to get answers from someone who has more experience and understanding of all of this than I do. I'm pretty intelligent, but I am also very busy. I try to keep up, but there really just aren't enough hours in the day!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
That's why I'm here. Funny thing is, if life had worked out just a tiny bit differently, I wouldn't have become a writer or an ATS member. It's ironic to me.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
i don't think that anything will happen in a drastic way. but more so in a gradual removal of our rights under the premis that it is for our protection. such as real i.d., large gov. shared data basis, ect. all of which are underway. once the people are counted and tracked the can then force them to do as they will. most will follow willingly those who do not...well.....they will be considerd at threat to security.
sorry i know this sounds very propagandaish. but it's just a senerio.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Everything you just said is already happening. The terrible truth is that there are still a lot of small steps to be taken before the population is entirely subdued. Thanks for stoping in to post.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Bush doesn't need to create an emergency. The emergency which was enacted after 9-11 is being renewed every year.

uscode.house.gov...

excerpt from above document: (through 2005)

CONTINUATION OF NATIONAL EMERGENCY DECLARED BY PROC. NO. 7463
Notice of President of the United States, dated Sept. 8, 2005, 70
F.R. 54229, provided:
Consistent with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act
(50 U.S.C. 1622(d)), I am continuing for 1 year the national
emergency I declared on September 14, 2001, in Proclamation 7463
[set out above], with respect to the terrorist attacks at the World
Trade Center, New York, New York, and the Pentagon, and the
continuing and immediate threat of further attacks on the United
States.
By Executive Order 13223 of September 14, 2001 [10 U.S.C. 12302
note] and Executive Order 13253 of January 16, 2002 [10 U.S.C.
12302 note], I delegated authority to the Secretary of Defense and
the Secretary of Transportation to order members of the Reserve
Components to active duty and to waive certain statutory military
personnel requirements. By Executive Order 13235 of November 16,
2001 [10 U.S.C. 2808 note], I delegated authority to the Secretary
of Defense to exercise certain emergency construction authority. By
Executive Order 13286 of February 28, 2003 [6 U.S.C. 111 note], I
transferred the authority delegated to the Secretary of
Transportation in Executive Order 13223 to the Secretary of
Homeland Security.
Because the terrorist threat continues, the national emergency
declared on September 14, 2001, and the measures taken on September
14, 2001, November 16, 2001, and January 16, 2002, to deal with
that emergency, must continue in effect beyond September 14, 2005.
Therefore, I am continuing in effect for an additional year the
national emergency I declared on September 14, 2001, with respect
to the terrorist threat. This notice shall be published in the
Federal Register and transmitted to the Congress.
George W. Bush.

Prior continuations of national emergency declared by Proc. No.
7463 were contained in the following:
Notice of President of the United States, dated Sept. 10, 2004,
69 F.R. 55313.
Notice of President of the United States, dated Sept. 10, 2003,
68 F.R. 53665.
Notice of President of the United States, dated Sept. 12, 2002,
67 F.R. 58317.

I am looking for the 2006 & 2007 continuations. I heard they exist.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I do not see a threat to the constitution in this document, on the contrary, this looks to have been well and deliberately crafted to ensure the constitutions's preservation during a state of emergency.

This may very well be a response to defend "The Constitution" from "The John Warner Defense Authorization Act".

With this in place, even in a state of national crisis, the President gains no further authority, and in fact the heads of the seperate functions of government become more autonomous than ever in the fulfillment of their dutys.

I suggest that this document is a hedge against the threat of dictatorship.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
With all due respect, I see this directive as a streamlining of the process by which power is transfered to the Executive. This is an action order, just waiting to be implemented.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well, here is the continuation from the white house page:

www.whitehouse.gov...

My point is that the emergency was never rescinded so the president does not have to declare another state of emergency for the COG plans to be implemented. They are still in affect.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The COG was implemented on 911 .

IIn the 911 commission report page 326 on the google books of the report

:

"The secretary of defense directed the nation's armed forces to Defense Condition 3, an increased state of military readiness. For the first time in history, all nonemergency civilian aircraft in the United States were grounded, stranding tens of thousands of passengers across the country. Contingency plans for the continuity of government and the evacuation of leaders had been implemented."
books.google.com... +implemented%22&ei=F9CvR5TzAabutAORrZiABg&sig=bf8Cb56WVwmlBb-PxcWO4pW8POY#PPA326,M1

much easier read than downloading the PDF report from the gov

The question is not if it was it implemented but has it ever been rescinded .

Personally i think not

Umm ever wonder why even with the land slide for the democrats , Bush still gets almost everything he wants the war hasnt slowed down Or impeachment will never be brought out of commission.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
You're both making good points. From where I sit, even if the "rescending" argument does NOT hold water, this directive is still a fast track to tyranny. Congress doesn't have to be consulted, which does worry me. It's that whole checks and balances thing. Have a good weekend.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Will the conflict with israel and palestine result in d-51?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join