It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please stop with the 2012 A.D nonsense.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Yup that's what it is, why the crap is everyone so obsessed with the world ending in 2012? Are your lives really that pathetic that you hope for imminent destruction upon mankind?

Sorry to tell you, but it's not ending in 2012, just like it didn't end in 2000.

Also, what's with this theory stating that mankind will obtain a higher consciousness? It sounds like a bunch of new age mumbo-jumbo to me.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
ok but can we talk about the Rapture

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
No, it's off topic, plus the rapture is a fake theory created by the Millerites in the 19th century.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I dont buy either one
but I have seen many sold

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Im not real familr with the 2012, which will soon change (gonna read up on it tonite). However, I think, its the end of the mayan calender. Maybe someone can send me a cool link so I can catch up on it.
Anyway I was thinking about it today and thought how cool would it be if thats when the aliens return. In other words they told the old world (Mayans maybe) thats when they would return. Maybe it takes them this long to make a round trip.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The mayans have (had) several different types of calenders for different purposes, i,e one simular to the gregorian one for planting crops etc cos that needed to be yearly.

Can't remember the specifics at the moment, but the one refered to in all this about 2012 has a system of so many symbols and I think 12 numbers, so a date could be something along the lines of sun - cow - 4 or something. It wasn't to hard to find out when I went looking for is ages ago.

One thing I do remember for sure is that if you extrapulate fowards the calender does 'end' in 2012, then it simply begins again. That will be the 4th time, as we are currently in the 3rd cycle. Hope that helps a bit

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I thought 2012 signified entering the fifth cycle?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Im not real familr with the 2012, which will soon change (gonna read up on it tonite).

I hope you don't think you can read it all tonight. Here's a list of quite a few threads right here on ATS. There's more outside of this, but a lot of the best ones are mentioned here:

2012 Thread Index-- Read All About the End of the World

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
according to wiki (for what its worth!!)

According to the Maya there will be a baktun ending in 2012, a significant event being the end of the 13th 400 year period, but not the end of the world

so 13th whould guess, the article goes on a bit, have a look bout half way down, its titled 2012 and the Long Count.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

I hope you don't think you can read it all tonight. Here's a list of quite a few threads right here on ATS. There's more outside of this, but a lot of the best ones are mentioned here:

2012 Thread Index-- Read All About the End of the World

Thanks, yeah your right maybe not all tonite. I just keep seeing the 2012 stuff just havent got to it yet. No better time than the present. Heck if I wait to long it will be 2012. Time sure seems to go by faster as you get older, maybe thats a conspiracy.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
So according to the Mayans the world is 5200 years old?

Strange how that almost coincides with the age young earth creationists believe.

[edit on 17-5-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
ok but can we talk about the Rapture

So maybe the Rapture occurs in 2012

Seriously though Why are people so obsessed with a Mayan prophecy? Why are they any better than anyone elses prophecies? Why mix Mayan myth with New Age UFO Theosophist crap. Whats the point in that? I am preparing to write my own "Space Opera" dealing with 2012, maybe I can make some money off of gulible people
and get tax exempt while I'm at it.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
From what I understand there is a geological occurrence...(this is all from memory here people so please leave my bottom intact... thank you) that is supposed to occur around the 2012 period. Basically this occurrence is a shift of the magnetic poles of the earth. The earth does not actually move, but magnetically they reverse. scientists have speculated that our rivers will flow backwards, and that the changing of the tides through an occurrence of this magnitude would cause global flooding,(and from what i understand drying... water relocates, new land is exposed old land is washed over... etc) this is what I have understood to be the entire running theme of the 2012 ideology that something actually would happen around this time... I have a feeling it is all coincidental, and that these two dates are coinciding for nothing but ironic reasons.. or it could all be a crock o' poo.

the only way to know what will happen in 2012, be it nothing; a drop in the bucket; or the annihilation of the earth is to wait until January 1st 2013 and see what happened.

SERIOUSLY READ.... MY 2 CENTS ONLY... Nothing I say is fact, unless you want to validate it for yourself(I'm lazy like that)

Coven Out

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
If memory serves me, the mayans believed strongly in cycles. Anything significant that occurs will happen again in some form. But I think it did have something to do with great change for 2012. People can draw on that whatever they wish, total destruction or enlightenment, pick your flavor. What's unique about 2012 and the mayans is that they predicted a winter solstice thousands of years before hand, and it coincides with a cool celestial alignment of the sun, earth, and center of the galaxy. Personally, I say sit back and watch. If humanity ascends into a higher plane of existence, cool. If we make contact with extra terrestrial intelligence, sweet. If Jesus comes back and takes all the arrogant televangelist who live in multi-million dollar mansions, ROCK ON. Say nothing at all happens, just another day, it's cool. There's always the next dooms day prophecy. (2013... it has 13 in it, must be bad news. Oh no! 2666 has 666 in it. Or 2022/2040/2013/2031 because they add up to 6)

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Sorry to tell you, but it's not ending in 2012, just like it didn't end in 2000.

You know, technically, people can be as sure that the world will end in 2012 as you are sure that it won't. Point is, none of us know. Speculate all you want, but saying 'the world won't end in 2012' is just as arrogant as saying 'the world will end in 2012'. Let's stick to 'maybe' 'possibly' 'might' or even 'probably' but steer well clear of the 'wills' and 'wonts'.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Yup that's what it is, why the crap is everyone so obsessed with the world ending in 2012? Are your lives really that pathetic that you hope for imminent destruction upon mankind?

Also, what's with this theory stating that mankind will obtain a higher consciousness? It sounds like a bunch of new age mumbo-jumbo to me.

Any proof? Some of us like the idea of total annihilation. I know I do!

With regards to the 2012 theories I remain firmly on the fence.

PS - I absolutely adore your avatar! (sad git here is currently playing through it for the 1000th time)

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
2012 is crap ? hell no, well maybe ...right. I aint sure and no one else on the planet is. The fact is through out history cultures and civilizations that never comunicated (to our knowledge) said 2012, now this is either the biggest coinsednce in history or there is some thing about it. I aint going to try to convince you because its up too you, but do some reading and you'll see that there may be some thing more to it.

Take Care, Vix

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks the world will end in 2012 is jumping on the fear wagon. If this is the only info you've been reading on 2012 then your looking at the wrong sources.

It's not the end, it's a new beginning. There's a planetary alignment due to happen on roughly 24th Dec 2012 and it's the dawning of the Age of Aquarius. Some really cool stuff is gonna happen, not instantly but gradually. We're gonna take control of our lives again. The awakening in the lead up to it is already happening. More and more people are realising that things in the world aren't adding up and the wrong people are in power. I's time for us to stand up and realise who and what we really are.

Saying the world will end in 2012 just cause the Mayan calendar ends ther is completely wrong.

Ram

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The Mayan Calendar is astrology.
the twelve houses - And so is the bible.
And the koran - and all the rest of them religions.

the 2012 thing is proberly a mistake that have to do with the 12 houses of the Zodiac...

[edit on 18-5-2007 by Ram]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Its just the gullableness of mankind. yeh its true the mayan calendar ends on either the 21st 22nd or 23rd of december 2012 but just because of that there are people out there who will try to make something big out of what is a relatively small deal.

And it is the 5th period that we are supposed to be entering when we realise that god is whithin ourselves. if thats true then all i can say is its about time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join