It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrants Question Senate Deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Illegal Immigrants Question Senate Deal

baynews9.com

David Guerra wants to be legal, but he says the path to citizenship offered by the Senate on Thursday would be too risky and too expensive, and could end up driving him deeper into the shadows.

Guerra's wife and children in El Salvador depend on the $300 he sends home each month from his job as a day laborer. Key provisions of the legislation would require him to return home to apply for residency, pay a $5,000 fine and spend thousands more in application fees.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-5-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Why is that the illegals just will not get it. You have two ways of entering the US that are illegal or legal and no matter what anyone does they still complain. I want to know why????

baynews9.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Guerra's wife and children... depend on the $300 he sends home each month from his job
What I would like to know is why they always have a family before they can pay for one.

apc

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Sucks to be Guerra. Sucks to be his wife. Sucks to be his children. And it definitely sucks to live in El Salvador. But just where do they get the idea that their problems are mine?

Let them all starve to death. Evolution at its finest.

Unfortunately reality is not going to be so ideal. They're going to stay no matter what Congress does. Glad I already speak Spanish.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego

Guerra's wife and children... depend on the $300 he sends home each month from his job
What I would like to know is why they always have a family before they can pay for one.

Because it's part of their culture, and it'sd a way to make a living, it's the reason there are
so many families with 5+ kids in other developing countries.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Because it's part of their culture, and it'sd a way to make a living, it's the reason there are
so many families with 5+ kids in other developing countries.

That may be, but as the man above says, "why is that our problem"?

Round 'em up and send 'em home.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Escrotumus, well said.

The Illegal aliens should be very thankful for any deal they get. They entered America ILLEGALLY! And America is bending backwards to accommodate them.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Escrotumus

Considering that we know the kind of life that they were born into, it would be immoral
to do so, as you would be condemning them to at the most an incredibly shortened lifespan.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

Originally posted by Escrotumus

Considering that we know the kind of life that they were born into, it would be immoral
to do so, as you would be condemning them to at the most an incredibly shortened lifespan.
I don't want to do that to anyone. I am curious as to waht your solution is.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Wait a moment, Mr. Guerra and the rest of the illegal have the rights to talk to congress and be listened, but legal tax payer American citizens’ voices are forgotten?

Since when the American voters' place in this nation has become second class citizens.

It is clear that American voters and tax payers has been against amnesty and any deals that gives a free pass for law braking illegal in our nation but we have been totally ignored by the same people that we legally elected to serve and protect us.

Incredible and then I am suppose to feel sorry with his situation, who feel sorry for mine when as a legal voter and tax payer I have been ignored by the people I voted in to serve me.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic
I am curious as to what your solution is.

Well it is'nt one single thing, as much as it is a few things.

1. Get all the undocumented workers/illegal immigrants/whatever other terms exist who
have come here tow do honest work and make a better life for themselves
(the majority) and give them the option to take the citizenship test now if they feel they could pass it, or give them the option to study and learn to pass it,
and if they did'nt know English, to teach them English.

2. Help uplift the countries they come from to at least near our socioeconomic
standing and get rid of the massive amount of corruption in the countries that it plagues.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
They asked for a way to and they got one, I do not feel sorry for them.

America is a land of immigrants - and the very idea that there is "no vacancy" should be ignored. Any American who thinks this way is a Heretic. Very few people are native to this land, we call them Indians.

Sure - there are a few bad apples, but this is true with immigrants from all corners of the globe. The crimes these people commit can only be resolved by looking at our current laws and policies, and changing them so that the motivation or vehicle to profit is removed or seriously reduced.

We can start by legalizing Marijuana. How often do you hear of Mexicans smuggling Tequila into our country? You don't. There is also another form of smuggling that is much more sinister in nature, human trafficking. Hopefully the guest worker program will reduce this under ground industry as well.

We also need to seal the border in a manner that surpasses its current state.

The idea that we should let them starve is contrary to my views of what being and American is. We have an obligation to help and support those in our hemisphere - else someone else will. That influence may come from a country we do not have such good standings with.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by crisko]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

get rid of the massive amount of corruption in the countries that it plagues

I suggest we start with our own country. That's where the problem lies.

Very few people are native to this land

Actually most people in this country were born here, thus making them natives.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by starviego]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I suggest we start with our own country. That's where the problem lies.

While we do have corruption in our own government, it does'nt come anywhere close to the corruption in some of the Central and South American governments, Mexico especially.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Very few people are native to this land

Actually most people in this country were born here, thus making them natives.

Playing the semantic game eh? I'll rephrase;

Our own government has definitions of what a Native American is and extends special benefits to them.

Being born here does not make you a Native American, but an American citizen.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by crisko]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
- As long as they pay taxes like I do

- They speak English, and meet requirements equivalent to that expected of a US citizen

- We build a fence (fortified with turrets) that keep illegals out

- Amnesty is not given to those already here

... Then I say, ok let them in. This country was built on immigration. They will come no matter what, it's inevitable.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

This country was built on immigration
Actually most of the laboring classes from our nation's past have always been native born.

They will come no matter what
They come because the government is letting them in. If we denied them entry, whether by enforcing immigration laws or adequately staffing the border patrol, they will stop attempting to cross the border, as their chances of success would be too low.

Really people, protecting your national borders is not rocket science. Its been done for thousands of years.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by starviego]

[edit on 25-5-2007 by starviego]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
explain "letting them in"

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Well the "this is not amnesty" amnesty program being presented here is a compromise on the grandest of scales. The large companies that employs the cheeper labor does not want to lose their cheep labor. They are even willing to increase to minimum wage to keep their labor costs down. The government does not want to go through the time and expense to find, detain and extradite the illegal aliens that are here. 12-20 million at about $4500 each is a whole lot of money to spend to follow the will of the people. Besides, the people only vote the businesses make large campaign contributions. Government knows where the bread is buttered.

The simple most cost effective way to remove the illegals would not happen due to moral and political objections. But in the intrest of why it won't happen I will say how to do it. All it would take is an executive order stating that it is illegal for them to be here. You have 90 days to leave the country peacefully. On the 90th day the American people have full and legal right to enforce the law by shooting on sight anyone that is here illegally without harrassment or prosecution.

As you can see, that would never happen...but it would work and work very effectively. Most effective would be the consciencous objectors that would smuggle out any illegals found after the 90 days. I am sure a provision or tax exemption could be made to help compensate the expenses of smuggling people out.

top topics

join