posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:17 AM
1. Tactical awareness. Always be aware and respond accordingly. In a perfect world you would have never been there when they came walking up, you
would have walked up to a house and pretended like you lived there, walked to a store, got into your car (or whatever else). There is NO substitute
for tactical awareness.
2. Look intimidating. I never get messed with, I have never been in a fight (I'm 27) and for one simple reason - I don't look like the kind of guy
you should mess with. I've lived in some pretty bad parts of town, cases when I was the racial minority by something like 95%. Been in all kinds of
situations where predators should flock to me like "white on rice" but they never do, because they know
(btw I'm not a big guy, not very
muscular and all that). Watch some animal planet, you'll learn that 3/4 of "fighting" and "defense" is nothing more than posturing.
3. Learn a bit of (practical) self defense. Pressure point stuff, like hitting someone in the throat, the where large bundles of nerves are, or how
to break a wrist in 2 seconds. Almost any bad buy will take a few bruises, no one wants a broken wrist.
5. Carry some form of a weapon.
6. Know when you hold'm and know when to fold'm.