It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerry Falwell found unconscious,:Update Falwell Passed Away

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Jerry Falwell found unconscious, hospitalized

www.msnbc.msn.com

LYNCHBURG, Va. - The Rev. Jerry Falwell was found unconscious in his office Tuesday and taken to the hospital, a Liberty University executive told a newspaper. Ron Godwin, the executive vice president of the school, told The News & Advance of Lynchburg that Falwell was found unconscious after missing an appointment Tuesday morning. Falwell was taken to Lynchburg General Hospital around noon, the newspaper reported on its Web site.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-5-2007 by Shar]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well I wonder what happen?

How bad is he?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

This is just breaking.

They said he's in serious condition. " Gravely Ill"

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It would appear that all the negative energy he has directed outward during his long "crusade" has finally come home to roost.
Or maybe he is just getting old.
Remember to say a prayer for him. Pray that he will not be treated by others as they have been treated by him.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Well, I just got one of those CNN text alert things...

It said CPR was being administered.

Now, the deal with CPR is it's only effective if performed within a few short minutes of when the person's heart stopped. So if it's true that he was found after missing an appointment, and they're doing CPR now... the chances of him making it are slim to none.

At the same time, an EMS crew is not allowed to do CPR on someone with obvious signs of death, so...

Either someone misread some info, or they found him unconscious and he went into cardiac arrest when they tried to move him.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
No fan of Jerry's here.
But, I wish no ill will towards him.

I suppose his god will sort it all out.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I was just reading about him and was shocked at some of his stuff. For instant:

Falwell grew up in a strongly segregationist setting and supported racial segregation for the first few years of his career. In 1965 Reverend Falwell gave a sermon at his Thomas Road Baptist Church criticizing Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement, which he sometimes referred to as the Civil Wrongs Movement. On his Evangelist program The Old-Time Gospel Hour in the mid 60s he regularly featured Segregationist politicians like Lester Maddox and George Wallace.
He often spoke out in favor of the racist position in those days. His views eventually shifted and he is now against segregation.

Falwell is a controversial subject for his theological, political and social beliefs. After the September 11, 2001, attacks Falwell said on the 700 Club, "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"

en.wikipedia.org...

I had no clue he spoke like this. I never followed his teachings or anything. It's shocking.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I just saw this in Breaking News on CNN...

In fact I was going to post this, but you beat me to it.

What did I do when I read the breaking news?

I CHEERED! WHOOO! Now all we need is for this to happen to Pat Robertson and Fred Phelps!

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
I CHEERED! WHOOO! Now all we need is for this to happen to Pat Robertson and Fred Phelps!

What is this crap? Someone is having major medical problems or perhaps is even dead and you celebrate?

And you think you're any better than him?

Sheesh..

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

What is this crap? Someone is having major medical problems or perhaps is even dead and you celebrate?

And you think you're any better than him?

Sheesh..

The guy is wacko insane. He supported segregation, plus he said 9/11 was caused by the pagans, the feminists, the homosexuals, among other things, when it was quite obviously done by Islamic extremists.

Plus, the guy wants to de-secularize our country and force everyone to be Christian.

Seriously this is one guy we could do without. Looks like all that "bad karma" caught up with him.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
At the age of 22, having just graduated from college in June of 1956, Jerry Falwell returned to his hometown of Lynchburg, Virginia and started Thomas Road Baptist Church with 35 members. The offering that first Sunday totaled $135. Falwell often says about the first collection, “we thought we had conquered the world”. Today Thomas Road Church has 24,000 members and the total annual revenues of all the Jerry Falwell ministries total over $200 million.

Within weeks of founding his new church in 1956, Falwell began the Old-Time Gospel Hour, a daily local radio ministry and a weekly local television ministry. Nearly five decades later, this Old-Time Gospel Hour is now seen and heard in every American home and on every continent except Antarctica. Through the years, over three million persons have communicated to the Falwell ministries that they received Christ as Lord and Savior as a result of this radio and television ministry.
In 1967, Falwell implemented his vision to build a Christian educational system for evangelical youth. He began with the creation of Lynchburg Christian Academy, a Christ-centered, academically excellent, fully accredited Christian day school providing kindergarten, elementary and high school. In 1971, Liberty University was founded. Today, over 21,500 students from 50 states and 80 nations attend this accredited, liberal arts Christian university. Falwell’s dream has become a reality. A pre-school child can now enter the school system at age 3, and 20 or more years later, leave the same campus with a Ph.D., without ever sitting in a classroom where the teacher was not a committed follower of Jesus Christ.

More can be found here.

www.falwell.com...

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It was raining outside--I was bummed-out about not being able to mow ther lawn, then all of a sudden I saw the news about pig face and the sun broke through at the same time. Maybe there is a God--but I doubt it--just a couple chips falling right.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yeah I can't get too broken up about it.

An evil man famous for preaching hatred... I supposed I should feel bad about it but I don't, not at all.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kazi
It was raining outside--I was bummed-out about not being able to mow ther lawn, then all of a sudden I saw the news about pig face and the sun broke through at the same time. Maybe there is a God--but I doubt it--just a couple chips falling right.

Yeah, its something that I needed to cheer me up, since Friday I've been really depressed due to personal issues. This is just what I needed!

Its funny, when I said I cheered out loud, I did...in the middle of lunch time. Everyone was like "What?!" I was like "Jerry Falwell is dying! WOOHOO!"

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
More information:

He just passed away.

Jerry Falwell (August 11, 1933 - May 15, 2007) was a fundamentalist pastor and televangelist from the United States.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
According to FOX he's dead.

I hope you grave dancers are happy.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
W00t! Two more to go!

But it doesn't say he died on CNN yet...

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

LYNCHBURG, Va. - The Rev. Jerry Falwell — founder of the Moral Majority and the face of the religious right in the 1980s — died Tuesday after being found unconscious in his office, a Liberty University executive said. Ron Godwin, Liberty's executive vice president, said Falwell, 73, had been found unresponsive around 10:45 a.m. and was taken to Lynchburg General Hospital.

“I had breakfast with him, and he was fine at breakfast,” Godwin said. “He went to his office, I went to mine and they found him unresponsive.”

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Nevermind, it does.

And man they update wikipedia fast...

Well, I'm suddenly much more upbeat today.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Nevermind, it does.

And man they update wikipedia fast...

Well, I'm suddenly much more upbeat today.

And how does celebrating another mans death make you ANY better than him?

While I don't agree with anything this man stood for, I hope his family and people that loved him are able to cope well.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join