It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the best MMO-RPG?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Well im stuck atm because i don't know weither to get Final Fantasy 11
or World of Warcraft

anyone play on either of them or both?
if you could tell me which you think is better it would be greatly apprechiated
=)
thanks alot

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Ive played both of them.

FFxi for 1.5 years.
WoW for about 2.5 years.

I just quit playing MMO's myself. But thats beside the point.

Personally, I found that if you have the time to play, FFxi is more intimate & has a way more fun feel to the grouping. The Battle System, with its "Skill Chains & Magic Bursts" is to me, an amasing system to watch (Graphics are awsome) and to play it is right up there with the most fun. The Story line is also great, very well done, and the cut scenes are of course true to Square Enix quality.

WoW, dont get me wrong, doesnt have 5+ million people playing it for no reason. Its done really well, for all people. Casual or Hardcore. Also, the PvP is a MAJOR draw to the game (Which FFxi really is weak on). End Game raiding can be fun... But to me, there battle system is no where near as good as FFxi. No Skill Chains, basically just button smashing. WoW is also huge in terms of Lore, Background, and well done story lines through out the game.

If I was to go back, I would play FFxi, cause I know they have another expansion coming soon, where the older areas receive a touch up, and I really do miss that Battle System. Also, if you like long, tedious crafting systems. FFxi is go you. WoW crafting is just, push a button an fall asleep.

I would really recommend playing both the 30 day trials if you can though. Will give you an idea, though with FFxi the first while is really slow, of course they only have a couple hundred thousand people playing. Where WoW has 5+ Million people. So, if you do try FFxi, I'd say give it the full 30 day trial. FFxi is tougher and more "Hardcore". WoW is usually right out of the box "easy and fun" which is also a big draw to it.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ill give them both a try then
=)
cheers

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
World of Warcraft is definitely worth checkin out

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I played ALOT of Guild Wars and tried to give WoW a go... i found WoW hurt my eyes... visually it is rubbish and i am not someone that actually plays game for their graphics (i own a Wii). I found that WoW looks like rubbish... plays like rubbish (controls the character just something didn't feel right) and PvP is rubbish (but i guess nothing can compare to Guild Wars in that respect). I cannot comment on end game as i gave it away before then, maybe it gets better... but i didn't see the potential.

If it didn't have the word "Warcraft" in it and the word "Blizzard" associated with it... i honestly don't think it would have done anywhere near as well.

[edit on 3/6/2007 by SilentShadow]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Already an existing thread here.

Best MMORPG?

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
i know there is another thread
but i just wanted to know for personal use
because i was stuck on which MMORPG i should buy

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
id have to say wow......but ive been playing for over 2 years so im kind of bias just dont roll a shaman or a warrior and you will be golden

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
i'v decided im going to get WoW when my internet decides to be good and not be slow =) haha
but if anyone else knows any other MMORPG's they think i might enjoy then feel free to leave a post

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Everquest is by far the best MM ropg it isnt liek WOW where the whole game, tells you where to go what to do, I hated that about WoW its all self explained EQ is a virtual world. bigger and better than WOW

AO Anarchy Onlien is a pretty cool one -- becasue its free

top topics

join