It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Of the Flying Spaghetti Monster - Is it a real threat?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The magnitude of this kind of areligious theory can hardly be described in words. Inspite of the fact that most of us hate such things,it's gaining momentum.How do we tackle this? Is neglecting the right solution?

www.venganza.org

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Well it was just to make a point, and it's working. It's only a way to laugh at fundies in the US... those who take it serious are a joke and they are not serious. They'll say it's serious but it's not, come on.

And did you know that the disapearance of pirates is the cause of global climate change?

Really, I like this ``religion`` it's pissing off fundies.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
What's bothering me is the fact that they are claiming of 1 million FOLLOWERS worldwide!!!
Can this be true in the maddest of imaginations???

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I've got to say I been following FSM for a few years
and every time I see more stickers on cars and shirts and things
makes me smile, I'm glad people have fun with this.

I think when years go by FSM might be ranked up there with
Discordianism if not even more popular.

I actually hopes it never goes away, because its all in the name of fun.

Theres no reason at all to make it go away.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I think it's only a danger to those who would mock God using such nonsense.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I think we should also look at the 'Hate Mail' at their so called 'official website'. Agreed that this gruesome joke was to make a point,but what happens to the sentiments and religious literacy of thousands of people whom these guys have hurt...I find it outrageous...It's disgusting and an indication that such people will give birth to more of their ownkind in the future...What happens then? i'am sure it won't be this easy to take them lightly or consider them as a joke...

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
So how much danger will I be in then?
Which god is being mocked?
from what I remember there are many gods, am I going to have a
house full of mad fanatics thrashing me about cause I think FSM is a great idea?

I don't any where that FSM said other religions don't exist in fact nowhere
does it say if you believe in a different god you'll go to hell.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AryanWatch
I think we should also look at the 'Hate Mail' at their so called 'official website'.
Agreed that this gruesome joke was to make a point,but what happens to the sentiments and religious literacy of thousands of people whom these guys have hurt...I find it outrageous...It's disgusting and an indication that such people will give birth to more of their ownkind in the future...What happens then? i'am sure it won't be this easy to take them lightly or consider them as a joke...

It is the official site.
What 1000's of people have we hurt?
So are you saying my children are disgusting, cause that wasn't needed.

You don't see FSM people carrying machine guns, or starting crusades killing those in the name of FSM. You don't see us going door to door trying to get more members. Most of the members came to the site cause they heard of a funny site, many people joined cause its fun.

Why try to make our fun away?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The name of this thread is “Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster – I it a threat?”
That would mean that you wish to prove that FSM is or is not a threat. And so far all I’ve gotten is the fact that you don’t like it and you’re not sure whether or not they have one million members. That is not a threat assessment.
What about FSMism do you find threatening? Is it a threat to just you or to society as a whole?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Any chance of FSM members who will become fundamental fanatics like that of other religions? .....
(Joke)

Serious I don't think they have priests going around preaching to their members to kill or convert other people.

[edit on 14-5-2007 by ixiy]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Ya they are not...but they are definately spreading this vicious redicule and an inclination to malign one of the greatest religion. Isn't that disturbing?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I would worship the FSM as long as it is topped with marinara sauce and no meatballs...

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Nah, we aren't a threat. It's more of a joke than anything, it never was meant to be real and never will. Pastafarianism was made just to make fun of both evolution and I.D. because of the Kansas Board of Education's decision to include it in their schools. The only threat that we are is that it's caused some 'pranking' of sorts amongst the public and against Christianity and a few other religions.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Have you ever heard of the Purple People Eater from the 70's? It's about as big a threat as that or the Wombles of Wimbledon Common.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
if you want to worry about threatening religions you sould be concentrating on the jedi's, at least the spaghetti monster won't slice you up with a lightsaber.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

but they are definately spreading this vicious redicule

What makes the ridicule vicious and not just plain fun?

to malign one of the greatest religion.

One of? My understanding is that people who find any religion 'great', tend to think that there is only 1 'great' religion, and the rest are false.

Perhaps you could give us a list of religions that are okay to ridicule?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I feel this could be a huge threat. I for one do not wish to be touched by anyone's noodly appendage.

Even though I may have touched more noodles (instant) than most FSM church goers.

I have alway had a fondness for spaghetti, food is fun people.

As for those wombles, watch ya back, their nasty little buggers. If you drop some litter they'll string you up in a tree.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'm a "fundie" and first read about the FSM in wired mag. I pray for the guy truthfully, he's confused. Science does back creation, just consider the 1st and 2nd laws and thermal dynamics. Really look at them and study them and try to explain the paradox without a creator. Heck explain the 1st law without a creator. You cant.....

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Haha it's actually quite clever what they've done. The whole point in it is to show that people can believe whatever they want. Any Christians or other religious people who say it's nonsense obviously don't see the message in it, and need to look at their own beliefs first.

So what if FSM followers have never seen the spaghetti monster? Christians have never seen God in the flesh so how is Christianity any more credible!?

And as someone said before, at least they don't go round starting crusades and jihads and trying to convert people

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
OK Aryanwatch, I'm going to start by telling you that I am an atheist. no I will not recant on my deathbed, no my mind will not be changed, for I in fact have one that works properly. If you think that sounds a little arrogant go ahead, I do not mind, Christians and others of their ilk have been getting away with that and literally with murder for centuries. Reading through the posts by all the deists on this thread all I sense is the undercurrent of intolerance and cruelty I am used to reading on such discussions in all forum sites I frequent .A 'threat' ..oh please. My opinion is that religion is a profound sickness and humanity would do well to be rid of it. You are the real threat. You people have been murdering atheists any any other non christians for centuries.You would be better off without this terrible monkey on your back that trammels your mind Aryanwatch. You may not like me any more, that's fine, I forgive you.
Here is a link that may make you a little more angry if you thought the FSM one was bad : www.landoverbaptist.org... Take your time with that one sir.
Here is an author that you really need to read : www.samharris.org/
Read him, read Letter To A Christian nation...he's serious, and he's right. please. Please read him . I wish you no Ill will by the way and I don't wish you eternal pain in any kind of afterlife because you don't think as I do, but then I wouldn't would I, I am an atheist after all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join